It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Hoagland - Hartley 2 comet is a Space Ship? Update on Hoaglands Mars Warrior Skulls

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

originally posted by: urmenimu
The search for life on mars and otherwise is exciting and so likely to bear results [although the results would be "classified" and never reported to the populace],

This myth again. Rubbish. Discovery of life on Mars — or anywhere else — would be THE biggest scientific announcement of the century. Nobody would, or could, hush it up. Why would they want to?

You are talking to (a few) that thinks we never went to the moon, just like the people that used to think the Earth was the center of the Universe you will never change their minds!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48
This myth again. Rubbish. Discovery of life on Mars — or anywhere else — would be THE biggest scientific announcement of the century. Nobody would, or could, hush it up. Why would they want to?

Imagine the funding space agencies would get to investigate it if life was found elsewhere!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Catacomb
A very long time ago, I thought he was on to something. Then I realized he was just making stuff up, and the things that he posted were just his imagination. I believe there was life on Mars, or I believe in the possibility, but he has gone off the deep end, I think.

I agree with you completely.Back in the Art Bell days i found a lot of his ideas interesting and they were somewhat intriguing.The fact he used to work for NASA also went a long ways towards his credibility with me.Somewhere along the line Hoagland seemed to go off the deep end,making claims based on nothing other than what he envisioned could have been.The leaps you have to make from the evidence he shows to his claims based on that evidence are far too great for most people to make.Like they say,extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof and he has very little to back up his claims.
I doubt if many even take him seriously any more.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: fartsmeller46

originally posted by: Catacomb
A very long time ago, I thought he was on to something. Then I realized he was just making stuff up, and the things that he posted were just his imagination. I believe there was life on Mars, or I believe in the possibility, but he has gone off the deep end, I think.

The fact he used to work for NASA also went a long ways towards his credibility with me.

What? Hoagland has no more worked for NASA than I have! Where did you hear that?

Edit: I see Hoagland describes himself as a "NASA consultant". Very clever!

What that means is that he has acted as a "consultant" to persons unknown on the subject of NASA! Not for NASA.

If I provide a quote about Kate Middleton to a newspaper as a "royal consultant", does that make me a member of the Royal Family?

What a fraud the man is.
edit on 6-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
As Jed Clampet would say...........................That boy aint right.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Ah, the big NASA credentials myth.

Hoagland was invited to deliver a talk for NASA's Lewis Center employees (as an employee perk), after being recommended by one of them.

www.gpposner.com...

My initial inquiries into some of Hoagland's pronouncements on For The People had concerned the first of his two 1990 presentations (March 20) at the NASA Lewis Research Center in Cleveland, Ohio. In a May 13, 1990, Letter to the Editor of TBS Report, Chuck Harder had claimed that

NASA invited [Hoagland] after their own internal investigation of the [Cydonia] photos gave his mission sufficient credibility to ask him . . . to present the program to 4,000 NASA scientists and employees. Hardly a laughing matter. . . . Thus on the "NASA ALERT Presentation -- Was There Life on Mars?" I suggest you contact Joyce E. Bergstrom at NASA. I have photocopied her business card (attached).

At Harder's suggestion, I wrote to Bergstrom on May 19. And on June 5 she telephoned me, only too happy to clarify the circumstances surrounding Hoagland's presentation at NASA/Lewis. She explained that the Lewis center "brings in speakers on a variety of topics of interest as an employee perk. They can legally charge their time for one hour away from their job to go to the auditorium to listen to a colloquium." Regarding the "ALERT" designation attached to the title of his presentation, Bergstrom told me that ALERT is just a "catchy acronym" for Alert Lewis Employees on Relevant Topics, and connotes no special importance to the subject matter. And as for this being "no laughing matter," Bergstrom chuckled at the suggestion that Hoagland's invitation had resulted from "an internal investigation by NASA giving sufficient credibility" to his claims, saying, "No, sir. Not at all. Hoagland was invited to the center by our director as a guest for the day based on an employee's recommendation that he would have an interesting subject." She added that no NASA scientist had ever expressed to her a belief in Hoagland's theories about Mars. [Update: NASA's "Lewis" center has since been renamed in honor of John Glenn.]

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Hoagland's motorcycle on mars.

You see it?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamie6737
Hoagland's motorcycle on mars.

You see it?

No.

Do you see that Hoagland is being completely ridiculous and inventing things out of blue air?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Old Navy Store basements are CIA hangouts - yup Hoagland said it.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BABYBULL24

Were at?

Do you see the Hoagland skull?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Posted by funbox on
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister
the robot looking stone is a very old picture. I believe it was an actual inspiration for George Lucas, that is how old it is. The shoe is much newer-and interesting. I want to say "impossible" but, anyone can look at the original on the JPL website, thus if some one is playing us, then it is NASA. He is certainly right about many things, some of these new things, well, I am not going trash him, just try and keep an open mind. It is very unusual for Gale Crater to have any kind of mountain in the center, thus maybe something big was there, and now dust has collected on it, like in Mission to Mars. not as big as Richard suspects. Nasa last year demonstrated, live from the space station, how to make transparent steel. Imagine what a 1.5 type civilization could do?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: livingthelava
He is certainly right about many things,

Please list some of these "many things" thathe is right about....

Nasa last year demonstrated, live from the space station, how to make transparent steel.

They did? care to link us to that demonstration from NASA?

or were you thinking of this?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Galileo had the same problems, but, he could be staked and burned.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
My "take on Hoagland" is that maybe he should write all of this down, toss in some dialogue, maybe a love story, perhaps a dragon or two, and publish a science fiction saga, because this is all in his vivid imagination.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Respect to all
I read/watch several of Hoagland theories including cydonia mars and I must say everywhere he look he sees meanings in angles which I honestly think one can see everywhere one looks.
One thing I find interesting though is the hexagonal formation he talks about that are supposedly on the poles of Saturn.
Have these images been confirmed??

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jamie6737

I have a hard time accepting Hoagland's size of this building, but, take a look at this, from a type .07 society: www.facebook.com...

in the end is a very cool view of Seattle's glass structure. Now imagine the frame being built from Nasa's transparent Steel?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jamie6737

I have a hard time accepting Hoagland's size of this building, but, take a look at this, from a type .07 society: www.facebook.com...

in the end is a very cool view of Seattle's glass structure. Now imagine the frame being built from Nasa's transparent Steel?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: livingthelava
Now imagine the frame being built from Nasa's transparent Steel?

Or they could build it with NASA's fairy poo and pixie dust - and NASA has the same amount of transparent steel as they have of fairy poo and pixie dust!

Still waiting for your source from NASA on their "transparent steel"...

edit on 26-3-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: wulff
... just like the people that used to think the Earth was the center of the Universe you will never change their minds!

Well, technically, if you were to get in a space ship that could go at infinite speed and headed toward the leading shockwave edge of the universe, you could travel in any direction and get there at the same time. Which pretty much puts us at center of the universe.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join