It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 called for help, police arrive and kill victim.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Its difficult to hear the mom. Her voice is trembling with pain.

I think the victim's family may be Hispanic?

Thats somewhat comforting.

Minorities actually do something when a member of their community is the victim of police violence.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Sounds like suicide by cop. This young man wanted to end his life and he knew by lunging at the police officers they would shoot and kill him. Police however, knew he was suicidal and should have been prepared to immobilize him either with a tazer or pepper spray. Shooting him 4 times is ridiculous. The kid had a knife not a gun.
edit on 4-7-2014 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I'm having trouble getting the video to work on my phone right now, could you give a brief summary of what happened in the vid? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
when will people learn NOT to call the police for these things. long gone are the days when a cop would tackle such a person and save their lives, now the only life cops care about is their own. the fact there were 4 shots fired seems to point out the cop wanted to be sure of the kill. this cop should be presented with a new name Kevorkian for his work in granting death to someone who wished it, he should also receive the same sentence for his CRIME of assisted suicide, as should any cop in this situation. but i have a question. they knew it was someone threatening suicide and as such would likely not only be irrational but would likely attack the cop. so why wasn't the responder equipped with a "stun gun"? or even better a trank gun?
edit on 4-7-2014 by generik because: (no reason given)

(post by Fargoth removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

When will we learn that cops are not who you call to deal with issues like this?
Shame that this kid had to die cause he was severely depressed and didn't know what to do.

Any other info about how far the cop was from the kid when he "lunged"?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I always wondered why not shoot him in the leg or something...he goes down immediately. That would be my first instinct in this situation.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Shoot to stop is a pipe dream it seems. People will come in and say it takes to long to try and aim and the officer doesn't have that extra time.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I know enough about shooting to know, shooting in the leg is not necessarily going to be non-lethal... plus the way I was taught compare the leg to the torso you shoot at what your most likely to hit.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I know enough about shooting to know, shooting in the leg is not necessarily going to be non-lethal... plus the way I was taught compare the leg to the torso you shoot at what your most likely to hit.

If you want to get the job done..than yes...torso is a better target.

I think you're missing the point here.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

A torso hit doesn't also need to be lethal...yet they made sure.

The guy had a knife...duck and cover.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Man, this is at least the third one in a year with a kid. I seriously doubt he lunged. And even if he did...

Just sad.
edit on 7/4/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Man, this is at least the third one in a year with a kid. I seriously doubt he lunged. And even if he did...

Just sad.

It is sad, there's far too much of this stuff going on. Obviously the police, or this policeman, are not versed in the humanities..except for themselves that is.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Whats so sad is that I can think of atleast 3 (im not super new savy) of these cases in the past year. Why can I think of atleast 3 other times! The police are doing something wrong. They are treating us like how we treat chickens in a chicken farm..

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong the police had other options and were absolutely in the wrong to kill a disturbed kid without trying everything else first.

But shooting a leg... like I said I am a pretty good shot and I MIGHT be able to hit a moving limb 1 in 10 tries.. if things are so bad I pull a gun I am shooting to kill not wound.

and Most cops I have seen at the range have a hard time hitting the ground with a hand gun.
edit on 4-7-2014 by Irishhaf because: My fingers got done typing before my thoughts finished

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The only police in the world that leaves Conflict Resolution out of the academy handbook.

Does the word Disarm have any merit anymore ?

Tired...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Sounds like suicide by cop. This young man wanted to end his life and he knew by lunging at the police officers they would shoot and kill him. Police however, knew he was suicidal and should have been prepared to immobilize him either with a tazer or pepper spray. Shooting him 4 times is ridiculous. The kid had a knife not a gun.

It sounds like just one more satanic ritual killing as that particular thing infests police stations and city counsel and every aspect of your communities life and mine unfortunately.

Don't think it was the kid doing more than making a cry for help.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99
Wouldn't it being a ritual point to some sort of planning?
Or did they just get lucky and have a satanic cop that took the call and thought, well its about time for a sacrifice, lets do this!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
I always wondered why not shoot him in the leg or something...he goes down immediately. That would be my first instinct in this situation.

"Shoot to kill" is standard training protocol now. What ever happened to warning shots? Maybe just popping one off into the ground would make the gravity of the situation clear, although it shouldn't even escalate that far.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

Maybe just popping one off into the ground would make the gravity of the situation clear, although it shouldn't even escalate that far.

exactly. I'm pretty sure the kid would have dropped from the shock itself. No one charges towards a gun that just fired in your general direction....except maybe Willis, Stallone and Arnie.....Instinct takes over.

but...I guess this discussion is pointless now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join