It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Body vs. The Soul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Our bodies work opposite of our soul(s). Here in lies the proof of my mind and body, typing away. Do we, our bodies, hold a soul? If so, is our soul our own? Let us assume we all have individual soul identities. To consider the opposite is much more simple, but less invigorating.

The Body reigns supreme. No? Death. Asked and answered. Yet, our simple minds look for a way out of Death. The Soul. Not just a soul, but your soul, my soul. If the soul is our escape, or our introduction, via awareness, then somehow, some way, we propagate our progression, or regression. Why regress? Hmmm...most curious.

The Soul is capable. The body is defined, limited. Again, why regress? The Soul may detach. The body may host. Weak vs. Strong Forces. Our physical being explains it. Without a soul, we wander. Without a body, we wonder. Get it?

Our bodies are strong, yet a weak soul falls prey...scripture.

A strong soul exhausts the body, again, scripture.

My curiosity is founded in basic thought. Our Soul can be found in Nature, yet our physiology is unique. Hmmmm. Take a look around. Energy is King. The Soul is everlasting, the body? Not so much.

We need not explore micro machine physics to know ourselves. We belong because we have an Energy, housed in a body of consequence. Our thoughts will remain, our body will die. We can live forever through our bodies, they are managable with serious science.

Our Souls, please let us have one, if not Billions, are fleeting. As we abandon each other, we regress. Why regress? Body and Blood of The King. Digest that. No mention of HIS Soul, just ours at stake. HE came here, the Ultimate Sacrifice. A Regression of Wonder. So where does that leave our Soul(s)? We are told to aspire to be like our Creator, when in Scripture, HE aspired to be like US, for but a moment.

edit on 4-7-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
the soul is real. it might even be multi-dimensional in its nature. actually I think that is a common assumption. what I mean is not only can your soul travel through dimensions so can your body. I've had lots of spiritual experiences that tell me the soul is real, like a mist of energy. Its amazing really. to think about leaving but coming back again. to do it in this life to know you will do it in another. what a moving thread ty and S&F.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Nice read. SnF...

we propagate our progression, or regression. Why regress? Hmmm...most curious.

Very powerful... Promoting full self responsibility... If you don't make it, it's because you did not build it...

edit on 4-7-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

My most favorite movie of all time. You get it. Real consequences.

I listed my top 5 of all time on another thread, about 1 month ago.

The reality of our being is ENTIRELY our resposibilty, and propagates THE NEXT. Thanks for your sharing of your support of OUR Soul.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

Your most welcome...

I quoted and linked your thread here...

tpuc.org...

Wifi
edit on 4-7-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
All religion aside, here is the way I see body versus the soul.

From the body arises instinct...from the soul arises intellect.

Our morals and our religions often put these qualities at odds
against each other...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Last year I would have said, seems I'm having problems remembering since after the change. One night while pondering it all, seems just before bed is best for me. A question popped into my mind. How do you know if you have a Soul?

That was a long night! Yet I felt rested getting up the next morning. My mind raced to somehow Find the words only somehow every word used really could not Fit. Until I ran out of words, thoughts, ideas that night I actually said, "I do not Know."

We kill ourselves everyday over ideas and thoughts passed down since Childhood. Everything has changed since that night, even thought I could be going mad, lost a nut here or was misplaced. Still questions do happen to come from no where land; yet somehow I feel better.

The thought of having a Soul is nothing more then another story, thought, idea we tend to take for Granted. I feel that if people looked at it differently; one is either here to Earn One or it never existed in the first place. Tossed out a Tread on this and it did not go well lol.

Likely so since it bypasses the idea, even after death one get another chance. Well looking at our World Now, this Idea has lead Man down a Dark Hole. Since who Cares right? Soul everlasting, why bother since Hell and damnation sure hasen't change anything!

I hope I get your Topic. As I see it. People use pills to cope with anything nowadays, used to be drugs and beer is still there also. Draining one energy is nothing more then not dealing with emotions issues, life issues and tend to stay away from anything considered evil. Evil has changed since early 1900's!

