It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ironic Independence Day Pic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
There will plenty of freedom at my place. We've got enough alcohol to knock out a herd of elephants. The meat is on the smoker...two wild boars, a 5 ft gar, a half dozen rabbits, and 10 chickens. An impressive array of fireworks has been assembled and a ten pound charge of tannerite. Dogs are allowed, too.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I know this is off topic, but please do get a video of that 10lb charge of tannerite and upload it for all of us here to enjoy that can't make it to the festivities.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth
Great pic!

I think they forgot to add on the sign
No Smoking
No Skateboarding
No Loitering

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
Our framers should be rolling over in their graves about now, not just because everything they worked for is polar opposite, but also because the apathy, blindness, and ignorance of the people here in the USA.

If a pic is worth a thousand words then this one should speak volumes.

Have a great 4th! And make sure to abide by all the rules. smh

God Bless America land of the free and home of video surveillance and more laws than there are words in the Constitution.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Il let some fireworks off for you guys tomorrow that are totally legal here

You do right mate.

Think I'll go to the park and have a few tinnies, which is perfectly ok as long as I don't get too rowdy.
I might even set up one of them throw away barbies and do me some fried chicken or burgers.
I'd take the dog as well but he sadly passed away a month or so ago.

Maybe I'll buy some Stars and Stripes bunting from Walmart, oh sorry, I mean ASDA, and sing The Star Spangled Banner just to give it a bit of authenticity.

Joking aside, must admit, if I was an American I'd be a bit pissed off at this - I thought you guys had a Constitution that prevents such things?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

That sign needs to be met with a healthy dose of civil disobedience.

In order to remain the land of the free, it must remain the home of the brave.

So the question is: Is America the home of the brave?

Answer that and you have answered Americas destiny.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The UK needs some rules like that for parks, especially banning dogs and alcohol, nobody wants harassed by dogs or to watch them or drunk louts or teenage smoking /drinking dens.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

The UK doesn't need to establish rules like that. If you do something wrong, the nearest light pole will be sure to issue your one and only warning.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
We are getting signs like that popping up around Montana. I was a little shocked. This wouldn't fly in California so to think people are more accepting in Montana kinda of scares me.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Happy independence day America.....

*Tumble weed blows by

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

I live in a nice area but the kids don't use the parks or plenty of green areas as much as they could and should because of irresponsible people and their offensive dogs running around and other places are more like teen dens or ghettos that are totally avoidable.

Nearest light pole?

In a properly civilized nation we shouldn't need such rules but it's the few that spoiled it for the many, if they can't behave then there has to be rules.
edit on 3-7-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
There will plenty of freedom at my place. We've got enough alcohol to knock out a herd of elephants. The meat is on the smoker...two wild boars, a 5 ft gar, a half dozen rabbits, and 10 chickens. An impressive array of fireworks has been assembled and a ten pound charge of tannerite. Dogs are allowed, too.

That sounds like a bash for sure.

Have a great 4th!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
Our framers should be rolling over in their graves about now, not just because everything they worked for is polar opposite, but also because the apathy, blindness, and ignorance of the people here in the USA.

If a pic is worth a thousand words then this one should speak volumes.

Have a great 4th! And make sure to abide by all the rules. smh

If you look closely you will notice the picture is photoshopped

Have a look at the shadows and how everything behind the sign has a shadow but the sign itself does not.

Plus the lighting on the sign is all off.

I dont deny the message I just dont like the delivery.

You cant preach the truth from a false mouth.

This only minimizes the reality and affords more critical minds fuel to burn our argument that we are slowly becoming slaves to the system instead of the system being slaves to us.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TiM3LoRd

It does look like it at first, but here is another photo from the original source.

And a link to the local news paper which re-enforces the story.

lakewoodobserver.com...

Special Park Rules To Be In Effect At Lakewood Park On July 4th
by Melissa Garrett
The City of Lakewood will have some additional rules in effect at Lakewood Park on Thursday, July 4, 2013 for the Fourth of July festivities. These rules are being added for the safety and protection of everyone in attendance during the Lakewood Fourth of July celebration.

The following rules will be in effect at Lakewood Park on July 4, 2013:

All generators, propane and gas fueled grills are prohibited.
All tents and shelters are prohibited.
Police will be conducting searches of bags and coolers for reasons of public safety.
No alcoholic beverages are permitted at any time throughout the year.
No personal fireworks. This includes novelty fireworks like sparklers.
No dogs or pets of any kind will be permitted in the park on July 4th.
The skate park, tennis courts, basketball courts and Kid’s Cove playground will be closed at 7:00 p.m.
“There are more people at Lakewood Park for the Fourth of July than at any other time during the year,” stated Mayor Mike Summers. “Safety is our first priority. These added security measures will help to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable Fourth of July.”

www.infowars.com...
edit on 3-7-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is true and for proof here it is on their website.
www.onelakewood.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

You cannot see the shadow for the sign in the pic...If you look at the post/pole directly behind the sign, you can deduce that the sun is at 3 o'clock and perpendicular to the sign face. So, it's shadow would be low and to the left, out of view of the camera.

edit on 7/3/2014 by GoOfYFoOt because: added text

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I wonder if these "rules" are written in law, in Lakewood, or if this is just the city's policy, and meant as a bluff?
I'd be curious to see if anyone actually gets searched and what the LEOs are able to articulate as their probable cause.

A vinyl sign does not supercede the law, last time I checked...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

That sign needs to be met with a healthy dose of civil disobedience.

In order to remain the land of the free, it must remain the home of the brave.

So the question is: Is America the home of the brave?

Answer that and you have answered Americas destiny.

I'd give you ten stars if I could! You are absolutely right.
This reminds me of a friend of mine who was normally a really laid back, easy to like fellow, but upon hearing that the city of Lexington, Kentucky was going to have as their 4th of July parade theme: The United Nations, he became a raging mad man. He ranted about it to everyone who would listen but the city fathers held firm. When the 4th came and the parade started---there he was---in the middle of the street, holding up the parade and preaching about how the 4th of July was a celebration of AMERICAN INDEPENDENCE that had nothing to do with the United Nations. People along the parade route were cheering him but none had the guts to step out into the street with him. But he wouldn't move until the police came and dragged him away to jail. To me he embodied the concepts of freedom. Sadly, he's no longer with us but lots of folks still remember his actions. We'll light off a few to salute you Gatewood, with fond memories of the man who stood for what he believed.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I think the photo is genuine.

The sign is temporary and you can clearly see the metal frame stuck in the ground holding it up.

A photoshopper would not leave the frame there.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yes, well, I live in KC which is supposed to be second only to San Antonio for fireworks usage. They aren't legal here, but well, see the first sentence. We'll be enjoying a very modest home display and then going to one of the local big displays with the youngin'. It'll be fun to watch him enjoy champagne poppers and snap 'n pops for the first time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join