It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COSTCO Bans D'Sousa's Book 'AMERICA' Because it is Critical of Barack Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I've never been a member of Costco and I guess now I never will. Apparently, the CEO is big Obama fan and decided to pull the book off the shelves in all stores.

The book, in this midterm election year, is a strong rebuttal of the progressive ideology behind President Obama’s policies, which have been supported by Costco co-founder and director Jim Sinegal, a major Democrat donor and a speaker at the 2012 Democratic National Convention that nominated the president. A Washington Post political reporter has noted Obama’s “romance” with the nation’s second-largest retailer.

Talk about industry in the pocket of politicians! So this guy who co-founded Costco pushes his ideology through his stores and will censor the goods on the shelf.

And it wasn't like the book was a bad seller...

Costco has sold more than 3,600 copies of “America” nationwide, with about 700 copies sold last week as D’Souza’s film by the same name opened at more than 1,000 movie theaters nationwide.

This is the best part...

Sinegal, who retired as Costco CEO in January 2013, said Obama’s re-election would be better for businesses than a country led by Mitt Romney. American companies, he said, need “a president who takes the long view and makes the tough decisions,” said Sinegal. “That’s why I am here tonight supporting President Obama, a president making an economy built to last,” he said.

Really? What an idiot! The economy for Sinegal may be just great but not for the other 99%.

Full story here

So there you have it, warehouse shopping for Democrats.

edit on 8-7-2014 by LogicalGraphitti because: more info

edit on 8-7-2014 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I read about this earlier.

Not only his book but google is also 'misdirecting' his movie show time, and places.

Acting like a bunch of nazis they are.

Trying to burn books.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This information just made me buy the book. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords
My wife's been bugging me to go see the movie. I think now I will just as soon as I get out of the book store.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It's his company, he can sell what he wants.

Usually republicans are saying companies can do whatever they want, what hypocrites.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Usually republicans are saying companies can do whatever they want, what hypocrites.

Really I wonder why that excuse doesn't seem to work for Hobby Lobby ?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Reminds of when Caldors did not sell Howard Stern's book Private Parts and then altered the best seller list to remove it from the #1 spot.

If they do not want to sell the book that is their prerogative. All that means is if someone wants it they will spend their money elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Great news... I hope there's a backlash and there'll finally be room to park close to the entrance.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The Washington Examiner reported June 20 that the book sold 4,915 in the first week and 5,592 in the second week but mysteriously was kept off the New York Times bestseller list, where it would have ranked No. 8 and then No. 11 on the June 29 list. D’Souza told the Examiner: “It’s their newspaper, and they have a right to rig their list anyway they want, but if they are doing it, people should know.” - See more at: www.libertynewsonline.com...

That is true he should have the right to sell what he wants. I have no problem with that it's honest, if not ethical.
I do have a problem with this. This is dishonesty and lies.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Reminds of when Caldors did not sell Howard Stern's book Private Parts and then altered the best seller list to remove it from the #1 spot.

If they do not want to sell the book that is their prerogative. All that means is if someone wants it they will spend their money elsewhere.

Sure, the owner can do what he wants but what this points out is who's funding politicians. We really are being led the nose by a few people that fund their pal in elections. If we could get rid of that part, we might have some true leaders step up instead of puppets like the one we have to deal with now. I'd really like to see some legislation passed that limits contributions. But who am I kidding, politicians are not going to legislate themselves out of the gravy train.

edit on 8-7-2014 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

really?....that's you comparison?....lololololol

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Current member of Costco and as much as I loathe corporations, this is one I support.
I personally know of an employee who passed and Costco took care of his family for the next 2 years...and beyond.
Not a soldier or anyone "special", just a valued employee.

If you really need a book, shop amazon or barnes and noble.
Costco can't house everything as they specialize in nothing in particular.
This whole issue in a non issue and possibly propaganda and advertisement for the book.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I do not expect fundraising to be fundamentally different and recent rulings seem to support this.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

The Washington Examiner reported June 20 that the book sold 4,915 in the first week and 5,592 in the second week but mysteriously was kept off the New York Times bestseller list, where it would have ranked No. 8 and then No. 11 on the June 29 list. D’Souza told the Examiner: “It’s their newspaper, and they have a right to rig their list anyway they want, but if they are doing it, people should know.” - See more at: www.libertynewsonline.com...

That is true he should have the right to sell what he wants. I have no problem with that it's honest, if not ethical.
I do have a problem with this. This is dishonesty and lies.

(d,sousa) is a nutcase....and a criminally convicted one at that....plus...he's just a**h*le to other people. the only reason anyone is selling his book, is because stupid people will buy it, and they're a lot of them here in America.....

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

really?....that's you comparison?....lololololol

Wasn't my only one.

Missed the first post about acting like Nazi's burning books they don't like ?

I missed the humor.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Is that right ?

At least D'Souza sold more books than CLinton has.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

What does that have to do with an accurate list of total national book sales?

Did the NYT rig their list and omit a book that had the sales to be on the list?

Dostoyevsky was a criminally convicted nutcase and his books are classics now

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
this points out is who's funding politicians.

CostCo's headquarters are in Issaquah, Washington. It isn't exactly going to be a huge secret or surprise that their corporate leaders are likely donators to the Democratic party and Democrat candidates.

Based on how well CostCo treats their employees, their wages, benefit packages, and culture, I think they're remarkably decent compared to their corporate peers in 2014. Their book section is small by any measure, focusing on probably less than 100 titles, 2/3rds of which are either cookbooks or children's books, and most of the rest being local/regional interest books. That leaves room for maybe 10-15 revolving current best sellers or boxed collections. Besides which, it is entirely their perogative to sell or not sell whatever they wish.

Seriously, of all the corporate crap out there, bitching about CostCo not carrying a book has got to be way down on the ladder of important vs random distraction.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Yeah . . . the globalist bed mates are co-conspirators, imho.

It's fairly easy to avoid Costco with Sam's being where it is in this region.

Of course, the Regressives would be screaming, wailing, throwing dust in the air and generally creating a Z last class terminal fuss

if Hobby Lobby were to ban a book for political reasons. If Hobby Lobby was a book store, I could imagine that they would, on principle ban some outrageously destructive books. But it would at least be a well founded principle based on facts . . . compared to the Costco's Destroyer-in-Chief suck-up position.

Now if Sam's banned such a say pro-the Thug-in-Chief book, the Regressive's wailing would also be extreme.

Their mantra for at least a hundred years has been

CENSORSHIP FOR THEE IS RIGHTEOUS AND ESSENTIAL [though we refuse to admit that there is any such thing as right/wrong/ righteous or whatever . . . as idiotic as that perspective is].

WHILE CENSORSHIP FOR US IS TERMINALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO BEAR AND INTOLERABLE.

Yeah, the brazen double standard is still alive and well in the swamps and muck of the land of the Regressives.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Because he isn't crying I'm doing it because my religion says so. Also did Costco promise the book as part of their employee literary plan?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join