It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could The Bibles Chapter Rev Been Added To Trick Us?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Would seem to explain John and the World he was living at the time.

Possible John was just writing down a spell, hateful words. Still why place it in the Bible? Physics could have far more Laws we haven't ever touched, and it is possible in other areas of said Space it could not even exist. Just a name we call something we think we know.

Yet we can not even Create some of the things today made 1,000's of years ago.

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: infoseeker26754

Would seem to explain John and the World he was living at the time.

Possible John was just writing down a spell, hateful words. Still why place it in the Bible? Physics could have far more Laws we haven't ever touched, and it is possible in other areas of said Space it could not even exist. Just a name we call something we think we know.

I don't know why it was put in the bible. I wasn't at the Council of Nicea. But seeing how superstitition ran rampant back then and there was no quality control for telling the truth so it's easy to see why those bishops and priests thought it would come true.

Yet we can not even Create some of the things today made 1,000's of years ago.

Peace

Yes we could, if we put our minds to it. The only reason that statement holds true is because we haven't TRIED to build huge monoliths of the past, because we don't need to and they take up a TON of space. Not to mention would be WAY to expensive to make.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
im not here to bash anyones religion, but if you are living your life according to a book that has multiple authors, spanning multiple eras of human history, a book that has been doctored over the ages to fit the agendas and beliefs of one man alone in some cases; i cannot at all take you seriously, nor will i even give you my time of day.

if god were real, and jesus was his son, they would be SO disappointed in us today.
edit on 10-7-2014 by 8fl0z because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 8fl0z

My thoughts exactly. The entire bible was written to trick people, not just one book of it. A clever mix of history, mythology and outright BS has kept humans held back from true progress. Even now, we are not progressing the way we should be. The morons that follow their religious texts are self-fulfilling the prophecies within them to give their pointless lives meaning and appease their fragile egos.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

Thanks very much for enlightening us all. MS

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: infoseeker26754

Thanks for your reply! MS

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I can see then 2 points! Fear of the unknown and money.

Money being the cause we still use gas, coal although we do now have solar and wind! Every day something come unexpected, just do not know why people get so caught up into thinking it evil, someone cast a spell or plain old bad luck! People do not understand Happiness, like it is something one must have, get. It does not work that way. Right Now, this is Happiness! What one has, happy with the way things are! Frankly, if one is not happy with How it is, then It's about time to ask why. It has nothing to do with the outside world!

I did not mean to actually make one, we just could not come close if we tried. Plus instead of pouring money into War, why not do something else with it wisely? Everything we have only Takes from, never replaces. Soon there will be nothing left to Take. Then what? Rush off to Space to Take? Might as well start with the Moon, it won't Hurt!

I'll have to do some reading about the Council Of Nicea. What there is of it anyways. Thanks for adding to the pile of info!

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Apparently, the Revelation is pretty much agreed to be a pre-Christian Jewish text that was re-purposed to give the New Testament a more "hopeful" ending. The symbolism and cosmology is largely incongruous with the rest of the New Testament, and in some ways contradictory, presenting the returned Savior as a kind of warrior king, not the humble Son of Man who teaches us the virtue of poverty, humility and charity towards our fellow men.

But, hey. People love a good fight.

No offence but only someone ignorant and the ignorant believe this or would believe it.....on all points.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

It does differ within the Church, some of them! So set in their ways, caught in an Idea with no way out. I have no bashings about this even. I find this sad in a way, for them.

Ever get that voice telling you something and you do not listen? Somewhere down the road of Life it was passed down that people who Talked To Voices are Crazy! Plus just talking to one self openly seems to Jar some. This would place me on the Special List of Crazy! Top 5 even!

For 1/2 years I thought I was losing it myself! Gone Wacko indeed! Decided to bypass what was told, taught and though, Whats wrong with the voices anyways? So unless you feel like leaving them Nuts to fall as they may. Do not try this! Although Christ and Buddha had to have done the very same thing really. Drop everything the World Taught and go find out Yourself!

Yes! You do get to meet satan; lol your otherside really, the stuff you yourself hide from and named evil so not have to deal with. That sort of thing. Is it true 2/3's of the people in your life either follow or play you? It it true that everything ever told since childhood just a mere story? It it true most of your life and ideas of it are baselines of them stories? Is it true you never actually questioned any of it lately? Would Auto Pliot explain you?

