It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man bends car door of burning vehicle to save driver

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Source BBC

So looks like superman just outed himself. And hes a minnesotan
I want to be this guy's manager. We can take this show on the road.

In an effort to save a man's life,the 52-year-old bent a locked car door in half to help remove a stranger from a burning SUV, KARE-TV reports.

"I don't think I did anything different than anyone else would have done had they gotten into the car ahead of me. That's just my take," Renning told KARE. "I helped him out of the car. That's good enough."
Source usatoday

edit on 2-7-2014 by dashen because: Hes not British silly

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

We've all heard tales of a 90 lbs woman lifting the front end of her car after a major accident to rescue her trapped child etc etc etc...

Adrenaline is your friend in an emergency

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Great to see someone help. Probably saved a life.

I wonder if it also might be a statement on the quality of construction of a 2006 Chevy SUV.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Here comes another GM recall....

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

We've all heard tales of a 90 lbs woman lifting the front end of her car after a major accident to rescue her trapped child etc etc etc...

Adrenaline is your friend in an emergency

But this guy ripped open a locked car door.
With his bare hands.
Adrenaline doesn't explain how his skin became tougher than steel

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Johannes said he had pulled over to the side of the road when he saw smoke and his speedometer hit zero. He had recently purchased a used 2006 Chevy Trailblazer. Johannes suffered minor smoke inhalation and light cuts from being pulled through a shattered window. Renning was not harmed.

A chevy, that explains all, not much strength needed to bend those crappy cars

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Johannes suffered minor smoke inhalation and light cuts from being pulled through a shattered w indow.

He pulled the man through the w indow. Sounds as though the door wasn't opened all the way. More top notch reporting to make facts clear.
edit on 7/2/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/2/2014 by roadgravel because: w indow bug

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Johannes suffered minor smoke inhalation and light cuts from being pulled through a shattered w indow.

He pulled the man through the w indow. Sounds as though the door wasn't opened all the was. More top notch reporting to make facts clear.

The actual details are that he bent the car door till the window burst then pulled the driver out

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
2006 Auto? Try that on a 1956 Chevy. They don't make them like they used to.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
In the picture you can see he bent the window frame of the car door, I was expecting to see the actual door bent in half. I'm glad everyone is safe, but the description is misleading. I bent a window frame trying to get a coat hanger in to unlock my friends car when she left her keys inside. Not trying to take anything away from this, just that busting the window is all that was needed.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

originally posted by: roadgravel

He pulled the man through the w indow. Sounds as though the door wasn't opened all the was. More top notch reporting to make facts clear.

The actual details are that he bent the car door till the window burst then pulled the driver out

Which is actually pretty easy to do... the window frame is thin, just place your knee against the door, grab the window frame on top and pull it towards you.

Go ahead and try it. I promise that you'll succeed...

Now that woman that lifted the damn car... now that I cant do

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
There was a guy on Stan Lee's Superhumans that could literally roll up frying pans with his hands.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Under extreme stress the brain allows access to all of you muscles at once when normally we only ever use a certain percentage.

The guy in the video above ^^ has genetic anomaly that allows him access to all his muscles all of the time. Thats how is so strong but not built like a muscle man.

edit on 2-7-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I can see the glass breaking that way. Maybe I am picky but bending a door in half has a different meaning and result.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yeah sure. Your brain allows you access to all of your muscles all the time. What part of you do you not have access to?
Access to muscles and strength are two different things. Stress releases adrenalin which increases strength.. No hocus pocus nonsense like he has access we normally don't
reply : PhoenixOD

edit on AMu31u0772729312014-07-02T10:29:00-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

So looks like superman just outed himself. And hes british/English/UKasian.

Am I reading the wrong story?

The guy isn't a Brit.
He isn't Asian.... as far as I can tell.

He is a first sergeant in the Minnesota Air National Guard.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Yeah sure. Your brain allows you access to all of your muscles all the time. What part of you do you not have access to?
Access to muscles and strength are two different things. Stress releases adrenalin which increases strength.. No hocus pocus nonsense like he has access we normally don't

I watched a program where doctors examined him to find out why he has so much strength and such a small build. They hooked him up to machines etc and measured all his electrical impulses and that was the conclusion they came up with.

Here is the video..booya

His body can generate over 1,000 pounds of force, more than a person several times his size, and tests have proven it’s the acceleration in his muscles that helps Dennis perform all these incredible tricks. Also he is able to activate more of his muscle fibers than the average human being, making him stronger than people with much larger muscles.

Source

edit on 2-7-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I think adrenaline is too weak an explanation in many cases like this one.

Sounds to me like angelic/Holy Spirit help in a lot of cases.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hot metal is easily malleable.

Not superhuman but physics, as for his humanitarian efforts /applause.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
when i worked in a mental hospital we had exterior doors that had 3" dead bolts and 5 heavy duty hinges. They were solid steel doors, ca 1940. We had a patient who took that door off its hinges once. Unfortunately, it was a 2 story drop outside that door, unless you took the steps.

We had another patient do the same thing with a seclusion room door. One big, huge kick and it fell over.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join