It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honest question: How many of the Palestinians and Israelis laying dead in the street are wealthy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This flare up in Jewish vs. Palestinians has become very heated. I am embarrassed that I allowed myself to be caught up in it. Now, with a calmer head it appears to me that all the people actually doing the dying on both sides are the poor. Is this really just another rich man's war that sends the poor into the meat grinder while they reap the profits? There is enough land and resources to go around right?
This war produces huge sums of cash and donations for the elite on both sides while the poor go hungry and die it seems. Is there something to this or is my tin foil hat on too tight?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

That's how most wars work. The people with all the power send others to do the killing and dying for them. Sometimes the truly psychopathic of the elites join in for the thrills. Generally though, yes, only the poor. The uneducated. The psychos. When too much of the population becomes discontent they have to start wars or commit genocide. It is the only way to stay in power. If they don't give the people a boogeyman (terrorists etc.), then the people will turn on the real problem which is the ruling class.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Do you know of ANY war fought in the last...oh..ever, where the poor and disenfranchised weren't the victims?

Seems like an obvious answer.

Much like cowards send men to war, the same phrase applies to terrorist organizations and governments.

Even if the distinction between the two is hardly a distinction at all..

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
i don't think your tinfoil hat is on too tight..
..when i look at the world all i see is the poor getting smashed continually
/adjusts tinfoil hat

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Like I mentioned in the other post, money has a lot if not all to do with it originally.
But truthfully the title of the thread is misleading.
If we compare the numbers of dead and the fact that at this moment there are many fresh Palestinian dead on the ground.
And the fact that there are no israeli bodies on the street, nor generally are there.
The best way to stop this is to make war unaffordable, simply cut all US aid to the M.E.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere Actually I was thinking there are way more dead poor Palestinians in the street than Jews and the huge divide between them economically is telling of who is really getting used, but you, you can't put your hate aside for one second.

I just remembered to "follow the money".

edit on 8-7-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541 You beat me to it but I am with you.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower The huge distraction here, I guess is that both sides have such passionate arguments,that it's easy to forget that wars are most often fought for profit when all is said and done.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Nope .. for once your correct its the poor dying ...

The rich bastards live far from where fighting goes on .. and thats worldwide ..

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
Like I mentioned in the other post, money has a lot if not all to do with it originally.
But truthfully the title of the thread is misleading.
If we compare the numbers of dead and the fact that at this moment there are many fresh Palestinian dead on the ground.
And the fact that there are no israeli bodies on the street, nor generally are there.
The best way to stop this is to make war unaffordable, simply cut all US aid to the M.E.

That would be difficult as there will always be supply and demand and to make profits, one corporation will simply undercut the next.

If we look at North American history however, not the US or Canada, but rather the North American Indians, they had a solution to this problem. Greed, pride, hoarding and avarice, especially in excess, indicating psychopathic and sociopathic tendancies were treated as the mental diseases which they actually are. An attempt to rehabilitate the offending member would be attempted first by way of elders and the Shaman. Failing rehabilitation, the member would be banished from the tribe, even under protest. If the offending member came back and continued to create havoc with the tribe, they would be killed. Three strikes, you're out. It seems to be an adequate solution for the banking elite, political class and corporations raping both land and people ;-)

Maybe we have lost sight of the simple rule that when you work together, you gain more from your relationships, than you do holding a piece of "precious" metal acquired by stepping on the backs of everyone around you (not meaning you g146541 as you make a good point, but rather the criminals operating in our fiat ponzi scam and of course our politicians).

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/8.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
There is always a conflict somewhere in the world at all times because someone benefits from it.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

When you have winners and losers in war it's the losers that pay with life and limb, and the winners write the history of what happened. When you figure out how to fix this millenia death and destruction there will be a special place for you at the right side of somebodys God. If there is anything that is more evident today is governments ability to lay waste to populations. What a society we would have if the money spent on creating death was spent on life.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Rich man's war?
Wars are waged by the powerful, fought by the powerless.

Ultimately, it is the majority who has the power. Humans don't know this yet, everyone refuses to join forces.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The real question people need to ask themselves is "do we think it would all be ok if the Rich were being slaughtered?"!!!

& personally I have to say no, human is human, and your bank account & wallet size is not to be judged, nor is character, but that's generally how I would debate a persons humanity!!!

However, it is still a damn shame some of the Rich aren't alongside their fellow man...
Or is it???
Maybe the Rich overstand that war is not the solution, just an option...

Peace everybody!!!
edit on 9-7-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

top topics

join