It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many large jet flights are there in a year??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: kosmicjack
It seems to me that run-of-the-mill contrails from that many flights, particularly over regions with major airport hubs, like say Atlanta or Dallas or LA, would have some impact on cloud cover as the many contrails spread out over time and turn the blue sky overcast. That overcast has a ripple effect on surrounding areas, similar to heat islands from the vast concrete of cities.

The term is controlling the weather.

Actually, the term is 'Geoengineering'.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: Psynic
Where are all these people going, indeed?
To an all inclusive resort somewhere to be separated from their dolleros.

Right.
On the other hand all the people that travel for business on a daily or weekly basis what should they do?
Nothing about your mode of travel is anymore valid then anyone that flies.

What gives people the right to fly whenever or wherever they wish?

I don't care if it's "for business", the accumulation of wealth is not a valid excuse to squander resources and harm the environment.

Why should the 3% of the worlds population that flies annually dictate to the 97% who don't?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I don't care if it's "for business", the accumulation of wealth is not a valid excuse to squander resources and harm the environment.

Why should the 3% of the worlds population that flies annually dictate to the 97% who don't?

Choice... if you don't want to fly then don't.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

the law of the land that allows business to occur, including airlines.

something about liberty, not being dictated to by a majority, peaceful commerce, human rights, blah blah blah.....

If you are concerned about the harm to the environment from aviation you should probably start a thread in "Fragile Earth"

edit on 7-7-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: crappy tying and quote tags

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

No - controlling the weather is weather control

Geo-engineering is

ge·o·en·gi·neer
[jee-oh-en-juh-neer] Show IPA

verb (used without object), verb (used with object)
to make a large-scale effort to modify (the earth or its environment), especially to counteract global warming: Pulling carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere is one way to geoengineer the planet.
- dic.com

no wonder you seem so angry - you don't actually understand what you are talking about - it must be very frustrating!!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

No - controlling the weather is weather control

Geo-engineering is

ge·o·en·gi·neer
[jee-oh-en-juh-neer] Show IPA

verb (used without object), verb (used with object)
to make a large-scale effort to modify (the earth or its environment), especially to counteract global warming: Pulling carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere is one way to geoengineer the planet.
- dic.com

no wonder you seem so angry - you don't actually understand what you are talking about - it must be very frustrating!!

I didn't use the word "Geoengineer".

Couldn't you find 'Geoengineering in your dicktionary?

LOL

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic
You don't understand that geoengineers do geoengineering??

It's worse than I thought!!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Couldn't you find 'Geoengineering in your dicktionary?

LOL

If anyone was to have that book, I'd bet it's you. Hell, you may have wrote it.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

If you need ask, I'm sure I could never explain it to you.

Yeah, I think you should explain to me how someone who may live in a landlocked state just hops on their sailboat like you do and has their morally superior vacation.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If you need ask, I'm sure I could never explain it to you.

Yeah, I think you should explain to me how someone who may live in a landlocked state just hops on their sailboat like you do and has their morally superior vacation.

Your words, not mine.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The same thing that gives you the right to uses natural resources in order to post that post on that computer -- a computer that was manufactured using other natural resources.

I certainly hope you don't us a telephone. Do you ever use a combustion engine to go places (automobile, bus, train, etc.)? It takes a lot of resources to produce and operate those things.

edit on 7/8/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Your words, not mine.

And yours:

There's a kind of mental disconnect that happens, somehow allowing an otherwise conscientious human being to 'reward' themselves once or twice a year by torching a drum of kerosene.

So tell me Captain Stuebing, how does someone who lives and a landlocked area take out their sailboat for vacation, avoid having a mental disconnect and become a more conscientious human being like you?

edit on 8-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because his mug got filled with chemtrail residue

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

The same thing that gives you the right to uses natural resources in order to post that post on that computer -- a computer that was manufactured using other natural resources.

I certainly hope you don't us a telephone. Do you ever use a combustion engine to go places (automobile, bus, train, etc.)? It takes a lot of resources to produce and operate those things.

One has a choice whether to entertain oneself by burning fossil fuels or not.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Stop being disingenuous. You also said people should not fly for business:

So, let me see, next time I need to go to Pittsburgh on business I can take the Good Ship Lolipop down the Intracoastal Waterway, around the Gulf of Mexico, up the Mississippi to the Ohio and viola, I am there.

Sounds like a reaaaally productive mode of transportation.

While we are at it I suggest we start using horsies to deliver the mail again.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

It sounds as if you are saying it is OK to burn fossil fuels for personal pleasure, but it is not OK to do so as a contributing member of a society that requires people to provide services that allow that society to function properly (i.e., to do work/business).

There are other people and other services who are counting on me to do my job, and sometimes that job requires me to travel. One of the most fuel efficient means of long travel (per passenger) is by air. I suppose I could ride a horse, but a 1000 mile trip by horse is not feasible.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I suppose I could ride a horse, but a 1000 mile trip by horse is not feasible.

No worries. I can just have you hop in my Conestoga while I creak past your abode.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I suppose I could ride a horse, but a 1000 mile trip by horse is not feasible.

No worries. I can just have you hop in my Conestoga while I creak past your abode.

If you live in West Orange, NJ (as your information under your avatar says you do) just creak west along the old trail marked "Interstate 80", and I'll meet you somewhere along there in Pennsylvania.

...Come to think of it, some people who have traveled Pennsylvania's highways might compare the road conditions to the old wagon trails.

edit on 7/8/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

...Come to think of it, some people that have traveled Pennsylvania's highways might compare the road conditions to the old wagon trails.

Hence the reason I do not drive to Pittsburgh.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

If you are concerned about the harm to the environment from aviation you should probably start a thread in "Fragile Earth"

that was one of the most banal passive aggressive statements i've ever heard read!?

i'll bet you're a blogger too, eh?

the guy you're ripping on might not see the inconsistency you're all in a feeding frenzy over
but if i had to choose one of you on the life raft, it'd be him..
the other six spaces are for my handbag

..you guys are almost a clique

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

The chemtrail believers are the clique. What else can you call a small band of people who deliberately eschew all known and proven scientific facts that get in the way, just so that they can continue with their baseless fantasy without having to worry about reality?

It's not unlike a role playing game akin to Dungeons and Dragons when you observe it for any length of time, except less fact based.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join