It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus taught that you reap what you sow, when you forgive you are forgiven, and when you give you wi

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
a reply to: Akragon

Why because most Christians have a hard time telling the old from the new?

lol well no, pretty much anyone Christian or otherwise knows the OT from the NT...

Christians can't distinguish between the Father, and what is represented in the OT which is not the Father

A great thread and here you come throwing your lies and vomit around hoping to get it closed down - why can't you stay on topic?

I guess it is time to log off before I get banned. There is no use in discussing anything religion related to you or 3NL1GHT3N3D1.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Very good, except that it doesn't actually work in the real world. As another member has pointed out.

These aren't truths but ideals.

'You should reap what you sow.' Quite agree.

'When you give you will be given.'

Do we see this happening? Mm...no.

'The meek shall inherit the earth!'

Oh yeah? Tell me about that.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Paul is right. If you declear that Jesus is Lord WITH YOUR HEART (not just saying 'lord, lord') then you will be saved because under Jesus's Lordship (rulership / student-master relationship) you will be able to learn a lot from him , that will keep you from sowing thorns but instead will help you sow grapes to reap grapes (metaphorically speaking). Paul handed them over to satan. That is tough love. Soimetimes it's best to let people learn from their mistakes. This is what he means when he says he handed them over to satan so they can learn not to blaspheme. Remember, satan means 'adversary' and in the story of Job , satan is used to test Job to see how strong he will be. Paul didn't say to stay away from sinners in 1 Corinthians 5. Paul said that if someone is trying to deceive you by claiming to be a brother or sister but are not actually are and you will see by their actions. He is not talking about true brothers and sisters who make mistakes, or sinners who need help, but fake people out to deceive.

Jesus said in Matthew 23:8 that we have one rabbi/teacher and that is The Christ, Jesus comes first since he spoke the clearest, then everyone else, but that doesn't mean that Paul is evil, it just means that Paul is a human and made mistakes.

I'm not sure why some people hate Paul so much calling him a con artist and I've heard worse. Why put other people down just because they make mistakes? Paul said Love is the most important thing in 1 Corinthians 13. Out of Faith, Hope, and Love, Love is most important. Paul was aware of The Truth and he tried the best to preach The Truth while being a human who makes mistakes. It is not nice to put other people down.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Great op!
Seems that paul can not catch a break from the wicked that never forgives. To all who bitch about the "god of the old testament" and paul i have to ask you if you really read the op ??? If you did then read it again and take it to heart. It is not rocket science to get to my point that even those of you that view some as servents of satan should know that the door they will use to come for your soul is held open by your views and cherry picking of the word. You have been warned now there are no excuses for the reeper man. Just accept that some things will always be beyond the understanding of many and it will take faith to close that door before the man comes around. I love you all

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Great op!
Seems that paul can not catch a break from the wicked that never forgives. To all who bitch about the "god of the old testament" and paul i have to ask you if you really read the op ???

I'm not even sure why they mentioned Paul or The Old Testament. I mentioned verses from Matthew and Luke which would be the words of Jesus Christ, not Paul. It seems like some people's hearts were looking for something to fight against.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: bitsforbytes

Why because most Christians have a hard time telling the old from the new?

lol well no, pretty much anyone Christian or otherwise knows the OT from the NT...

Christians can't distinguish between the Father, and what is represented in the OT which is not the Father

A great thread and here you come throwing your lies and vomit around hoping to get it closed down - why can't you stay on topic?

I guess it is time to log off before I get banned. There is no use in discussing anything religion related to you or 3NL1GHT3N3D1.

Why would I want it shut down? That's just silly...

Plus the OP has a great message... I just asked an honest question which simply can't be answered...

Sorry you can't deal with the truth of the matter, but that's your issue not mine...

a reply to: arpgme

Well again, your OP was great no issue with it at all...

The reason I brought up my issue is that "forgiveness" is also taught in the OT... Yet the OT God does not actually play by his own rules...

