It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States of America is ruled by atheists.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Fact-there are only 450,000 churches in america. Almost all except the few mega churches have less than 200 people on sunday. Many of those with less than 100 attending. Many with less than 50. Even if they all had 200 coming to church every sunday, that's only 90 million people. The population of the United states is 317 million plus. We won, you lost. And this atheist nation has won alot of wars against religious countries so HAH. Every church would need to be able to hold 350 people just for there to be enough for half of Americans to attend.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mattsawaufo

you don't have to attend church to believe in God...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Congratulations. Maybe you could notify the author of this thread? Apparently they didn't get the memo.

So, what exactly are you getting at here? Would you like a gold star? A cookie? Some sort of formal congratulatory note? It's been pretty obvious for about 20 years now that Christianity is on the decline, and atheism and hedonism are on the rise. Have fun with that.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Are you serious. I am an atheist leaning agnostic and I do not find your attitude in this post acceptable at all. You also have your facts wrong. Most Americans identify as Christian. Atheists are in the minority. Also most of our wars have been fought in the name of Christian values. Just because a person doesn't attend church doesn't mean they don't have faith and belief.

I am not one to normally stick up for Christians, but I find this post to be in bad taste. You can not judge the numbers of believers based on the number that attend church. Some feel that church hinders their relationship with God, others are unable to attend church due to disabilities or for other reasons.

Christians and those of other faiths, please do not judge those of us who do not believe based on the childishness of one person.

edit on 7-7-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Akragon and Calstorm are both right in the fact that many of us who fall under the umbrella of Christianity do not attend church. Myself and many others I know don't hold truck with organized religion, or with attending services where all they preach is tithing.

I also am not sure why this has to be a Naanaa BooBoo stick your head in DooDoo type thing. I wasn't aware that we were in a race to outnumber or prevent the outnumbering of one belief over another.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Proud Subgenius here. I have no problem with anyone else's delusion as long as it doesn't affect me in a physically negative way.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Theres no room for skunkapes in heaven...

So why don't you just join the rest of us down in hell...

Beers are on me...

(yes... im bored and this topic is going no where)
edit on 7-7-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: mattsawaufo
We won, you lost.

It's not game over yet...

You might just change that tune AFTER the fat lady does her thing.

edit on 7-7-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: skunkape23

Theres no room for skunkapes in heaven...

So why don't you just join the rest of us down in hell...

Beers are on me...

(yes... im bored and this topic is going no where)

Race you there.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

We won, you lost.

Meatloaf has really let himself go. This actually sounds interesting if you play it over some Stravinsky.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

The constitution separates church and state. When making laws, the lawmakers are legally obligated to base their laws on secular logic only. They cannot use the Bible to justify laws.

I'm sure that a lot of opinions are swayed by religion and culture (on both sides, now that I think about it).

But remember, there are some countries where scripture is enough reason to make a law. That is where injustice happens. In those countries, secular things like science and freedom, sometimes human rights, don't apply.
edit on 07amMon, 07 Jul 2014 05:22:09 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: Murgatroid

We won, you lost.

Meatloaf has really let himself go. This actually sounds interesting if you play it over some Stravinsky.

If you play this in reverse its a chant "Jenny Craig, Jenny Craig, Jenny Craig"...
edit on 7-7-2014 by MarlinGrace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
probably not even the evildoers who rule the country are really atheists.

they are just different group of theists.

we could however argue that many of them behave like there is no God.

they say ruling class is a product of the society, the people.

that would have to mean that you are (in a way) right about your conclusion.

it seems like many if not most people are living for the day - life, hoping there is no judgement in the afterlife.

yeah, that still doesn't make them atheists, just a sinful theists.

ha?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

With eighty three percent of US citizens identifying as Christian, I think your premise might be based on an erroneous assumption. Church numbers have nothing to do with belief. There are unbelievers in Church congregations, people who merely go through the motions, present a kindly and laudable face to the world, while harbouring no love for God or Jesus.

The BTK killer is an example of such a person, although it is by no means the case that everyone who does such a thing is perverted and dangerous to that same extreme. There are even people who frequent Churches because it is a social and cultural convention to do so, because comparing cardigans on a Sunday equates in their culture to some sort of method of establishing a hierarchy.

Faith however, requires no steeple, no roof, no gold trim, no velvet curtain, no walls and no land, no physical substance to sustain it. There are many people who are now coming to that conclusion in the face of corruption and heresy.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Wrong.... America is ruled by satanists! Na i´m not joking. Just look at bohemian grove and the owl on the dollar bill.

+ saying that people don´t believe in the creator because they don´t go to church is the stupidest thing i have heard this year. And i heard some stupid things...
i don´t want nothing to do with religion but my relationship with the creator is a strong one. how´d ya like that

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

here is the list of the largest prtestant " mega churches " in the US - and to that the catholic centres which broadly conform to the definition of a mega church [ 3000 catholic PWs with 2000+ congregation ]

your dismissal of " a few mega churges looks rather silly doesn't it

edit on 7-7-2014 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I don't think the op is for real.........I'm gonna claim Poe's law

2/10

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I think more people are waking up to the hypocrisy of man-made religion. Just because there are less people attending church doesn't mean those who don't attend are atheists. In fact, I would bet that there are more good people who lead a proper and moral life who don't attend church rather than those who do.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Hello, I'm an American.

Have you ever heard of a thing called the Constitution of the United States of America?

Do you have time to talk about America's Constitution in particular the Bill of Rights?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I dont think the US is ruled by atheists or Christians, just a bunch of greedy businessmen.
What they believe in is anybody's guess, but I sure think they believe in something that serves them.

Anyway, I thought Obama was a Muslim, never mind all the occultism associated with the currency, the capital and media.

Atheist, not likely, Christian, definitely not.
Many call themselves Christian but they are not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join