It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Bill Of Rights And Declaration Of Independence Coming To U.K. On Loan.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: alldaylong

Keep them.

It's not like we're using them.

That is just a bullspit thing to say!
...so why did I star your comment?
If it hurts it's most probably true.

Onto the OP...
I'm cool with our cousins holding onto our treasure, we will need them when we rebuild.
And you limey's are some tough nuts, the treasure will be quite safe I'm sure.

Whilst the documents are over here in The U.K. , maybe at long last we can have a close look at the " small print" upon them.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That made me all warm and fuzzy inside
We love you guys really!

I think, when it comes to allies, we're the best example in the world. At least where we (the British) are concerned, we will often involve ourselves in another's fight not because of any "national interest" but simply down to it being the "right thing to do".

We had no dog in the fight when Hitler started gobbling up territory in Europe - or, in fact, when some daft Arch-Duke got himself shot in the face - we could have left him be and he would have let us be (that much is clear from historical texts), but in the end we sacrificed not only the blood of our youngsters for our friends, but our very national soul and Empire.

Things were never the same after the War and we lost a great deal. We could have been bitter - and perhaps we are to a certain extent - towards the Americans for usurping us in the manner they did, but for some reason we aren't, instead we're your best buds, ever, even if you don't always know it....

And don't worry, we'll look after it. It is something we have a lot of experience in, "looking after" other countries national treasures. ask the Greeks or Egyptians......

edit on 3/7/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What a dandy idea! Take the originals from their highly secured, controlled and properly protected spots and put them on tour!

When the plane crashes, the boat sinks or the whole damn museum vanishes in a stunning sink hole no one knew had been there..,.We'll ALL believe it was pure coincidence and "ooops! We never knew THAT could happen!"

Naturally, no American would knowingly put those priceless pieces of this nation's core heritage at risk ..so I'm sure they've spared no expense to remove all risk......right?

Of course they have.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

The post was borrowed from another thread here on ATS. Personally I think its important to remember that the US and UK have more in common than we don't. I also noticed one of my YouTube links was missing a part so it did not display correctly -

Sending the very document we used to replace the Crown I think says something.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I was under the impression that there were more than one "original" of the US Constitution / Bill of Rights. I thought in addition to the federal government the 13 colonies also received one.

Question to whomever -
Do we really need to be concerned about a document being destroyed? Its not like those rights / etc are lost the moment the document is destroyed.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Stand by for it to lost or accidently destroyed

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

Why?

What makes you think we'd be so careless with something like that? All the evidence points to the contrary, as a nation we've got a lot of experience handling Historic documents - a damned site more than the US does, I'd bet.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Keep them.

It's not like we're using them.

Bill Orange would be proud.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Who cares? It's mostly worthless these days as our government couldn't care less about following the damned document. It's supposed to be the supreme law of the land, now it's only use might be to burn for warmth or use as toilet paper.

Do what you want to with it, we obviously don't need it anymore.

ETA: I should have read more, seems Beezer beat me to it. Bloody rabbits.
edit on 7/4/2014 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Obama's probably hoping you guys will keep 'em in the same place you put that Winston Churchill bust he sent back.

Enjoy them while you have them and take very, very good care of them. I have no doubt there are plenty here who wouldn't shed a tear if they never came back.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: learnatic

Why?

What makes you think we'd be so careless with something like that? All the evidence points to the contrary, as a nation we've got a lot of experience handling Historic documents - a damned site more than the US does, I'd bet.

OK but some of you guys dug up Cromwell's dead body and gave him a posthumous hanging. LOL

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

That was a little bit before our time, that one...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Yea its a classic. I mean wow. lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join