Similar to the fact that love is taught in the OT... Yet this so called "god" does not show any example of this amazing love he has for the very people he supposedly created...

its not something that's just going to go away...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon You did not pose a question that can not be answered. You just do not accept the answers. One answer is that they are the same GOD and the book of revelation shows us that he has not changed his policies. However you will have too come up with an excuse too why you can not accept revelations as being word of GOD in order to keep your question in play. It just goes on and on. The world is filled with punishment and rewards but i suspect that you will not view the punishments as the work of GOD either.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

And another answer is that they are not the same God, and the OT was written by men and not inspired by any God...

And yet another answer is that the OT God was actually a false God posing as the true God...

Theres easy ways to understand the differences but Christianity can't accept that their book is anything less then perfect, so they go through this elaborate dance to attempt to reconcile something that can't be...

As far as revelation is concerned... it would be easier to accept it IF John said these are my words, but he said they're straight from Jesus which they're clearly not... even the early church rejected the book... so I see no reason to give said book any credibility...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

What do you mean a representation of the Father in the OT that is not the Father?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Jesus would have never willingly handed someone over to Satan. Remember 1 John 2:6? It says those that claim to be in him must live as Jesus did, Paul handing people over to Satan willingly is not living as Jesus did.

Jesus warns of people like Paul, wolves in sheep's clothing who claim to speak for him. He also warns us not to trust the teachings of Pharisees (Matthew 16:12), Paul claimed to be a Pharisee and son of Pharisees (Acts 23:6) and even calls the Pharisees he's speaking to "brothers", all after his supposed conversion. Also, doesn't that kind of point toward Paul telling us not to associate with fake "brothers and sisters" in some way?

Paul cannot be trusted, he fits the bill of Jesus' warning too well. Just because someone teaches you to love others does not mean they are the real deal, even Muhammad taught people to love others, that doesn't mean everything else he said can be trusted though.

Paul is the antichrist in my opinion. He's the "adversary" (he helped to persecute Christians while a Pharisee) claiming to represent Jesus but telling lies in his name.
edit on 7/8/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Jesus would have never willingly handed someone over to Satan. Remember 1 John 2:6? It says those that claim to be in him must live as Jesus did, Paul handing people over to Satan willingly is not living as Jesus did.

Paul didn't like the blasphemy against God and said that he'll just let satan get them so that they can learn their lesson. If God is allowing someone to fall out of his grace and be haunted by demons because of their blasphemy and ungratefulness towards him, why should Paul be considered bad for this? God (and Paul) want them to learn to be respectable and to appreciate The Protection and Love of God rather than blaspheming him, so it is tough love.

Jesus warns of people like Paul, wolves in sheep's clothing who claim to speak for him. He also warns us not to trust the teachings of Pharisees (Matthew 16:12), Paul claimed to be a Pharisee and son of Pharisees (Acts 23:6) and even calls the Pharisees he's speaking to "brothers", all after his supposed conversion. Also, doesn't that kind of point toward Paul telling us not to associate with fake "brothers and sisters" in some way?

Yes, Jesus warned. It doesn't mean 'all' are false. Yes, Paul 'was' a Pharisee, it doesn't mean he didn't stop being one. Most likely, he called them brothers because he wanted them to feel the Unity of Christians, Christ, Moses, and Jews.

Paul cannot be trusted, he fits the bill of Jesus' warning too well. Just because someone teaches you to love others does not mean they are the real deal, even Muhammad taught people to love others, that doesn't mean everything else he said can be trusted though.

Maybe Paul did have a vision of Jesus and felt his love, but was still brainwashed by Pharisee' beliefs and did his best to break out of it and be more Loving. Why not consider that as a possibility since we already know that no human will be 100% perfect in Love. Everyone will sin (missing the mark of Love) at some point or another.

Paul is the antichrist in my opinion. He's the "adversary" (he helped to persecute Christians while a Pharisee) claiming to represent Jesus but telling lies in his name.

Did Paul preform miracles and scare people to receive his mark and worship him (Revelation 13:13/Revelation 13:16)? Did The Spirit of Jesus Christ rise through the hearts of man as a Light and is there eternal peace (2 Peter 1:19/Revelation 21)?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join