It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's heating up in Israel even more..4 million Israelis in bomb shelters, Israel planning Response

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Siegel told Shapiro that Hamas “targeted civilians on our side” while “hiding among civilians on their side.” He stated, “No country would ever tolerate even one of these missiles, let alone 150 in a day.” Siegel confirmed that Israel was drafting 40,000 reserves. “We offered quiet for quiet,” Siegel said. “They saw that as weakness. Again, they’ve miscalculated Israel’s intent…You’re going to see over the next few days a very significant operation.”
link

I think this is going to launch a wider conflict in the Middle East. The drumbeats of war are getting louder. What will we do? (U.S.) Will we sit on the sidelines or get involved? Seems we must have a mutual treaty or something with Israel.

Overnight, Israel says, Hamas launched 150 rockets. They shot down 30 of them. This is really getting serious now.

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

The Israeli response has been completely disproportionate. I am not one of the people here that is anti-Israel, but even I can see that they have used the tension of recent weeks to respond with overkill. While Hamas is firing rockets, they aren't doing much damage or inflicting as many casualties as Israeli strikes have and let's not forget that once the 3 Israeli teens were kidnapped, Israel responded with strong arm tactics and killed something like 15 palestinians in the process as well as kidnapping and beating a palestinian youth of their own.

Now they are launching airstrikes as well as strikes from sea on the west bank, which is far from a state equipped with a modern army. Hamas are scum as far as I'm concerned, but Israel has not handled this situation well at all.

As for the U.S, they won't get involved. There is too much going on in the middle east right now and Israel can handle Hamas on it's own. There will probably be diplomatic pressure from the U.S and little else as a response. Where things can begin to spiral out of control is if Hezbollah gets involved, but they are currently preoccupied with events in Syria, and most of the Arab world is focused on both Syria and Iraq.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

While Hamas is firing rockets, they aren't doing much damage or inflicting as many casualties as Israeli strikes

So....are they supposed to just sit by and wait for some real damage to be done? If someone is firing bullets into my yard, im coming out guns a blazing...that is a promise

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Lets see .. this round started due to isreal falsely blaming the murder of 3 teens on the palestinians then before any proper police investigation or due process israel launches airstrikes against the palestinians .. then after launching airstrikes turns out the culprits who commitd the murders were arrested and shock guess what the guilty parties were jewish ..

If israel wants sympathy israel can find it in the dictionary between # and syphilis ..

Nothing justifies the latest round of mass murder israel started because they jumped to conclusions before a proper police investigation and arrest of the guilty parties made.

Now once again israel covering its arse playing the victim card ..

link   
Question is, why isn't the United Nations getting involved? If ever a situation called for peacekeepers, this should be it. Send 30,000 into Palestine and they can locate where the rockets are being launched from and arrest the perpetrators. Send another 30,000 into Israel to help all those victims of the rocket attacks. That should tone down the violence in no time.

link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

While Hamas is firing rockets, they aren't doing much damage or inflicting as many casualties as Israeli strikes

So....are they supposed to just sit by and wait for some real damage to be done? If someone is firing bullets into my yard, im coming out guns a blazing...that is a promise

Well, what do you propose? Drop more bombs? Maybe instead of launching air strikes and cruise missiles they could try and opt for a cease fire and peace talks brokered by Abbas? Hamas hasn't even reached any of the cities it's targeted with rockets, and any of them that managed to get close, were intercepted.

Bombing them into the stone age hasn't worked before and it won't work this time either. Do you agree that the Israeli response to the missing teens was disproportionate? Israel has had it's own part in escalating the tensions there in recent weeks. All they are going to do by responding disproportionately is further fan the flames of war, and encourage Hamas to increase their offensives.
edit on 9-7-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Question is, why isn't the United Nations getting involved? If ever a situation called for peacekeepers, this should be it. Send 30,000 into Palestine and they can locate where the rockets are being launched from and arrest the perpetrators. Send another 30,000 into Israel to help all those victims of the rocket attacks. That should tone down the violence in no time.

both places need new leadership.......this garbage between these two places are likened to kids in the playground....he said she said....this tit for tat war is pathetic.....

peacekeepers may help but as soon as they leave it will be back to square 1....no band aids... they need to fix the root of the problem...

or is it that the TPTB have a vested interest in this religious war and are using it to further their agendas ?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The cease fires and the peace talks have not worked either....Again, violence will always be met with violence. Israel was well within its bounds to protect itself. Im not arguing who is right and wrong between them, but I do think Israel has every right to defend themselves.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Lets see .. this round started due to isreal falsely blaming the murder of 3 teens on the palestinians then before any proper police investigation or due process israel launches airstrikes against the palestinians .. then after launching airstrikes turns out the culprits who commitd the murders were arrested and shock guess what the guilty parties were jewish ..