Could you go to an island and be by yourself for 6 months Alone? Most of these questions come up from them voices, they are the small one's! Gotta Love the real Questions though! They come from the remaining Voices left from all the left-overs messing with your life. Instead of Ego having 1,000's of voices you drop them down to 5-7 all get to have a vote really and then it up to one to move.

How is the World Today? People are like ants, running to and fro, most follow the main stream ways! Anything else you get to be noticed, called crazy and passed off as a nut! Until the questions come from another wondering why you can sleep. Why you can act like nothing bothers you. Some will say so you think your better.

Its the Temple within oneself thats connected with Itself. Now I will not go as far saying that this is the Christ Idea He was talking about since I would not know. Was not there, nor have I been. Yep! Still have my problems like everyone else, although Problems are not the word I use anymore. Outdated Term/Word we used to call something we have to deal with.

Rev and it's words are so screwed up that all people can think of! Hello? If it's the End, would it not be a good time to Think things out before it happens? Since no one could hold their hand up and stop the sky from falling, nor stop an earthquake. Why is it so important? Would not the thought that This might be it might have one go about changing something about themselves in a positive way?

Relg created evil and the End to do nothing but hide the Fact You Have to do it Yourself! You should have learned when one prays for something to change! Until you move, praying just keeps you from moving. Yet all know Life will come blow down your House if it Needs to!

Amen. I'm going to hell! Yet has one considered that Your already There and finding a way Out? Just so you know; Hell is Cold! It has no Energy so it steals it from others. Pointless really. Once one feel warm inside, fuzzy you just feel your own Energy moving. Fear keeps one from moving, yet to not notice Doom. Your just Lying to yourself.

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Always! History itself could tell you that! Now Explain why History is misleading? Why is it unless you dig somewhat deeper into history, you find a different story?

The only Truth is we have 2 side to everything! Consider only one side as fact, How it Went Down is a stupid idea used today. Then following that story, build ones Life around it and one day something shocks ones World! Had to be satan up to no good again or that @sshole placed a spell on me, or even mind probes washing ones brain!

Question today what comes before you and when one has time, question whats in ones head too. Thinking for oneself is whats needed today. Thats what is Not being Teached, that somewhere Out There is the key to ones Whatever! How to do it, some even have List of things one must do in order to find Whatever!

All should know by now It always come back! Just some out there became Mad that this Law is Real!

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

You do mean, Forced Right?

I've never got into the changing of the tune really, read the Bible myself and had more questions, missing parts and was left Disappointed! Then digging somewhat deeper, How the Church started anyways. Tossed the Book down as something one should not Read!

One could go finding Words Christ actually said another way. Cuts most of the storyline down to a simpler way. Christ was not the only Great Teacher, there are Many. Until one decides that the story might have many views from others and not follow any one Way. One Learns.

Learns Nothing, except Himself.

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

It would seem it could have been nothing more then the Phone Call one is to Receive when the Time Comes. This I have Gotten myself from Rev. Either one is Caught with the World or One is Walking with Info from a inner point being sent to you. Really does not matter where the Info Comes from only that it comes from Within and rings True with ones Heart.

Now if more would Just pick up the Phone! Misplaced Fear is Not picking it up is How Relg plays this. Best to keep the evil away, hide from it, or pretend it does not exist at all. Sould be advoided at all cost! WHY? How do you know it's Evil in the first place? Someone Told Me! So you Really Don't Know Right?

Now if you see some red eyes staring at you from the corner you might want to consider protecting yourself first.

Yet it could just be a cat, dog, very large bug just as scaried as you are! So far seen some strange stuff, pee myself yet No Evil. WHY?

I do not Know! I see what evil People do, have done myself even. I'm made some changes because of it. Rule 1 You don't like it coming your way. Why are you doing it to began with to others?

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 8fl0z

Right?

If one can stand while God, Christ does come calling and feel you have done all you can in one's life. Fixed what errors needed correcting, changed ones ways.

Why go Hide in some Cave? You would be missing one of the Greatest Shows if it goes as planned by Rev. So you burn watching, lol maybe it won't burn! Although if I was God, I can say I would be Pissed!

Or come home after work and nothing left but ashes since I left it to God to handle. Wanted Change in my Life so Prayed to God to do it for me! Ideas that need to be questioned and not taken as some layed out Facts.

I can understand this.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join