It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthony Cumia of Opie and Anthony Fired for Racist Tweets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Anthony Cumia was fired by SiriusXM over tweets he made Wednesday following an altercation with a woman in Times Square. He deleted the tweets sometime between being fired yesterday and this morning but here's a few (dashes added to avoid ToS violation):

RT @tikiruss: @AnthonyCumia WTF? For no reason?
-Reason!?? I WAS WHITE!!!

Savage violent animal #s prey on white people. Easy targets. This # has no clue how lucky she was. She belted me 10 times. I had a gun.

She’s lucky I was a white legal gun owner or she’d be dead. Then 5 blacks started giving me #!

It’s really open season on white people in this day and age

No recourse. Fight back and you’re a racist. The predators know this. Good luck

That's part of his tirade. Apparently he photographed a woman who didn't want to be part of his show. Words were exchanged, it's not clear what was said other than at some point during the altercation he alleges she called him a "white motherf--ker." If it's true that she struck him, she should be charged with assault — but it's a separate issue from his public rant and subsequent firing.

Having heard parts of the show previously and being aware of the many issues the show has had in the past, my opinion is it's unlikely she just walked up and starting beating on him. Also, as evidenced by his own words, he's got some serious impulse control issues of his own and not much going for him in terms of civility.

Good job blowing a $3 million dollar contract and good riddance.

Here's some sources for continued reading:

NY Daily News - Anthony Cumia, co-host of Opie and Anthony, deletes racist Twitter tirade that got him fired

NY Daily News - Anthony Cumia, host of Opie and Anthony, unleashes racist Twitter tirade after alleged assault by woman in Times Square

Gawker - SiriusXM Fired Anthony Cumia Last Night

Gawker - Anthony Cumia Has a Long History of Public Awfulness
edit on 2014-7-5 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Jul 5 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: edited much of the unsourced material for profanity......IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Sat Jul 5 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: SOURCE NEEDED, EX TAGS ADDED

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Oh hell, he will apologize in a few months, and get a job with someone else.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Good another dumbass that Darwinned himself out of the public.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What's the big deal? He just had the guts to say what a lot of ATS members are thinking. They probably would express themselves in like manner if they weren't afraid of being banned. I see a huge increase in racism not less as the boards continue to tilt to the right.
edit on 5-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Im having a premonition. Yes, i see some numbers. Does 404 mean anything to you?

Not sure if Eggshells or calcium dust.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Dude didint deserve to be on the radio anyway, i streamed a few of there shows because they do get great guest, but man opie and anthony are terrible.
edit on 5-7-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

He just sounds crass, sexist, and whiny; not really racist.

In fact, he seems to be speaking about being a victim of racism.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have no idea who this guy is so I guess I wont be missing him, but anyone in today's PC climate should know better than to say that kind of thing on radio. Clearly he is an idiot.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I don't see anything racist. I see him claiming he is a victim and if you talk back and don't accept being abused by black people you get labelled a racist .. which he was. So I guess he was right?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
You need to know who Don West is & a Mark McGuire Rookie Card....classic stuff you had to be drunk in the 90's & watch Home Shopping Network. Good times

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
I don't see anything racist. I see him claiming he is a victim and if you talk back and don't accept being abused by black people you get labelled a racist .. which he was. So I guess he was right?

That's probably because you didn't read the tweets. You can view quite a few of them here.

Word of caution to anyone offended by strong language. Here's practically the only one where he doesn't drop a c-bomb (he's also apparently quite a misogynist):

"They're aren't people."

Also referring to black folks as a group as "animals," "savages," etc and going on about how black people are inherently violent and prey on white people and how she's lucky he's a white gun owner or she'd have been shot and so on.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

That's probably because you didn't read the tweets. You can view quite a few of them here.

Word of caution to anyone offended by strong language. Here's practically the only one where he doesn't drop a c-bomb (he's also apparently quite a misogynist):

"They're aren't people."

Also referring to black folks as a group as "animals," "savages," etc and going on about how black people are inherently violent and prey on white people and how she's lucky he's a white gun owner or she'd have been shot and so on.

Everything you wrote is a complete mischaracterization. He stated she immediately attacked him. He called HER a # and an animal bitch and a savage .. not all black people. Nothing you said is true. He did not say all black people are inherently violent, you made that up.

Cumia proceeded to angrily rant on Twitter throughout the night and on into Wednesday morning, posting photos of the woman that he took during the altercation, calling her an "animal bitch," a "c—," a "savage" and saying that he hopes she gets shot.

"The switch to violence is immediate. No discussion, just violence. When will THAT be addressed? Oh, right, never. Slavery did it? Oh, ok," he wrote.
- See more at: www.hollywoodreporter.com...

