It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so many threads about Gay people?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I've noticed lately that "Gay threads" always come in waves. We have days on end with no "Gay Threads" and then boom, like buses they all come along at once.

There are circa 35,000 threads on ATS about gay issues. Most i believe are started to guarantee a fire storm and gain stars and flags for the poster. It's a contentious issue and the opposite sides of the argument will never agree.

What is great is to see a lot more ATS members showing they don't give a damn about the issue and seem to agree that the LGBT community should be treated equally to straight people.

Seems that some members are using these threads to spout their outdated bigoted views and it's great to see that these members are finally a smaller percentage of the ATS membership.

I've never ranted before, but I visit ATS to read and discuss more important matters than what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Why not add one more to the pile eh...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It's a holiday weekend and people have too much time on their hands??? Maybe too much alcohol too?

I was wondering the same thing though. I have no clue.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Why not add one more to the pile eh...

Don't think one more will do any difference to the other 35,000

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I started one because I wanted the answer to a question.

I guess you could say I was "gay-curious".

:O

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

The "Pink" thread was the one that rattled my cage beezzer.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
I've noticed lately that "Gay threads" always come in waves. We have days on end with no "Gay Threads" and then boom, like buses they all come along at once.

There are circa 35,000 threads on ATS about gay issues. Most i believe are started to guarantee a fire storm and gain stars and flags for the poster. It's a contentious issue and the opposite sides of the argument will never agree.

What is great is to see a lot more ATS members showing they don't give a damn about the issue and seem to agree that the LGBT community should be treated equally to straight people.

Seems that some members are using these threads to spout their outdated bigoted views and it's great to see that these members are finally a smaller percentage of the ATS membership.

I've never ranted before, but I visit ATS to read and discuss more important matters than what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes.

People makes posts when their are recent developments or some other current event going on in the MSM. Look at Burger King & their gay pride burger. That will cause people to want to talk about the issue whether they are pro equal rights or against equal rights for LGBTQ.

Frankly the LGBTQ community should have the same rights as heterosexuals because they are humans just like heterosexuals. I hate how segregation has reared it's ugly head again.

Even if the day comes when LGBTQ do have the same equal rights, there will be another minority group to hate on because that is how the gov stays in power. Keep the people divided & busy hating on each other so they don't get together and over throw the gov.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Because they are loud and proud...

Get used to it.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Why so many UFO threads? Gun threads? Obama threads? WW3 threads? Religious threads?

Because! This is us. This is ATS! And you should be glad your'e a part of us.....

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

Totally agree with your comments. It's a non issue, we've all got plenty more important things we should be worried about.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

And all the topics you mentioned should be on ATS. It's a conspiracy site and yet the threads I refer to have nothing to do with conspiracy.

There are some great minds on this site, just a shame we always have this contentious issue being discussed and some LGBT ATS members having to defend themselves.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
FWIW, I do think some (not all) of these types of threads are created specifically to ruffle feathers. Same goes for a lot of the religious threads. I barely participate in either simply because of that.

It's a shame that folks consider it fun to rile up others, but it is what it is.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

It's like any other social subject here. Threads trail off and, before you know it, there's a valid topic within a topic and somebody decides to make another thread on it instead of derailing the current one.

We see it with topics of war, abortion, wealth gaps, etc.

In fact, I bet this thread will spawn another one if it grows large enough.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
To be center of attention.

Every time i have met some one gay it is the first thing out of their mouths, "I'm Gay and proud" I'm like I'm Nigel and proud. Like i want to know what gender someone prefers.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Legion2024

And what about all those gay people you have met that never told you they were gay?

I agree there are a minority of gay people who are very open about their sexuality, but there's a minority of straight people who are "swingers".

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: Legion2024

And what about all those gay people you have met that never told you they were gay?

I agree there are a minority of gay people who are very open about their sexuality, but there's a minority of straight people who are "swingers".

"swingers"=bi sexual. Some girls do it for the attention & I hate them for it because it makes it all the more difficult for bi sexuals. There is hate for bi sexuals within the LGBTQ community because many feel we're just sitting on the fence, not picking a side. I was shocked when I found that out because one would think you could turn to fellow non heterosexuals for support. There is also hate amongst the transvestites vs Drag Queens & the other ones similar to it.

I don't see why there can't be threads about LGBTQ, so long as your not doing it to be a sh*t disturber, then we have as much of a right to talk about anything to do with LGBTQ as anyone else who talks about whatever they want.

some people do see it as a conspiracy & if you look at it as a way to keep people fighting amongst themselves then that can be a conspir

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I am seriously baffled. You seem concerned that there are so many Gay - Straight threads, then you say:

If that's true, then the problem is taking care of itself. Calm down and wait.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
ATS and every other website like ATS should be wary of all these "gay" threads. I noticed that they were popping up every where too. IMO its provoking people to make inflammatory and derogatory comments. I think that this is planned and what will follow is going to be European style anti-hate speech legislation or rules for the internet. After all didn't Obama just relinquish control of the internet to a UN agency.

They'll wait awhile and then investigate hate speech on forums, and find thread after thread of shill filled hate speech and then start shutting down domains.

Maybe its their plan, maybe not, but I'm suspicious. Caution would dictate 404

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

Here in the UK swingers refers to wife swapping parties etc . The Point I was making is not to tarnish the whole gay community because of a minority of individuals who scream about their sexuality from the roof tops. Just in the same way not all straight people are tarnished with same brush as "swingers and dogging".

I'll ask the question again, how many gay people do you think you've met who have not informed you they were gay?

I know some very alpha gay men that most straight men would not mess with or know they were gay.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

But when you see so many at once as a gay person, it's kinda annoying all the same. At the moment I've counted six threads from today regarding LGBT issues.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join