It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE BANNED IN CALIFORNIA SCHOOL! (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Just when I thought our school systems couldn't get any whackier, THIS has to happen! Now, I just want to know, who in their right mind expects American History to be taught without introducing the Declaration Of Independence?? Read on...and read the REAL reason for this lunacy.

www.reuters.com
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A California teacher has been barred by his school from giving students documents from American history that refer to God -- including the Declaration of Independence.

Steven Williams, a fifth-grade teacher at Stevens Creek School in the San Francisco Bay area suburb of Cupertino, sued for discrimination on Monday, claiming he had been singled out for censorship by principal Patricia Vidmar because he is a Christian.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think the bottom line here runs deeper than you might think. Would this district supervisor pull such a stunt if he didn't think the parents in that district didn't back him up? Or, is it possible, that the district supervisor didn't even consider the ramifications of such a maneuver? In either case, is this someone who should be running a school district? Personally, I'd say if this Bozo EVER expects another Bond Issue to pass in his district, he better pull in the reins and actually LET THE TEACHER TEACH IN THE MANNER THAT THE KIDS WILL LEARN THE MOST!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
NO we can't just let the teacher teach their way. If we do, we would get 30 students like the teacher.

But this thing is ridiculous. Declaration of Independence is banned from teaching in America, that is like banning Magna Carta in U.K, kind of.

Surf

df1

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
NO we can't just let the teacher teach their way. If we do, we would get 30 students like the teacher.

Your conclusion makes no sense what-so-ever. What you are asking for is for all teachers to teach as mandated by the government, which would result in all students thinking like the government. And you think this a good thing?

Each teacher relating to students in their own manner would result in more a more balanced and better education.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
i think he was being sarcastic...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Your conclusion makes no sense what-so-ever. What you are asking for is for all teachers to teach as mandated by the government, which would result in all students thinking like the government. And you think this a good thing?

Each teacher relating to students in their own manner would result in more a more balanced and better education.

If it did make no sense whatever then how are you able to say what I am asking for.

No, students shouldn't confined to what Government wants them to teach, nor should they be influenced by the personal views of the teacher.

In my last post I mistakenly said that this was ridiculous, because I looked at the submitter's topic which was misleading and failed to note that the teacher was barred from teaching only the parts that included God, not the entire thing.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
THIS IS GREAT. HELL lets not teach our children what our country was trying to do to BECOME our country. THIS IS B FIN S.

This is whats wrong. Not who won the election. It garbage like this so peoples "feelings" don't get hurt that cause reaction from a majority to yell in an uproar about how absoulty BEYOND IGNORANT this has become.

Taking God out of God Bless America is brilliant. Mess up a song thats been around forever so "everyone feels included". Learn to be tolerant ya bunch of PU****.

OOPS cant say the Pleadge of Alliegance in school. Athiests get offended. Well God Damn we wouldn't want to ruin your day because someone said God. Here go ahead and burn this trinket plastic cross, you will feel better. GET OVER IT.

Hmmm my favorite for my kids. No more grades at my kids school. REALLY. An F might hurt the childs feeling as the other kids are enjoying their A's or other higher grades earned on the test. No, give him a N. Need Improvement is easier to handle. Oh and you cannot have that A, Its an O OUTSTANDING!! Everyone feel good now? Good here we go. Poor Sally did not bring up her N for the year. But since her classmates are moving to the next grade, we won't hurt her self esteem because her friends move on yet she need to repeat the grade. We will let her move up and hope she catches up. GREAT now she learns there are no problems with poor work and better yet!!! SHE CANT READ. Well boy howdy.

I suppose next our children will not be allowed to say mother or father, mommy or daddy at school and must use something like parental unit because a child happens to have two female or two male parents and the child will get confused? I am not implying that I think a gay couple should not have children as long as they are loving custodians.

Where does it end? When we all end up walking zombies through the crazyness trying not to hurt anyones feelings so ALL speech is now censored? Its insane.

THE ALL TIME WINNER. This is just incredible. LETS let the ILLEGAL immigrants have access to our over crowded schools and give the some rights. WHAT. Here we have some poor soul who was unlucky enough to have a joint fall out of his pocket eating at a burger joint next to a couple of police officers. The guy probably goes to work every day and earns a living. YET HE IS IN JAIL WITH NO RIGHTS. Wow war on drugs. Meanwhile the people who ILLEGALLY entered our country and are STILL ILLEGAL get to use our tax dollars to go to school and have basic rights. NOW this is complete and utter 100% BULL SHI.

Its time to go back and reflect on how we became a country and no matter who you voted for come together as a nation and drill some serious old fashion American sleeve up get some work done with plans that WE as a whole want, that was our framework and tell these RICH " I feel your pain." Politicians where to stick it if they do not start listening to the people of this country again. Im sure his 12 million in his checking account understands my paycheck. Kick em all out of office if they don't want to see what the people want BACK in this US OF A.

I belive that I would vote for a guy who in his first speech stood up and said that he was in his past a drunk pot smoking beetnik that marched against a war and was honest about it as long as he or she had some CLUE as to what need to happen around here and came prepared with a preplaned cabinet and set of advisors who can help smooth over the foreign relations until that person was ready to work on problems outside of our country.

