It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Electorial College needs to go.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows
I found a good video that explains the Electorial College pretty well.

And in so doing shows why it needs to go.

Thank you for this. I've never really understood how the electoral college really works. All I know is that you when you go to cast your ballot, you are voting for an electoral college elector that has been chosen by the state. It is not guaranteed the your elector will vote the same way you did. They can place their vote for someone else which disenfranchises the individual voter. Which is why I think it's absurd and the reason why I stopped voting a long time ago in national elections. The only time I vote is for local stuff as I think the individual vote has more power to change things.
The electoral college along with gerrymandering should be abolished. Also with those silly national political party conventions where the elites and zombified supporters go and choose their candidates.
The whole system is rigged.
Again thank you for sharing this and I hope more people realize this.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Only if you think of the "United States" as singular. But see that "s" on the end of the word "state"? That would indicate that 50 states (or 57 if you listen to Obama) are united for a common purpose. Now that idea isn't very popular any more. It hasn't been since the "Civil War," called "The War of Northern Aggression" by anyone in the South who fell victim to it.

No one called it the War of Northern Aggression until the 1950s. It was a way of appropriating the Civil War into the anti-civil rights movement.
deadconfederates.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It's unfortunate that not that many people know this. Thanks for putting this up. This will at least help people understand the unfairness in this country and why I'm never going to vote.

<< 1   >>

join