It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christian right seeks cultural and political domination

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Stark, raving mad? I hope you are right.
I don't think so, though.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

They are trying to pull off FORCING their religion down everyone else's throat.

Perhaps you are unaware of the SC decision that Corporations can give as much money as they want to political figures' campaigns? Because, you know - corporations are "people."

Where is the "Religion" part ?

I would be more afraid of the "people" in the "non-person" government.

Especially the current "non-person" government corporations who are throwing the first stones.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If you work for a publically held company like McD's or WalMart ... you have nothing to worry about.

!!

Yeah, because if you work for them, the TAXPAYERS will provide you with food stamps, housing assistance, etc. Meanwhile, they DON'T PAY a LIVING WAGE.

They are not a privately held business which is then considered the private property of the family who owns it.

Nono. You are right, they are not. They survive to serve the "shareholders" - and milk the rest of us as we make up for their FAILURE to pay a living wage ---

Oh, but - wow! Their stock market value is soaring!!

Do you honestly not realize that MOST WORKING PEOPLE can't afford to 'invest in the stock market"?

Yet, you are fine with them (McD and Walmart) paying only the federal minimum wage to their employees, which is NOT ENOUGH to sustain a household, and the taxpayers (which includes YOU and I) pull up the slack.

It's ridiculous.

edit on 7/6/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: misnomer68

Well, in democracy, the majority (however much you may disagree with them) rules.

But that is NOT how the U.S. is currently operating.

The MONEY rules. Supreme Court: corporations are people. Lobbying (giving lots and lots of money to their favorite candidates/incumbents) = free speech.

Really?

NO. This is NOT a country that 'the majority rules.'

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I see anti-gay and birth control as your main points so is that it?

Nope!
That's not it.
You may hate on the messenger and his other writings all you want....
the MAIN POINT is that those people want to force everyone else (via government, business, media, arts & entertainment, religion, family, and EDUCATION) to go along with their beliefs.

It's not acceptable.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

how is he not a centerist?

seriously; you must get your definitions from right-wing-nut talk radio.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

There would be no gay bars, no Hooters, no headshops and no liquor stores open on Sunday. Stem cell research and abortion would both be forbidden. Church would be a mandatory part of public education, and if you weren't a self-professed Christian with a history of attending services, you wouldn't get to vote either.

So no, we're not a theocracy.

Well, I hope it stays that way.

They're working on making that happen, though, my friend.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think it could possibly be higher; I'm thinking there would be reduced costs due to basically getting rid of the bull# systems that handle claims currently, and replcaing them with something that is far simpler.

keep in mind that our current system is a clusterf*ck caused by a series of redundant bureaucracies(insurance companies, medicare, medicade, etc.) , some of which have been retrofitted over the past 30 years to an extent that the paperwork becomes nightmarish.

a tax increase would probably result, at least across a broader range of income levels, but this is tempered by the costs of private insurance going away, along with the costs of mainatining the redundant and inefficient corporate bureaucracies that run those organizations.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, and Obama's most important legislation - Obamacare - is fascist bill. Fascism is where the government controls the private businesses so tightly through regulation or other means that they might as well be government controlled. The means of "saving" the auto industry also saw government taking ownership stakes in two of the big three with union labor getting significant ownership stakes also. So, BUSINESS as tightly controlled by the state is a very big part of this administration. Are you contending that this administration is really a RIGHT WING THEOCRATIC one?

You're describing Statism (government controlled everything). Fascism is corporate or private elites controlling government which is exactly what we have. The government doesn't work for the people they work for their top campaign donors.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
the MAIN POINT is that those people want to force everyone else (via government, business, media, arts & entertainment, religion, family, and EDUCATION) to go along with their beliefs.
It's not acceptable.

Of course that would not be acceptable, do you have examples we could debate outside of gay/birth control issues? It seems, as example, prayer in school is demonized as "forcing religion in the class room" where it is only a moment of silent reflection or a silent prayer. I would love to understand some of these far right agendas without spin.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

Why wouldn't Christians fight politically to maintain their position in our society/culture against an adversary that is trying to at best marginalize them? Why would they want to put someone with views like your own in public office or a position of authority/power?

Because this is NOT, and never has been, a "Christian country." It was founded as a secular Republic, by Deists.
Religion has no business dictating other people's lives. And their "position" has been from the very beginning a "non-factor" in government. Now that is changing.
Because they throw money at it.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

So how is lobbying the Christian Right's fault? There are thousands of lobbyists, and groups that lobby for a voice in Congress, how are you pinning all that on the Christian Right?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: misnomer68

So how is lobbying the Christian Right's fault? There are thousands of lobbyists, and groups that lobby for a voice in Congress, how are you pinning all that on the Christian Right?