If israel wants sympathy israel can find it in the dictionary between # and syphilis ..

Nothing justifies the latest round of mass murder israel started because they jumped to conclusions before a proper police investigation and arrest of the guilty parties made.

Now once again israel covering its arse playing the victim card ..

ISRAEL jumps to these deadly conclusions because they make their decisions behind a mask of fear. If Israel stopped retaliating out of fear, they wouldn't "create" situations that lead to more problems.
edit on 9-7-2014 by lostbook because: word change

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
meh, let them duke it out.

it's good enough for sunni/shiite, right?

why should anyone get involved?

maybe obama should give the pal's some arms and uniforms to fight with.

doesn't matter who started it, just who ends it.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Hamas need to learn they cant lob rockets at Israel without a spanking.

How many times have we seen this exact same story play out?

Left hand side throws rockets, right hand side throws bigger rockets and smacks them down

goes quiet for a few years

Left hand side throws rockets again...

I'm on Israel's side with launching a big offensive, time to stop the rockets once and for all.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Yeah # it send the hagganah thugs in to do some more ethnic cleansing like in the old days.....shmucks.....

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph\

As for the U.S, they won't get involved. There is too much going on in the middle east right now and Israel can handle Hamas on it's own.

You didn't hear?
The US is heavily involved.
Between 4 billion a year in welfare and our dual citizens waging all sorts of warfare, the US is in to it's forehead.
The israeli terrorists handle hamas simply because the US enables them to do so.
I'd love to see that aid cut, then we would finally see peace in the M.E.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

Hmmm..
The two kids adjacent to my lot were throwing rocks at my greenhouse (luckily it is a strong plastic).
For awhile I was thinking of doing the israeli SOP and launching some guided rockets at them, then I remembered my humanity...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541

bit of a jaded response.

the rocks they are throwing at your greenhouse aren't going to explode and butcher young people.

If someone through a bomb through your front bedroom window, over and over and over again for years and years.. I have feeling you'd retaliate.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Israel are renown for breaking ceasefires and truces, what do you expect the Palestinians to do? Sit back and just get bombed for the rest of eternity by far superior weapons? I would be launching rockets at them as well.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

I agree, Israel has had the power and the opportunity to smack down Palestine proper for a long, long time.
They could have annihilated Palestine, destroyed HAMAS and built a shrine to Judaism on Gaza beach but they didn't.

Both sides need to accept each other, If Israel has the right to exist then so does Palestine.

In saying that, Palestine needs to accept they are the little dog in the yard and the big pitbull has been holding its punches.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The UN created the problem, let them stay there as long as it takes. Have they got anything better to do? After all, maintaining peace is why the UN was created. They should be all over this.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

bit of a jaded response.

the rocks they are throwing at your greenhouse aren't going to explode and butcher young people.

If someone through a bomb through your front bedroom window, over and over and over again for years and years.. I have feeling you'd retaliate.

Oh???
Well isn't that odd!
Just when was the last israeli killed in a rocket attack?
These Palestinian "missiles" almost always fall short of intended targets, mostly because rocks are classified as missiles as well, then they are almost always no better than home made Estes cardboard rockets.
But no matter how small an attack the terrorist israelis always "respond" by sending tanks and bombs and planes and helicopters.
I just wish the US could stop funding the terrorists, this war would take on a whole new look if both sides were fighting with rocks.
Jaded... Interesting.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Defunding them won't matter. Israel belongs to the Rothschilds. It has their star on the flag. Us giving them Aid is just an illusion. They run the federal reserve and everything else. Sending Israel aid is like moving money from your savings to your checking account. Israel wouldnt exist without United States backing. We basically bullied the world into accepting them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join