It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best camp sites in Northern ,CA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Greetings my fellow ATS colleagues .

I am planning a camping trip soon , however I recently found out that the camp site i used to go to has now started to charge and requires a burn permit and the swimming hole is rather dry because of the CA drout. Sad really....

So my qestion is , do any of you fellow members know of any good camping spots in northern CA , where their is great fishing , swimming, and open for shooting ?

I have been a native of CA pritty much my whole life and i grew up camping in the same area.
Sadly I have watched it change over the years ..

Now it seems I won't be returning to this spot .

Anyway thanks in advance !

Humbly

LSH

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Bohemian Grove. Just pretend you're a prostitute and they'll pay you for your stay.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Here is a good resource for your search:
www.thesamba.com...

"The shooting part" makes it real difficult...I would leave your guns home this trip will open the possibilities a lot.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

If you are far enough North you might consider going on into Oregon the area near Diamond Lake, I don't know about shooting I have never seen anyone shoot when we camp anywhere. The last time we went to Diamond Lake there was way too many mosquitos but that has been a long time ago maybe they took care of that.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Bohemian Grove. Just pretend you're a prostitute and they'll pay you for your stay.

Funny you say that , I have a story about bohemian grove ..

I'll have to save it for a thread ..

I was invited their once , just because I was in the right place at the right time

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

Here is a good resource for your search:
www.thesamba.com...

"The shooting part" makes it real difficult...I would leave your guns home this trip will open the possibilities a lot.

Thanks for the info!

However , I never leave home without my guns :/

Maybe I can make a sacrifice ..

Thanks again

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

If you are far enough North you might consider going on into Oregon the area near Diamond Lake, I don't know about shooting I have never seen anyone shoot when we camp anywhere. The last time we went to Diamond Lake there was way too many mosquitos but that has been a long time ago maybe they took care of that.

Wonderful ! Thanks for the info!

I think mt goal this year is to head east maybe north east from sacramento.

But ill keep your info in mind !

Ty again

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
hey there lightning,
i live in NORCAL and i have to say go up to Plumas national forest and hit up the lakes basin region. it has tons of free 4 wheel and regular car camping. the water is drinking clear. the views are INSANE.
check out the gold lake area. little gold lake is my favorite camp spot.
also check out sawmill lake in tahoe national forest. amazing lakes with gorgeous campsites!
enjoy.
-b

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
One of the best places in California that i have ever had the pleasure of camping/living was a tiny place called Bridgeport, California. There are a couple of beautiful lakes there called Twin Lakes, that i, along with my nephew, have seen rainbow trout at least 30 inches in length. The Walker River nearby is home to some of the largest Brown Trout ever caught in the state. (There is a freezer in front of the sporting goods store stuffed with fish so that you can see for yourself what the nearby waters have to offer)

Just outside of town, there is some hot springs nearby where the locals have built up some pools whereby the locals and tourists alike can enjoy themselves after a hard day fishing/camping/hiking.

There is gas, groceries, restaurants, and hotels available, but be warned that prices there are quite high, as the place is basicly in the middle of no where.

Bridgeport, CA is located 25 miles north of Lee Vining on HWY 395

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

So my qestion is , do any of you fellow members know of any good camping spots in northern CA , where their is great fishing , swimming, and open for shooting ?

You can find this in any national/forest service land- Well, the fishing won't be for free, but the camping would be and as long as you aren't within certain distance of or shooting over a road. Chalk up a vote for Shasta area though... My question is, did you really think anyone would give up their great fishing spots?

edit on 8-7-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Gualala has a great campsite, with a trail that's a short mile (some uphill) to a secluded beach area. My grandpa used to dive for abalone with a crowbar, and we'd mash em with mallets before cooking. I was there just last summer.
I have no idea about shooting. a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Edit to add: Not really "Northern", more like the southern end of northern California.
edit on 9-7-2014 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadySkadi

You can find this in any national/forest service land- Well, the fishing won't be for free, but the camping would be and as long as you aren't within certain distance of or shooting over a road. Chalk up a vote for Shasta area though... My question is, did you really think anyone would give up their great fishing spots?

I didnt exspect anyone to give up their fishing spot lol
Heck i wouldnt .

Hehe

Thanks for the reply!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Check out Tahoe or Redwood. Enjoy!

top topics

join