It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another federal judge tells IRS to explain itself on lost emails.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Washington Examiner

"IRS attorneys will be even busier than normal next week, because another federal judge has told them to show up in court July 11 to defend the federal tax agency.

They will have to explain to U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton why the IRS shouldn't be required to let an outside expert evaluate whether emails on the computer hard drives of former IRS official Lois Lerner and six colleagues really are lost forever, as the agency recently told Congress."

Interesting the IRS refuses to allow outside experts to evaluate if emails are lost forever. It only reinforces the need for a special prosecutor and nothing but promote additional conspiracy theories.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

What's up MG?

I bet the Federal Courts are taking interest!! Congress is coming close to defunding the IRS. That takes a tool away from the Executive ... and that'll be a loss to both parties.

Flat tax?? Bring it!! Fair tax?? It's gotta be better for the commoner than what we've got right now!!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

It only reinforces the need for a special prosecutor and nothing but promote additional conspiracy theories.

Yes.
Where is the oversight for this out of control Government agency???

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

What's up MG?

I bet the Federal Courts are taking interest!! Congress is coming close to defunding the IRS. That takes a tool away from the Executive ... and that'll be a loss to both parties.

Flat tax?? Bring it!! Fair tax?? It's gotta be better for the commoner than what we've got right now!!

The hooligans in Congress will never pass a flat tax.

If everyone had to pay the same percentage to fund our BLOATED federal bureaucracy.... Guess what would happen?

Everyone would be pissed off.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Interesting??? Sure..

A surprise??? Shouldn't be.

There is only on reason why they can't get those emails.

They were purposely disposed of.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

If everyone had to pay the same percentage to fund our BLOATED federal bureaucracy.... Guess what would happen?

Everyone would be pissed off.

Work the numbers, brother. A flat tax would be a major break for the middle class.

Poor people would have to pay something ... they might not be happy about that.

The 1%ers ... yeah ... they're gonna go nuts. Their 1% translates into tremendous quantities of dollars. No loop-holes and they're gonna start peeing themselves.

When the choice between flat and fair comes up ... corporate is gonna bid fair. Remember, in this day and age they're 'people' too. I would love to see corporate drop 20% of every dollar flowing through their hands get diverted to taxes. Can you freakin' imagine?

Sorry Marlin.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

With the best will in the world, it really does not look good for the IRS right now does it!?

They have been unwilling to properly explain their behaviour on various matters, and for them to be unwilling to submit to oversight on this technical issue is frankly absurd! The IRS has no right to prevent the government from looking at its figures, records, emails, telephone calls, text messages, sent by staff.

This lack of willingness to submit to oversight suggests to me, fairly I think, that something is deeply awry in the organisation, and if that is the case, it needs bringing to light, and fixing as soon as possible.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

No doubt. They've even got the names of all the players with 'corrupt' records management. Sacrificial lambs to the slaughter ... punishment level is all that's pending. I hope they're crucified, but even that is doubtful.

If anyone is waiting with bated breath ... fix your mind. This whole drama is being worked towards the same ends by both the (D)s and the ®s ... and that is the preservation of the IRS.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I agree it is flat tax time.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I would love to see a flat tax, no loopholes, capped at 15%. I think that the government ought to be able to function on less.

But they couldn't bear to have a cap on it. If such a flat tax ever passed Congress, they would end up giving us a VAT tax to make ends meet, as we know that our government can never seem to get enough.

Even paying 15% on my income as a middle class person, it would still piss me off.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

What's up MG?

Good Morning oh snarly one...

I will just be happy to see a special prosecutor. Only a crazy person would think those emails disappeared by accident. I have some IT experience specially with windows servers and exchange servers. For this to have happened on my watch would have been a firing offense..

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Time to get serious and subpoena the NSA .Surely they have to be compelled for National security purposes and to provide some legitimate reason for their existence. a reply to: MarlinGrace

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I would love to see a flat tax, no loopholes, capped at 15%. I think that the government ought to be able to function on less.

But they couldn't bear to have a cap on it. If such a flat tax ever passed Congress, they would end up giving us a VAT tax to make ends meet, as we know that our government can never seem to get enough.

Even paying 15% on my income as a middle class person, it would still piss me off.

I doubt it would happen you're asking to take away some of their power, and favor making ability. But it would be great if it could happen.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Is Ross Preau still living ? is that how you spell his name ? a reply to: Snarl

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

With the best will in the world, it really does not look good for the IRS right now does it!?

It appears they are digging a hole for themselves with a backhoe. I think if they allow and hopefully without choice experts, then many more could burn because it would take so many to create cover up.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Perot is how you spell it, if you mean the guy who ran for President and made a ton of money from the IRS.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Interesting??? Sure..

A surprise??? Shouldn't be.

The best in the business is the FBI at digital forensics, to bad they work for the executive branch.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It was years ago ,but I thought he wanted to have a flat tax or something like that .That concept at the time really made a lot of sense to me . a reply to: butcherguy

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Perot is how you spell it, if you mean the guy who ran for President and made a ton of money from the IRS.

Man some people have a great memory I forgot all about that. I think he ran as an independent maybe his people could be trusted. I wonder if they are still under any kind of contract. Good thinking you guys. I have to go, I have family in from California, just in time for the hurricane. Then I want to research this later.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

It was years ago ,but I thought he wanted to have a flat tax or something like that .That concept at the time really made a lot of sense to me . a reply to: butcherguy

No, I don't think he was a flat-taxer. He wanted to raise marginal rates on the wealthy and limit the ability of Congress to raise taxes. He also hated deficit spending.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join