It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christian right seeks cultural and political domination

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: olaru12 yea but you were in their house. not many organizations survive without money. On the other hand one should really take information from people who do tithe and see if it works for them by doing the 10% tithe. the main point jesus made was chairity.

Charity my ass!! That preacher that was asking me to tithe drove a Cadillac and sent his kids to private school.

As I said before, I'll give my 10% and more to reputable organizations....not churches!!

Like buz, I see a coming Christian corporate theocracy and the US voters are just stupid enough to embrace it.

Wrap any dumbass ideology up in the right advertising model and folks will gobble it up like a McD happy meal!
edit on 6-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

so true, to say that religion created charity is to misunderstand the nature of religion. let's look at the vatican for starters.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

we can generate more revenue than we are currently.

the wealthiest people in america exploit flaws in the tax system so they're not paying what they should be, the most successful companies in america recieve too many subsidies.

we can increase revenue enough to make a single-payer healthcare system work, we just need to make it work.

Obamacare is a corporatist policy I will grant you, but obama is hardly a leftist, he's a centerist at his left-most in terms of policy. his rhetoric is mostly just trying to transform his "lesser evil appeal" into something stronger.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12 You are so concerned with money then you should have been a preacher. As i said before it was your judgment that led you to believe that the church was not worthy of your money but did you ever ask for the perspective of those members that did give 10% to the church? No im sure you did not nor did you investagate into what charity work churches do all over the world. You assumed that it's all a scam because of a flashy car. Perhaps there is a return on that 10% that you in your judgment you are not aware of.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12 You are so concerned with money then you should have been a preacher. As i said before it was your judgment that led you to believe that the church was not worthy of your money but did you ever ask for the perspective of those members that did give 10% to the church? No im sure you did not nor did you investagate into what charity work churches do all over the world. You assumed that it's all a scam because of a flashy car. Perhaps there is a return on that 10% that you in your judgment you are not aware of.

To be perfectly honest amigo. It wasn't about the 10% that forged my opinion of organized religion; although it did enter into it. It's the spiritual arrogance, the holier than thou attitudes and hypocrisy I saw in church as a youngster that prompted me to take a different path.

And your judgement of me, certainly confirms that my decision was the right one.

At least for now I can still make personal decisions. In the future...I see fascism wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross as Sinclair Lewis said.
edit on 6-7-2014 by olaru12 because: O_o

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I'm sorry, I don't agree that the Christian Right is to blame for the self-serving corporate theocracy. The downward spiral began with the "me first" type of thinking nowadays, which incidentally contradicts even the basic tenets of Christianity. We have every fringe individual challenging government because they feel they have a special right to have laws changed to suit their needs. How is that not self-serving? Why does their individual need trump the wants of a whole state's population? You want democracy? Well, in democracy, the majority (however much you may disagree with them) rules.

We are on a downward spiral where every fringe element will eventually get their agenda put into law. You may think I'm fear-mongering, but where else can we go? Either laws get stricter, or they get more lax, they are never stagnant. Be careful what you wish for, as eventually the very thing that you believe to be against your moral code, will become acceptable by law.

As for Republicans and the bills they put into action, it is the politicians' duty to represent the wishes of his constituents. To do otherwise, is to be self-serving, the very quality we despise in our elected officials. If we really want to know the wishes of a state population, maybe we need to hold more referendum to find out what the common man wants. Unless you know personally the wishes of all the people in your state, I suggest you rethink that your views are the majority. My guess is they are not.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
we can increase revenue enough to make a single-payer healthcare system work, we just need to make it work.

I was a believer in the voucher system where competition takes place in healthcare. All we need to do is look at cosmetic surgery to see that healthcare doesn't need to be expensive as it is. Obamacare is a failed system because it still uses the system in place that charges 100 dollars for an aspirin. The only thing it did for me was increase my healthcare cost 200%, and it will force companies to downsize their employees to 30 hours per week and hire a few more. It is the whole got a job, under paid scenario that we see as the middle class shrinks even more.