It really helps to read the entire thread. Buzz was referring to the SCOTUS decision in favor of Hobby Lobby. Not the lobbying of elected representatives.

But to add...it's the institution of lobbying that has turned this country into corporate fascism.
edit on 6-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Everything you write or you quote, I could take out Christian right and put in Leftists and it would apply just as much.

It's impossible for you to defend christianity. Religion is one huge failed experiment in human torture.

It's time for religion to just go away. If it doesn't one of two things will happen - religion will be destroyed or it will take over the world and control it like an evil leviathan.

I know which one of those options I'll choose, thanks. I think I know which one you will choose and it makes me sad that if it came to it we would be enemies.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
I think it could possibly be higher; I'm thinking there would be reduced costs due to basically getting rid of the bull# systems that handle claims currently, and replcaing them with something that is far simpler.

We need to get out from under the insurance umbrella. Few examples: I took my son to the emergency room to get his chin glued after smacking it swimming. After 6 hour wait, 45 minutes of paper work we saw the doctor for less than 5 mins, and that was 1200 dollar bill.

That same son got pink eye and it was the start of a 4 day holiday weekend, and all the clinics were closed. I was told I could take him to the emergency room to get a prescription, and I was like hell no...

Then I was told about a clinic ran by Nurse Practitioners with doctor on call and I took him there. They only took cash and after I paid my 20 bucks he was seen in 5 mins and we were on our way to the get his meds...

My other son spent 3 days in a private hospital room overseas due to food poisoning and I had a hard time getting reimburse for it all...I finally said, the hell with it, and paid the 280 dollars out of my pocket.

My friend wanted gastric bypass and the insurance co. would not pay for it since he was "too healthy" at the time. The cost out of pocket was 35k, so he went to a very good doctor in Mexico spend a week in a resort and the total cost including the airfare and resort stay was 7k out of pocket.

You see the problem is the inflated cost by insurance companies. No one can pay out of pocket, like they can in the rest of the world, and so we are all slaves to insurance, and now we are all slaves to a big overload called Obamacare. When one actually experiences medical outside of the insurance umbrella it is unbelievable of just how affordable healthcare should be. It should all be out of pocket with only catastrophic insurance needed. This is basically the bronze plan, but the vast numbers on it do not know that they will be paying the full insurance cost for 1000s before the plan actually kicks in.

If that cost was 20 bucks like that clinic we would all be good, but they will pay 500 plus every time they see a doctor until they hit their cap for the insurance to kick in.

edit on 6-7-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
We're an oligarchy, but the Dominionists are giving it a good run for the money, and in some cases the oligarchs and Dominionists are one and the same.

Christian Dominionists in the US Congress today

Religious Right and Dominionist Leaders Come Together (Again) for 'America for Jesus'

America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
No, we are supposed to have a Constitutional Representative Republic which is supposed to help safeguard the rights of the individual and minority.

Okay, so tell me how the government functions as such? Those elected still serve the will of the people, do they not? And largely, people think as a group, a whole, a community. The presidential and local elections are by majority, are they not?

I dare say that the US is not a representative republic, at least not in my lifetime.

edit on 0753137201407America/ChicagoSun, 06 Jul 2014 19:53:13 -050068 by misnomer68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Why does another person's religious beliefs make them your enemy?

That type of thinking is exactly why we are a dysfunctional society. Either you are with me, or you are against me.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

It appears that you are grossly to terminally uninformed about that which you pontificate most shrilly about.

The corporations are ran by the globalists/ Communists/ oligarchy railroading the whole planet down the chute to a hell on earth of utter tyranny . . . Communism married to monopolistic capitalism in the worst marriage in all history and all the multiverses . . . becoming as rapidly as they can make it . . . a one world government of utter leftist idiocies as well as an extremely Draconian one world religion literally worshiping a literal satan under pain of death for refusal to do so.

THAT'S what's on the rather near horizon.

And THAT'S what the major corporations are all dedicated to by their globalist bosses.

Perhaps you could learn something via their quotes here:

twoday.net...

www.crossroad.to...

www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

twga...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It's actually like this...

There is a very powerful, rich and influential subset of Christians-they aren't the majority of Christians but we'll get to that point and big problem later. They are in politics, elected officials, Judges, corporate leaders, business owners, etc. They want a Christian Nation with Christian laws and they won't abide any atheist, Muslim, homosexuality or anything else the bible tells them to hate. They push hard for this.

Now we get to the BIG problem. Christians, on the whole vote for these jerks and keep them in power, because any Christian must be a good Christian. They look the other way when these Right wing Christian Lunatics try to pass oppressive laws and say demeaning things. They pretend it was just a small character flaw and well any Christian must be a good Christian, right. You Christians never stand up to your own or denounce the lunacy and you keep voting for anyone that quotes the bible. Wake up! You are the ones turning this country into Theocracy!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join