It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask Jesse

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

The most recent and biggest scandal / failure of all time would be that the US government used 52.6 billion dollars for so-called "black budget" in 2013.

It´s the Americans money, should they not have insight in what they are used for.

rt.com...

Oh and the NSA surveillance scandal..
Obama administration drowning in lawsuits filed over NSA surveillance
rt.com...
edit on 9-7-2014 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
What do you think the federal government's most recent failures are? Hobby Lobby? The VA Scandal?

I hope you aren't implying that the Hobby Lobby ruling is a failure. It's not. It's a victory for the Constitutional rights of Americans.

As for the biggest failure of the US Gov't at this point .. it's a tie ... failure to secure the border and failure to investigate Obama and all his administration (including Holder) for blatantly breaking the law. (Soldier/Terrorist swap for example).

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
HI Jesse,

Well what about ''ISIS Terror Leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Was Released By Obama from Camp Bucca in 2009''.
Iraq crisis: the jihadist behind the takeover of Mosul - and how America let him go

They probably need a new Osama Bin Laden/Bogeyman?

Good change they have trained and funded ISIS as well for some kind of reason in those same camps where they have kept him in prison.

But just that they are supporting/financing terrorists (like in Syria and remembering Bush speeches like: ''Those who harbor terrorists, or who finance them, are going to pay a price.") and can get away with it is just mindboggling so when they can do this they can do basically do anything (this explains also they go weirder and weirder) and the people, no protests, nothing.
edit on 9-7-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Hobby Lobby would have to be the biggest failure. This opened the door for a owners religion to be forced on their employees. What next refusing blood transfusions? Surgery or vaccines? The Supreme Court sellouts need to be reminded that rights are for people not the companies they own.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hello again Jesse!

I would have to somewhat second and elaborate on 'Plugin' response above.
I can't imagine a bigger failure of our present/past government then in foreign policy, specifically with dealing with terrorism and the middle east. It almost whispers conspiracy given the lack of expertise in these situations which have now escalated to a point that will be damning to us all.
Are the false flags reality? I really scratch my head sometimes wondering how 'we' as the most powerful country on the planet could let these things slip through the cracks, unnoticed or unforeseen. Do they have a quantum computer stashed away somewhere telling them to let the middle east start WW3 for the better good of humanity or even just the USA?
What is in store for us next?

So again to be blunt, what the hell are they doing in respect to foreign policy!?! It's a disaster!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Hobby Lobby would have to be the biggest failure. This opened the door for a owners religion to be forced on their employees.

No one forced the employees who work there of their own free will to be protestant evangelicals. And if any employee wants an abortive contraceptive, they can still get them without any problem. Your statement is not true.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Governor Ventura,

A lot has happened in the past two weeks in US politics.

We have a humanitarian crisis at the border, widely misunderstood by right-wingers as to what actual law states the US has obligated itself to do as well as the majority of Americans not understanding why US economic policies are largely to blame for creating such a hostile living environment in their homelands and why it's not such a simple thing to stay and fight for change. Perhaps you can shed some light on this.

I would love to hear why you personally think the Hobby Lobby ruling is or isn't Constitutional.

Congress has granted itself new travel declarations rules this week as well as declared itself immune to insider trading probes. The House also is about to outspend VA benefits on more Benghazi investigations and hearings... what is your take on that? There are few movements creating buzz to address corruption in Congress, one is Wolf-Pac which seeks to get State Legislatures to call for an Article V Convention to add a 28th Amendment: "Corporations are not people. They have none of the Constitutional rights of human beings. Corporations are not allowed to give money to any politician, directly or indirectly. No politician can raise over $100 from any person or entity. All elections must be publicly financed.", 2 of 34 needed States have formally declared. What do you think of opening up an Article V Convention?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think the Citizens United Supreme Court decision was a turning point in this country. Defining corporations and PACs as "people" takes the power OUT of the hands of the people and puts it into the hands of the wealthy corporations and political entities. Of course, it started with Buckley v. Valeo, which said that money counts as free speech. So, this has been in the works for some time, but it's only recently (past 20 years) having its desired effects.

The people don't run this country anymore. We are quickly turning into a plutocracy, allowing the wealthy and religious to rule.