As for the rich paying more taxes, sure, but taxing the top 300k people more only would generate 50 billion or so more per year.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

This is all a game. The right the left and the left out. Don't be fooled by this duality. I agree with ketsuko that you could easily replace right with left in your op.

Both sides are there to do nothing more than foment hate and division. When I find myself getting riled up by a sides arguments I need to chill and remember that it's all a game meant to steal your life.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

" We are a Corporate Theocracy now: The Christian right seeks cultural and political domination "

Looks like it's time to head for the hills !!!

What laws need to be changed to combat this outrage?

Religious Left politicians like Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden need to come to terms.

How would negotiations go with The Center for Progressive Christianity or The Christian Alliance For Progress ?

The Reverend Jesse Jackson should be consulted. And of course Reverend Wright and Reverend Al Sharpton too.

Big quagmire.

The rise of the religious left

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
"Jesus was a guy who was a peaceful, radical, nonviolent revolutionary, who hung around with lepers, hookers, and criminals, who never spoke English, was not an American citizen, a man who was anti-capitalism, anti-wealth, anti-public prayer, anti-death penalty but never once remotely anti-gay, didn’t mention abortion, didn’t mention premarital sex, a man who never justified torture, who never called the poor ‘lazy’, who never asked a leper for a co-pay, who never fought for tax cuts for the wealthiest Nazarenes, who was a long haired, brown skinned, homeless, middle eastern Jew? Of course, that’s only if you believe what’s actually IN the Bible.”
John Fugelsang

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Sigh.

What . . . a mishmash of balderdash and half-truths.

1. You evidently don't believe your own 7 mtns link in your OP! From that link:

[emphases & extra paragraphing added per BoX usual]

The 7 mountains initiative is not an initiative to establish dominion over all the earth or in governments. It is an initiative that seeks to love and serve all people on the earth. As followers of Christ, we believe we are called to love all people, regardless of faith, lifestyle or gender orientation. God loves all people.

He provides guidelines for living as found in the Holy Scriptures and we support those guidelines as a people called to love and obey His calling upon our lives. Jesus invites all people into this destiny, but not all will come. We are called to model what Christ taught when He prayed that what was in heaven would be manifested on earth through a people known for their love of one another and others. That means His love and grace would be extended to all people.

Johnny Enlow, Lance Wallnau and Os Hillman discuss "Is the 7 Mountain Strategy "Domionism?"

2. Sooooooooooo . . . where is there another group commited to "SERVING ALL PEOPLE?"

3. It's NOT Islam . . . unless you mean serving the guillotine.

4. It's NOT the globalists . . . unless you mean serving man . . . a la on the dinner plate . . .

5. It's NOT the 'super' so called 'rationalists,' atheists, et al . . . they are too busy in behalf of their own hedonism, willful rebellions and fierce independence to care THAT much about the masses. Besides, a good number of them are the globalists or agree with Jacques Cousteau that the we need to kill an extra 350,000/DAY and force the world's population down to 200-500 million by engineered plagues, a horrible WW III etc.

6. Yeah, there are some "Dominionists" who fantasize that God wants them to take political charge and bring the Millenial Reign of Christ in by their own efforts and political engineering. imho, they are WHOLESALE WRONG.

7. imho, ANY efforts in man's own strength; by man's own plans and man's own priorities and efforts toward such a goal will fail.

8. imho, ONLY CHRIST, HIS SPIRIT AND HIS HEAVENLY ANGELS CAN effect such an eventuality.

9. GIVEN THAT EVIDENTLY THE OP AND SO MANY OTHERS DO NOT BELIEVE THE NEW TESTAMENT . . . and many subscribe to the idiotic notion that Christ did not even exist . . . being afraid of THE LIVING CHRIST SETTING UP HIS KINGDOM would supposedly be akin to being afraid of Santa Claus setting up his kingdom--within THEIR construction on reality.

10. Before too many more months or years, the globalists will be rounding up and executing all the Christians they can find and lay their hands on . . . probably to the cheering of many on ATS, if their postings are any clue.

