It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Californians ... Turning In Their Neighbors !!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This is freaking ridiculous already.

We pipe god damned Oil from Alaska, but we can't pipe in %^&$ing Water from Alaska, This continent has more water than any other on the planet for the love of god, yet now we are hyped up on a "water shortage" We sit here and create a system by which we drill the ever loving hell down miles into the Earth and extract it's black blood, pump that crap into refineries, and fill the cars of 20 Million people in California alone with 20 gallons a day brought in pipes and giant explosive trucks lol... and I'm supposed to believe with Two god damned massive mountain ranges all of Canada north of us and Alaska and we border the mother loving Ice cap... that we are going to have to evacuate the south west and run out of water because even without all that we will park monstrosity Nuclear reactors next to cities but no one can hook one up to a desalinization plant somewhere either...

These pricks want us to pay out the arse for water

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 74Templar

People worry far too much. The US and most likely the northern hemisphere are just going through the inevitable dry spell of an El Nino system. Dry summers, low rain, it comes and goes.

How is it worrying too much when we can physically view the reservoirs at historic lows? Some of them have exposed lake beds which haven't seen open air in a generation or more. Some have been underwater since the day they were created. At least, until now?

How is it worrying too much when these physical and real world pieces of evidence sit to be seen and validate our concerns?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCynic

It's basically correct, these locations are deserts, it should be incredibly Obvious that as population rises we need to do a little innovating to keep the water supply up and the reason it's not a worry is that doing so is EASY. It far more comes down to scum bag politics than climate issues.

Or ancestors irrigated, it was/is called one of the great stepping stones of humanity, that as the population rises we might need to de-salinate/pipe water in new ways should be a basic aspect of society not a "crisis"

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I've always thought a cross country pipeline to direct some of the flood waters to other areas is worth consideration.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: samkent

There is such a resistance in America to shaping our environment, here in AZ we have signs when you head to Cali that say "save the desert" and I always think... "save the desert, that environment that keeps growing and threatens most forms of life"

personal I think it's time to "terraform" a bit, just a bit, pipeline, desalinization, desert wide solar... it seems only the Chinese are prepared to really do "shaping" projects of their environment and we criticize this... "some form of nematode went extinct" but I figure if 35 Million people run out of water we can't cool the 4-5 Nuclear reactors in the area it ends a lot worse... but that's just me...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join