It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jewish Trinity(OT only)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This is a link to a vid on the book of Enoch you might find interesting www.youtube.com...

edit on 10-7-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: zardust
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Do you have a point? You don't believe me? Or my sources are wrong? On what count are you denying what I say? I posted 8 versions calling Moses Elohim.

Do I really need to give you manuscript evidence. Sheesh

Moses was a prophet and could do things that Elohim could do. It makes sense to refer to a prophet or someone allowing God to work through them Elohim. As the OP says its not a word used for God, but something that is of or part of the spiritual realm. Moses had attributes of an Elohim and that is what that passage says . He mad Moses as a God. It didn't say he made him God

I asked for what manuscripts you were reading to find that Yahweh was subservient to el and all that jazz
edit on 12-7-2014 by ServantOfTheLamb because: added more

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

This is a link to a vid on the book of Enoch you might find interesting
The people in the video do not come off, to me, as being especially qualified to discuss the books and seem to take a more sensationalist approach rather than a purely scholarly one.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Sorry it was disappointing for you .You must really get disappointed with most of the members of ATS myself included because of our lack of scholarly credibility . Heck it must be frustrating even in academia to find even more diverse opinions on scholarly subjects .It was the academics of their day that convince the common folk that the earth was flat and rejected someone who didn't fit into their idea of a scholar . something to think about . have a great day a reply to: jmdewey60

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

You must really get disappointed with most of the members of ATS myself included because of our lack of scholarly credibility .
This doesn't come off as being especially sympathetic.
There is being scholarly yourself, which only some small number of people may fit into, and then there is discernment of who might be scholarly to listen to in hopes of some true enlightenment.
Just blowing it off in favor of sensationalism is a personal choice, having nothing to do with a person's ability to be "scholarly" himself.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Some scholars have a genuine interest and are willing to listen to what may be less then desirable qualities in the presenters . I am sure you like me have our favorite types of speakers and how they present their work .One very important thing I found interesting in his discussion about Enoch was the prophecy where Enoch uses animals that describe the future history . I had read Enoch before but had not noticed it .Sometimes I find I will re-read a book from the Bible and pick up just one more little fact I had not considered before , that changes my picture of what I see in other places . For instance this morning while listening to one lecture ,it was brought out that the word " I" is a mis translation in the KJB and should be "he" ...small difference that has big ramifications to discerning the text . a reply to: jmdewey60

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join