11. So where's the rational beef?

12. Either Christ is who He said He was/is . . . AND HE'S RUNNING THE SHOW--in which case NO ONE NOR NOTHING will stand in HIS way.

or

13. He was a lunatic and your fears and anxieties about the Christians--even the Dominionists ruling the world is unmitigated ignorance thoroughly out of touch with how far the globalists are toward succeeding in setting up their OVERT one world government and one world satan worshiping one world religion.

14. NOW, IF you want something realistic to worry about--that's worth some enormous concern.

edit on 6/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: typo

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, and Obama's most important legislation - Obamacare - is fascist bill. Fascism is where the government controls the private businesses so tightly through regulation or other means that they might as well be government controlled. The means of "saving" the auto industry also saw government taking ownership stakes in two of the big three with union labor getting significant ownership stakes also. So, BUSINESS as tightly controlled by the state is a very big part of this administration. Are you contending that this administration is really a RIGHT WING THEOCRATIC one?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! GUFFAWS TO THE MAX!

Absolutely indeed.

But I hope you weren't expecting this thread to be populated by a lot of rational posts from the other side!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: misnomer68

Except that we don't live in a democracy. This country was expressly fashioned NOT to be a democracy because in a democracy you experience tyranny of a different sort than absolute rule by one dictator. It's called the tyranny of the majority. The best saying to sum it up is that democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.

No, we are supposed to have a Constitutional Representative Republic which is supposed to help safeguard the rights of the individual and minority.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There ya go agin'

trying to confuse them with facts.

You should know by now, they are NOT INTERESTED IN FACTS.

They are only interested in their willfully blind biases and ramming those down Christian's throats.

Sigh.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

It IS STARK RAVING MAD IDIOTIC, IGNORANT AND OTHERWISE TERMINALLY CLUELESS

to think that ANY group of the "Christian right" . . . whatever that is . . .

are MORE tyrannical, authoritarian, constipated, dictatorial etc.

than the Regressives/ Communists/ Globalists/ et al.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

To be perfectly honest amigo. It wasn't about the 10% that forged my opinion of organized religion; although it did enter into it. It's the spiritual arrogance, the holier than thou attitudes and hypocrisy I saw in church as a youngster that prompted me to take a different path.

And your judgement of me, certainly confirms that my decision was the right one.

At least for now I can still make personal decisions. In the future...I see fascism wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross as Sinclair Lewis said.
You claim that i judged you and i see this as a word tactic used that does not make sense. I was judging your post according to your words just the same as anyone who reads does. You are a fool if you view any church by my words for i am not a member of any. It seems that you just keep trying to stoke the fires of hate that were givin to you for some reason you have not come to terms with. You can take this personal but it is nothing but conversation.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

The current Destroyer-in-Chief is a "centerist?"

When did they start piping Kool-Aid into the water system?

The O was born and reared a Communist . . . by the globalist machine who chose him early and conditioned and trained him for his current globalist stooge role.

He's about as fiercely left as can be without being quickly removed from public office by every patriotic American that got within sight of any influence over him whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: BlueMule

How pious do you think these movers and shakers are? I mean, do they pander to a lowest common denominator, or do they actually live by faith?

Faith in power, and the idea that their vision is correct.

www.sourcewatch.org...

Christians are just tools in their globalist game. The PNAC is more powerful now than ever but staying behind the curtain.

These guys have moved way beyond piety!!

I was going to make a thread on this exact subject except no one reads threads without some extreme view to bait people.

It's amazing all these so called Christians just twist their views to support the wealthy. They are all against birth control and abortions but are against helping poor children with things like food and health care.

The left is guilty of this too - feminism was just a tool to increase the workforce - no focus on family leave or having society raise the status of caretakers.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
are against helping poor children with things like food and health care.

I beg to differ, I would say that Christianity as a whole is be biggest charity in the world....

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

So what is it that they are trying to pull off, I kind of missed that point.

They are trying to pull off FORCING their religion down everyone else's throat.

Perhaps you are unaware of the SC decision that Corporations can give as much money as they want to political figures' campaigns? Because, you know - corporations are "people."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join