He is saying if a black person assaults you and you call THEM a savage .. you are racist. Even though she called him a white motherf****r and he never mentioned race at all to her.

He also claimed that it was "open season on white people … no recourse at all. Fight back and you're a racist."

Cumia later lashed out at media outlets who called his tweets "racist," saying that the woman called him a "white motherf—er." He wrote, in part, "I was assaulted and used 'mean' words on twitter and I'M the bad guy in all this?? Lol!" and "The 1st words out of her dumb ass mouth after punching me in the head were 'white motherf—er' but I'm the racist here? Bizarro land!"
- See more at: www.hollywoodreporter.com...

Nothing there is racist. Maybe you can find the tweet that says all black people are inherently evil and all black people are savage animals .. as you claimed.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Oh hell, he will apologize in a few months, and get a job with someone else.

No he won't and he has no need as he has his own studio in his house. Where he runs Live from the compound show on Ustream.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Another victim of political correctness. Sad.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Well what should he have said about the assault that took place?

Would you have rather seen him say there was a nice lady that assaulted him and it was okay?

And you do understand that this is not going to go well for Sirius/XM as many have already cancelled subscriptions and sold whatever stock they have in the company.

You also need to remember this was done not on the air but from his home on twitter and he never laid a racial slur anywhere in his rants. I know because I read all of them and there was nothing racists in there.

Just wondering but do you actually listen to them, because what he said in his tweets are nothing that he hasn't said on air many times before and Sirius/XM didn't seem to have a problem then.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Nothing there is racist. Maybe you can find the tweet that says all black people are inherently evil and all black people are savage animals .. as you claimed.

That will never happen as he never said that, and the funny thing is he does have black friends, so the racism claims are unfounded.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

You don't know much about the show do you, because he said in his tweets that he never had one thought of pulling his weapon, and never feared like he was in enough danger to pull it so please get it right.

Really racist isn't he?

edit on 6-7-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

You don't know much about the show do you, because he said in his tweets that he never had one thought of pulling his weapon, and never feared like he was in enough danger to pull it so please get it right.

Really racist isn't he?

That will never happen as he never said that, and the funny thing is he does have black friends, so the racism claims are unfounded.

Oh, the ol "see here's pictures of him with a black guy, he can't be racist" BS.

Looks like the Gawker URL with the tweets in it that I linked contains profanity and were mangled but here are few quoted in this article at The Blaze:

He said:

She's lucky I was a white legal gun owner or she'd be dead.

I restrained myself from putting it to sleep

Well what should he have said about the assault that took place?

Would you have rather seen him say there was a nice lady that assaulted him and it was okay?

And you do understand that this is not going to go well for Sirius/XM as many have already cancelled subscriptions and sold whatever stock they have in the company.

You also need to remember this was done not on the air but from his home on twitter and he never laid a racial slur anywhere in his rants. I know because I read all of them and there was nothing racists in there.

I would have expected him to file a police report if he was actually assaulted. For all I know, the whole thing is a publicity stunt that went badly. No complaint has been filed because according to him it would be a waste of the officer's time.

It doesn't matter if it wasn't on air, there are morals clauses in every entertainer's contract. If you want to be paid to be a celebrity broadcaster, that's a stipulation of receiving a big fat check every year. Finally, racial epithets are not a required for something to be racist, that's a ridiculous assertion.

If you don't see referring to a group of people as "uncivilized," "savages," and "animals" who "prey on white people" as racism, then I'd suggest evaluating your standards.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Everything you wrote is a complete mischaracterization. He stated she immediately attacked him. He called HER a # and an animal bitch and a savage .. not all black people. Nothing you said is true. He did not say all black people are inherently violent, you made that up.

He stated it, so it must therefore be true? Why not file a complaint then and let it go to court? I wonder what her side of the story would be?

I didn't make anything up. From The Blaze:

It's a jungle out in our cities after midnight. Violent savages own the streets. They all came 2 defend this pig. I had to yell like at dogs

The automatic jump to violence in that community is astounding. No discussion. It's start punching at the least little thing. Uncivilized!!

RT @HuntsvilleDore:a female beat u? -No,an ANIMAL B# used it's instinctual violence on me. I restrained myself from putting it to sleep

here's another one from Buzzfeed:

Im f#ing livid. If I was an illegal savage I'd have shot her. The I are violence in her was so predictable. I hope she gets killed.

Nothing about inherent violence in that uncivilized community? Which part did I make up?

Oh and here, this one is for you and the other Anthony fan and defender, also from BuzzFeed:

Savage violent animal f#s prey on white people. Easy targets. This C# has no clue how lucky she was. She belted me 10 times. I had a gun

So savage violent animals prey on white people AND she's lucky he didn't get shot?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join