Now we have what I call energy suckers who go about stealing Others since the Idea of Having Good Thoughts, Following what others do, and not taking the time to question anything told to them or whats in their heads anyway. So not only are you fighting with others, one is fighting within themselves!

They say the body can not exist without the Soul, WHO came up with that Idea? Aura is nothing more then your energy, glow when your giving, dark if one has issues that need correcting. Here's another story, If an Angel can fall from Grace. Why does Man consider being Above One?

Their are some Good People still left, only because they know inside it's More then some silly Relig game. Sure we all have issues we need to work out, repair, correct. Yet after it's all said and done, it was either You who Had some fallings and done something for yourself to change it all. Better is not the word to use since it is used for tomorrow and implys tomorrow exist, that it can be done tomorrow.

You should be having Death everyday, dropping old outdated ideas, facts things people hold on too so Life cannot Change! It's going too no matter what one does in Life. It gets really boring, although one Feels Safe all the time wasting on them Fears that come during the night about Tomorrow.

I'm not saying a Soul can not Exist or we don't have one; Yet. Changing this to the idea we are here to Earn One, maybe Evolve even. Taking it as a given, fact without Questioning only Shows what we have in Todays World. Thats why most people can't sleep, always sick, complain of Doom!

We are in a World of # if the God Idea is nothing more then just a Story! Actually if one thinks of it, Even if He Does!

Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I believe a soul can be weighed and measured here and now by looking into ones ego. Ego appears to be the mask that protects the soul and is solely responsible for emotions.

It's our ego that has us responding to things and situations in an emotional way whether good or bad. If it wasn't for emotions/ego everyone would be as predictable as an ATM machine. How one develops the soul is reflected in how one evolves their ego. Ego is good, it's what makes all of us unique, it's the ignorance of ego/soul that leaves one undeveloped and emotionally overcharged in situations because the soul is unevolved and is working in defense mode because it doesn't know how else to protect you, so it protects itself. Fight or flight....

Interesting thread! Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Imagine that the soul is all there is (sole, alone) and everything is in that one soul. The soul is what movement happens within - the body is just an appearance within the soul. When the body ceases to move it does not necessarily mean that all other movement will stop.
This moment is all there is - nothing happens outside this moment of 'now'. Now is the soul and all things appear in and as now. Now is eternal and now is where all movement and change appear and disappear.
The body will not last because it is part of that which appears - even in deep sleep the body and the world disappear but now (that which you are) never disappears because it never seems to appear - it just always (eternally) is.

edit on 4-7-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boscov
The reality of our being is ENTIRELY our resposibilty, and propagates THE NEXT.

Nothing is 'your' responsibility. There is no 'you' that can change what is happening because what is happening is happening right now.....................and there is no 'you' separate from what is arising. That which is perceiving and that which is perceived are not two separate things. The illusion and the confusion is that there is a 'you' that can make what is happening different because there is a belief in 'next'. 'Next' is just a word arising now - nothing can arise outside now where all is perceived.
All experiencing happens now and 'you' are 'the now'.

Now is all there is - it is alone (sole). Bodies appear in the now, sounds appear in the now, thoughts appear in the now and amazingly all disappears in the now.

Realizing that you are the 'entire reality of being' is what will set 'you' free from believing that you are just a body.

What you are actually is beyond words, but it would be not untrue to say you are nothing whatsoever other than pure, infinite, disembodied consciousness/intelligence; a field of miraculous infinite light; God dreaming itself; an infinite point of pure potential; or the infinite implications of nothing whatsoever.

The immediate presentation of this unspeakable actuality is the field of your experience, which is an instantaineously appearing virtual field of Radiant Presence as apparent qualities. This is the actuality of which every/ and any/ thing that you think exists consists. This is inclusive and complete; nothing whatever other than this field exists. In short, the entirety of Reality is the "bubble" of YOUR experience, the field of Radiant Presence, which alone exists.

This is the totality of Reality. This is not theoretical, but is actually, immediately real; always the case right here right now.
theopendoorway.org...

