It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A nice demonstration that chemtrail = H2O

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I posted some pictures of the skies above my house this morning in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All the hallmarks of "chemtrails" from ordinary planes going over my busy part of southeast England.

Well, on the way to the train station this morning the skies served up an even better illustration that chemtrails are nowt but water. I had to jump off my bike and take a few pictures. Only iPhone shots, I'm afraid, but they do the job.

There we have some parallel spreading contrails and, right in the middle of one of them, a nice sun dog. (And as a bonus I captured one of those elusive green orbs over on the left!
)

Here's a closer picture. The vertical structure of the spreading contrail is nicely visible (showing that the sun dog is entirely formed by the contrail itself), as is another aircraft flying a parallel course and laying the next trail.

As we know, sun dogs are formed by refraction of sunlight by ice crystals. So...

edit on 2-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Are you sure ?. Are you absolutely sure ?

Are you really really sure you're sure

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 2-7-2014 by myselfaswell because: pesky missing ? mark

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

Aside the fact that TankerEnemy is a known hoaxer, I thought NaturalNews was also prohibited as source here at ATS...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: totallackey

Chill out mate.

The OP's statement, "As we know, sun dogs are formed by refraction of sunlight by ice crystals" is certainly true, however, there are many many other things that can do that. Maybe
chemtrails do that as well.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

Oh yes. I am absolutely sure.

I an also 100% sure that "Natural News" is nothing but a scare site designed to sell "alternative remedies" at vastly inflated prices. Not to mention drive clicks to adverts of fellow crank sites.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

a reply to: totallackey

Chill out mate.

The OP's statement, "As we know, sun dogs are formed by refraction of sunlight by ice crystals" is certainly true, however, there are many many other things that can do that. Maybe
chemtrails do that as well.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

Really? Come on then, name and shame these compounds that can create parhelia.

Give me refractive indices, give me PROOF. "Maybe" doesn't cut it. "Maybe" the contrails are big strings of cotton wool dragged by prancing unicorns.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Christ almighty, do I really have to spell this out.

What do you think that indicates.

Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Who knows - when it comes to chemtrailers, Poe's Law always comes into play. Any parody could be taken seriously

If you're just poking fun, I apologise.

However your post has given me an idea. From that photo it ought to be possible to identify the refractive index and therefore prove that it is ice.

When work allows, I'll have a go at crunching the numbers.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Poking fun, in a sense, as with all things the
is in the detail.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
As a part time photographer, scientist and someone who has been around for 47 years [in which I have looked up into the sky a lot] I can honestly say that I don't know what I am supposed to find strange about these pictures. There is nothing I can't explain by means of common established and logical science.

I WILL change my mind if ever there is proper, 100% unrefutable evidence for any sky shennanigans but alas there absolutely isn't.

Edit: To acknowledge that OP is also not believing in 'chemtrails', so I got that wrong somehow but of course my comment is still valid, sorry for misinterpreting OP

edit on 2-7-2014 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Chemicals are frozen into ice crystals for us to not discover them.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
As a part time photographer, scientist and someone who has been around for 47 years [in which I have looked up into the sky a lot] I can honestly say that I don't know what I am supposed to find strange about these pictures. There is nothing I can't explain by means of common established and logical science.

Precisely my point. There is NOTHING strange about them.

I am also a scientist (by training at any rate) and a keen photographer, and have an interest in meteorology and astronomy. I look at the sky a lot. "Chemtrails" are water ice, condensing out of the atmosphere onto ice crystals in aircraft exhausts.

Busy at work now but I'll have some hard numbers to back up what this photograph shows later on.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Chem trails are responsible for the sunny weather in the south east today, it was bloody hot when I got in my car but I looked up at the sky and thought.... "DAMN CONTRAILS MAKING IT A NICE DAY" what next.... whoops I said contrails didnt I.

I would take pictures of the sky aswell, but if Im outside too long I burn in makers flame.

Although I wish today I was on the beach or on the downs looking up at the sky cursing water vapor with you

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Oh Rob, I don't think you understand. Those sun dogs are evil.

Here, absolute proof!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48
a reply to: myselfaswell

However your post has given me an idea. From that photo it ought to be possible to identify the refractive index and therefore prove that it is ice.

When work allows, I'll have a go at crunching the numbers.

The file upload thing doesn't seem to work for me but there has been some work done on that

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

The hoax vid in your link, embedded here

The original vid used by the hoaxking Tanker Enemy

The original vid description

Published on Mar 12, 2011
This is the original unadulterated video that started all the fuss. It is completely authentic and no camera tricks were used. It is simply a couple of KC-10's in formation and the audio you hear is just us poking fun at all the "chemtrail" conspiratorists. I knew when I shot the video that this would be catnip for all the conspiratorists out there. Yeah, the contrails have an odd way of "starting" and "stopping" but that is easily explained with physics. It's no different than the lenticular clouds that form over a mountain or the fog that flows from an open freezer. So, stop being so gullible, kids. There are truely bad things in the world but this isn't one of them!

edit on 2-7-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: fixing jacked up post because i quoted the one that replied to the one i wanted to quote in the first place

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
As promised, I've now done the calculations on the original image posted above.

The image was taken using the main (back) camera of my iPhone 5.

According to this source, the horizontal field of view of this camera is 56.3 degrees.

Now, the biggest source of error in my working here is finding the exact centre of the highly overexposed image of the sun (you can see the actual size of the sun's disc by the size of the "orb-like" lens reflection over to the left of the original image. To do this more accurately I used the crossing point of the two strongest lens flares caused by this image (drawn in with pink lines in the image below).

I then used Photoshop's Ruler function to measure the distance from the centre of the sun to the inner edge of the sun dog (again, there are a few pixels of margin for error here as the inner edge is not sharply defined).

(Click the image for full size version.)

Length of ruler is 1270 pixels (shown in the red oval in the toolbar)

Horizontal size of original image is 3264 pixels (as shown in Image Size window overlay)

Therefore the angle from the centre of the sun to the inner edge of the sun dog = 1270/3264 x 56.3 = 21.91 degrees.

The expected angle for a sun dog caused by ice crystals in the atmosphere is 22 degrees.

Actually, to be strictly accurate, it is 21.84 degrees.

Given the margins for measurement error, I'd say QED

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
That's for a halo though, not a sun dog

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrthumpy
That's for a halo though, not a sun dog

That is a good point. Sun angle at the time I took the photo (approx 8.40am BST) would have been approximately 30 degrees.

Based on the illustrations on that page, the theoretical sun dog position would be maybe two or three degrees further from the sun. Given the pretty large uncertainties in placing the ruler at either end (you'll see I measured right to the innermost visible point of red light, rather than the centre of the sun dog) I still think it's a pretty good demonstration that this contrail is ice, unless anybody else can come up with an alternative chemical and do the maths...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join