Hobby Lobby is a bad decision and unconstitutional because the decision is based on a congress-passed law (the Religious Freedom Restoration Act), which was written to protect the people's religious expression, but now, with Citizen's United, ANY entity can be considered a "person". What kind of chance does a regular person have to go up against an entire uber-wealthy corporation?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hello Gov,

Would you be in favor of building a wall separating the US from Mexico?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Just playing Devil's Advocate...how about we blame the mindless masses for once? You can say what you want about the government, but how about the fact that no one ever does anything, or protests one of the worst stretches of leadership in American history, starting with George W. Bush, until today. During the '60's, and say what you want about it, but at least they stood up and had massive protests. You can't count on anyone to do anything these days, to cause a real change in the political landscape.

My own belief is that they have finally achieved what they have wanted for so long. People have various forms of entertainment (including this forum) to hide in, and it doesn't matter what goes on. No one will ever protest en masse (countrywide), any decision or misstep by the government.

Let's talk about that, for a change.
edit on 9-7-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

As a disabled veteran myself id say the VA scandals are starting to creep me out. Im still young and can manage the damage that is done to me but I'm nervous about the future using the VA as my only source of health care. What concerns me more is that as a nation if America can't or doesn't take care of its vets then I only see a nation in steep decline.

Lets take this further...if I was patriotic to my country but my country was not patriotic to me then what business do I have defending it ever again? In fact...with my skills why not work for the highest bidder? Maybe another country will appreciate my abilities and services better than what I was shown in America. Which very means we may have more vets or current members crossing over.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hi Jesse,
I was wondering if you've found the time to bleed yet ?
Thanks

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

A wall in not practical. Berlin had a wall. The rest of the world views the US government not much different than Nazi Germany, building a fence would not help our reputation and the reality is it would do little in the way of preventing border crossing.

Open borders and open trade is a much better option.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Catacomb

I agree completely with you. The people certainly play their part in the destruction.

There was a study done recently that left people alone in a room for 15 minutes (without i-phones). They were given the choice to just sit there or give themselves a little shock periodically. 1/4 of the women and 2/3 of the men chose to shock themselves, rather than sit alone with their thoughts.

Source

"What is striking," the investigators write, "is that simply being alone with their own thoughts for 15 minutes was apparently so aversive that it drove many participants to self-administer an electric shock that they had earlier said they would pay to avoid."

Our minds have been programmed to be very uncomfortable with quiet time... Just thinking. We must be occupied, busy, entertained. We are being trained NOT to think or do, but to absorb. And as long as we accept this training and don't fight against it, we are complicit. That's why I don't own a cell phone of any kind and meditate every day - to keep my thinking muscles working.

edit on 7/9/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Hobby Lobby would have to be the biggest failure. This opened the door for a owners religion to be forced on their employees.

No one forced the employees who work there of their own free will to be protestant evangelicals. And if any employee wants an abortive contraceptive, they can still get them without any problem. Your statement is not true.

Maybe you should work on your English I never said anything about forcing people to be evangelicals. I said forcing people to live by their faith which by denying those contraceptives from their health plan is just what they are doing. And seeing how they are invested in the companies that makes those contraceptives shows they are nothing but total hypocrites. They support them when it puts money in their pockets but don't support them when it takes money out of their pockets.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Jessie:

Why do you think that Obama is being kept out of the loop on so many issues in Washington? It seems like any time makes nations news or captures the interest of the people, he seems to be 2 steps behind, either appears totally inept for doing the job, lost on the issue, or is out right lying to the public. Which do you think it is.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I agree Jrod. The entire idea of a fence on any border seems dangerous to me, in that it can not only be used to keep people out...but to keep people in, and it doesn't seem to be financially worth it in my opinion.

As far as the reference to the US becoming like Nazi Germany.....right on the button. Most of the population are good people, but apathetic. There is an overpowering, controlling government that puts out ungodly amounts of propaganda and it has created a section of people in our society that plays cheerleader for death, war, hate, bigotry and stupidity.

Anyway, I was just wondering what Jessie's take was on the issue.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Ask Jesse

Okay...

How are the carnitas?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I never said anything about forcing people to be evangelicals.

Your exact quote - "a owners religion to be forced on their employees." that can be taken a few different ways.

I said forcing people to live by their faith which by denying those contraceptives from their health plan is just what they are doing.

1 - Contraceptives were not denied. 16/20 were paid for by the employer.
2 - 4 abortificants were not paid for.
3 - The people can still get those elsewhere if they wish.
4 - No one is forcing those employees to work for Hobby Lobby.
5 - The court decision was correct. Employees don't have a right to force the business owner to go against his religion.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Jesse,

Was the full force of the US Government used to commit Election Fraud.

Did the Administration use the IRS to essentially wipe out the competition?

What if anything should be done if they prove the Election is a Fraud?

Thanks

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join