The inherent Intelligence of Reality has the property of being able to interpret its radiant energies as patterns, and has the further ability to imagine hypothetical interpretations regarding what these imagined patterns might consist of: e.g. beings, entities, situations, etc.

It can happen that these hypothetical interpretations might include the idea that these patterns actually inherently exist as entities in themselves, that they might be actual independently existing individualities that have coherent identities that persist in time; and are more than just the instantaneous Radiance of Reality, as they actually are.

Further, the Intelligence can identify itself in imagination with various sets of these imagined patterns, while disidentifying itself from others, creating the fantasy of a "self", an embodyment, and an "objective environment". Through this possibility an apparent entity that exists in an apparent world can seem to exist, leading to the possibility of further elaborations in imagination on that theme, resulting in the apparent situation that you may seem to be finding yourself in at this moment. This is the case when one finds oneself lost in a dream, thinking that it is an actual objectively existing environment and events.

BUT the possibility of seeing the non-actual nature of this complex situationality is ever-present, since the entire confused scenario actually exists only in imagination and consists of nothing other than the inherent functioning of Reality itself. And all the apparent elements of this elaboration turn out to be substantially made of nothing other than Reality itself, so nothing other than the actual nature of Reality is perceivable the whole time.

Since Reality is always and eternally perfect and complete, in its constant final condition, and since "our" relationship to it, to consciousness/intelligence/energy, is already and eternally in a state of perfect fruition, our only "spiritual" task is to NOTICE this actual state of affairs; AND IT HAPPENS THAT THIS IS POSSIBLE.
theopendoorway.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

If "Now" is all there is, then why is it that "Now" was born on the backs of those that were before? Were we not the next? Did they only live for their "Now"?, which was then? To live in the now is to value what is now, for it may not be later. Therein lies the foundation that allows the next. YOU may choose to deny for others what you were so blessed to be given, but that is your legacy, not mine. Now is only now for you because some two gave a piece of themselves with clear understanding of what was to come. You are the Next. Sure, live for now...live it up. No tomorrow, no yesterday. Your NOW coincides with my NEXT.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It is not 'my' now or 'your' now.
Now is single.

All arises out of nothing and disappears back to nothing - it is only a thought arising now which tells you different.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
There maybe an idea that there are many individual souls - but sole means one, alone.
The one thing there is, is what is actually happening - there is nothing other. And 'what is actually happening' is not actually a thing.

There are no things, just tendencies. An idea is a tendency.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Interesting!

So how do you fit reflection into all this if I may ask? We are taught Ego is something to avoid, it needs to be replaced by ones Inner Being yet I see it is a part of my being also. I've started questioning some of the past down ideas from the past and all I could see was something to hate about oneself. Do this, try that, yet very rarely do you ever hear to learn to work with them yourself.

It would seem nothing is really wrong with a person until one starts hiding the things we are told is not acceptable in todays world. I wonder if that List will ever stop growing!

Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The Creator placed the Spirit, in the flesh.

Then the flesh, became a living Soul.

The flesh is weak, The Way, is to be of the Spirit.
edit on 4-7-2014 by OOOOOO because: seperation

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Go take 5g of something THAT SHALL NOT BE MENTIONED.

Or go to Peru and take a full cupful of something THAT SHALL NOT BE MENTIONED.

You'll quickly realize you have a soul independent from your body.

Then if you get really curious, ask to see God. You'll probably be obliged.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: rival

The better to keep you under control by trying to "save" your soul.

Not that I believe the issue as to whether or not we have a soul at all is decided.
But.
A lot do.
So.....
edit on 5-7-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I was just musing about how our bodies may be the temples (conductors) that conduct and house the yet undiscovered physical and energy forces of our soul and consciousness.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Fun fact, putting the clicker for your car alarm against your head.
Boosts the signal strength, makes the signal go farther.
Rather strange imho.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JonButtonIII

Last time doing that. Woke up some 3-4 days later, somehow moved out of my roommates place, different hood even and still have no idea How it got done even.

Plus side it was only 1/2 the cost of rent I was paying! Either ego or something else had me for the time being, even the roommates did not know I had moved!

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join