I live close D.C. and have easy access to the Senate buildings and House of Representitives ( the Peoples voice, my butt. Since when do most of the *people* have a few million laying around to campaign and pretend you are actually doing something all the while building glorious projects dedicated to the advancement of cow manuer? )

Write up something that a majority can agree upon and a petition and I will hand deliver that to each and every Congressman and Senators office that has a constituant on board.

People need to stir it up if you want it back. Its is time for the people to take our country back from greed and pork and lifetime politicians. Term limit time. They don't want to actually listen to what the people who make up the country want and instead enact laws that they think we need then kick em to the curb and make them ride the bus home.

[edit on 12/2/2004 by just_a_pilot]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Originally posted by df1

If it did make no sense whatever then how are you able to say what I am asking for.

No, students shouldn't confined to what Government wants them to teach, nor should they be influenced by the personal views of the teacher.

In my last post I mistakenly said that this was ridiculous, because I looked at the submitter's topic which was misleading and failed to note that the teacher was barred from teaching only the parts that included God, not the entire thing.

Wonderful, lets just go ahead a burn up pieces of our HISTORY as a NATION because some person does not feel comfortable eguating the word GOD to Allah or whatever they want it to mean. Oh man, guess all the Athiests are jumping for joy. Im not even sure if I belive in God, but I sure can say the word without my tounge falling out.

This is BULL SHI and I wish I could add the T. This kind of IGNORANT behaviour does nothing but drive a deep wedge between the majority of people and the few minority who cant adapt to what we were founded with and move on. To think I was getting miffed at the *WORLD* hating us. Well damn look at this crap comming out, we need to start looking at our country as a cohesive unit bonded by what our country is all about as a whole and not fret over every single individual who does not want to have a moment of silence at the begining of the school day because they cant hear anyone, but THINKS everyone is saying the lords prayer. If we do not stop dividing people up and not start acting as a UNITED people again, THIS COUNTRY WILL FAIL and I sure hope I am dead and 6 feet under when that disgrace happens because of selfish aholes who think the whole damn country revolves around them. ITS A REPUBLIC DAMNIT live with it and LEARN IT. We won't have to worry about being attacked because we are going to implode by ourselves. You know what, it is not the government to worry about, it is other people so self centered that a word bothers them. No worry about the government censoring us. We will do that all by ourselves as each word gets thrown out because someone is offended by it. Our evolution will be to mutate without mouths because our whole vocabulary is offensive to someone somewhere who wants to put his or her big fat head above the good of the rest of the country. Its happening faster than I realized just look at people so freaking traumatized by a womans breast flashed at the superbowl. Oh well lets pass some more restrictions for those who have a conniption over a body part. I want to know how many people out of the mllions who watched were so offended that they complained. Good grief, dont come to our Commonwealth of Virginia then as you may want to change our flag becuase the female on it has her boob out. Its not who was elected President that is the problem, its morons who belive their individual right is greater than the peoples will AND OUR OWN HISTORY. Well Jesus Christ this is just increadible. Give it a few years and we can start burning the Constitution and Bill of Rights with amendment by ammendment by one person who just wants attention by asking for something so GOD DAMN STUPID. Damn right somethings wrong and it is not the government. People better start looking at themselves and how they fit in our maze of a country or it will end because of ourselves not saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Anyone have a Valium handy?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
prince charles > political correctness.

i feel the same way about what is happening here in england. i hold my traditional conservative values close to me, but as usual, if we speak out we're just labelled another idiot / right-wing extremist.

swaying from the subject a little, although i'm not sure on the facts here, but didn't they ban the term "christmas tree" somewhere in some state, renaming it to a "holiday tree", in respect for everyones belief?

but as an agnostic christened CofE, God save the Queen!

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLUELol
prince charles > political correctness.

i feel the same way about what is happening here in england. i hold my traditional conservative values close to me, but as usual, if we speak out we're just labelled another idiot / right-wing extremist.

swaying from the subject a little, although i'm not sure on the facts here, but didn't they ban the term "christmas tree" somewhere in some state, renaming it to a "holiday tree", in respect for everyones belief?

but as an agnostic christened CofE, God save the Queen!

Well as I am begining to see our problem is not speaking up. Just let another right/word/slogan/picture go from the majority so no one is offended. Heck lets just break it up right here. The people who are so worried about hurt feelings and terrible words or a bare breast most likely could all fit on Eglin AFB. Give it to them and they will have their happy no one gets hurt because we turned ourselves into rote mimes because we don't want any encroachment on an individual that may feel slighted.........HAPPY SHANGRILA and welcome to the Politicaly Correct State of HappyBama motto: Don't worry you won't feel hurt but you are no longer an individual because we all must be exactly the same so no one is offended promised land. At least you would have a very pretty beach and a large airport if you dare to venture out of the bubble. We will donate a statue of David for your garden, loin cloth installed. Meanwhile the rest of us can go back to work undoing the bs left behind.

Oh there is no more Merry Christmas any where to be seen at least in my area. Nope to secular. Happy freakin holidays.

new topics

top topics

join