It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurse: VA Medical Staff Stole Morphine From Dying Patients !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
With all the abuse with the VA coming out, but this really pisses me off! And it took them a Year to find out!

Vials of morphine were systemically stolen from a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center and replaced with water and saline so that dying veterans got the wrong treatments, a longtime VA nurse told The Daily Caller.

“A nurse taking care of hospice patients over the past year had been diverting vials of morphine,” said Valerie Riviello, a 28-year veteran nurse at the Albany Stratton VA Medical Center in Albany, New York. “Those patients that were dying in hospice were not getting their intended pain medication.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Dope fiends. At a certain point all that matters is the next fix.

It is very hard to break an addiction cycle, so don't start.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Yep! But to die in such pain that you need morphine.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
My God... Had that been my loved one that had to die like that, I am not sure if the sun would set on another day without me going to jail for a really long time.

That's pretty sick and disgusting. The punishment for this should go well beyond what one would get for stealing pain medication. Too bad nobody is left alive to collect on the pain and suffering.

I don't even... Geez.
edit on 7/8/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Never trust a junkie. They will f#ck you over every time if they don't die or get arrested first. I know this from experience.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
My God... Had that been my loved one that had to die like that, I am not sure if the sun would set on another day without me going to jail for a really long time.

That's pretty sick and disgusting. The punishment for this should go well beyond what one would get for stealing pain medication. Too bad nobody is left alive to collect on the pain and suffering.

I don't even... Geez.

In medieval Scotland, the punishment for something like that would be to have every bone in your body broken and crushed by being placed under an old mill wheel. Another punishment would be to be hung, drawn and quartered.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I can bet this doesn't only happen in the VA hospitals! There have been other cases of nurses who are addicted to pain killers pocketing pills that are supposed to be given to their patients. Drug addiction makes you do things that most moral conscious people wouldn't think of doing.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Dope fiends. At a certain point all that matters is the next fix.

It is very hard to break an addiction cycle, so don't start.

When you're dying in agony and that is the thing that takes away enough of the pain, this is not even drug addiciton and its the seeds of the earth, we were all given medicines without middle men, GOD's PLAN, not the greedy demons.

You can't even imagine what you just said even, no understanding at all.

Now, one of the basics in heavy narcotics used for hospice or pain, or even surgery. If it meets the pain but no real euphoria, there is NO ADDICTION POTENTIAL. That's basic care aid training! Took that course! I get T3's after surgery and take 1, then the second only if needed in a while and always had meds left over, because it more than meets the pain and I am cautious. But for those few days in pain, NAH!

And that is nothing like cancer!
edit on 8-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Hey chief. I believe he was referring to the thieves not the patients with that statement....

And he is right. Those dope fiends allowed the patients to suffer due to their addiction. I am sure they did it with no remorse either because to an addict nothing is sacrosanct when it comes to a fix. That's damn cruel..

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

sorry about the delay…

Some people need morphine (heroin, Opium) just to deaden the emotional pain and anguish they feel. Imagine that…

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

When you're dying in agony and that is the thing that takes away enough of the pain, this is not even drug addiction and its the seeds of the earth, we were all given medicines without middle men, GOD's PLAN, not the greedy demons.

Sorry for the delay…

I totally agree with that. Thats why the plant was given.

new topics

top topics

join