It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About the ... U.S. Customs and Border Protection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

With more than 60,000 employees, CBP is one of the world's largest law enforcement organizations and is charged with keeping terrorists and their weapons out of the U.S. while facilitating lawful international travel and trade.

As the world's first full-service border entity, CBP takes a comprehensive approach to border management and control, combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity.

The men and women of CBP are responsible for enforcing hundreds of U.S. laws and regulations. On a typical day, CBP welcomes nearly 1 million visitors, screens more than 67,000 cargo containers, arrests more than 1,100 individuals and seizes nearly 6 tons of illicit drugs.

MISSION

We are the guardians of our nation's borders. We are America's frontline.

We safeguard the American homeland at and beyond our borders.

We protect the American public against terrorists and the instruments of terror.

We steadfastly enforce the laws of the United States while fostering our nation's economic security through lawful international trade and travel.

We serve the American public with vigilance, integrity and professionalism.

CORE VALUES

Vigilance is how we ensure the safety of all Americans. We are continuously watchful and alert to deter, detect and prevent threats to our nation. We demonstrate courage and valor in the protection of our nation.

Service to Country is embodied in the work we do. We are dedicated to defending and upholding the Constitution of the United States. The American people have entrusted us to protect the homeland and defend liberty.

Integrity is our cornerstone. We are guided by the highest ethical and moral principles. Our actions bring honor to ourselves and our agency.

News from CBP

July 1, 2014 | Local Media Release CBP seizes counterfeit World Cup Apparel in Puerto Rico

July 1, 2014 | Local Media Release Travel Advisory – ND Highway 256 Road Closure - Rerouting of all Traffic at the Antler, North Dakota, Port of Entry

June 27, 2014 | Local Media Release Dulles CBP Seizes 24 Pounds of Undeclared, Prohibited Meat from Cameroon Concealed in Fish

About CBP

-
QUESTION #1: Do YOU ... Believe Them or Not ???

AND

QUESTION #2: Is the U.S.A. ... Getting Its Money's Worth?

OBSERVATION: Seeing "60,000 [adult] employees" ( i.e. the size of a small city ), you would think there would be enough activity to fill a sizeable weekly newspaper.

edit on 1-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: How about a ... "Self Evaluation" ???

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
DHS Deploys 150 Border Agents to Rio Grande Sector to Deal with Crisis

Homeland Security Sec. Jeh Johnson announced the "immediate deployment" of approximately 150 Border Patrol agents to the area of the border seeing the most traffic of unaccompanied illegal immigrant minors.

-
OBSERVATION: From "60,000 employees" ???

OPINION: A Work-n-Progress: ... Another FED-Resignation.

edit on 1-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne

QUESTION #1: Do YOU ... Believe Them or Not ???

AND

QUESTION #2: Is the U.S.A. ... Getting Its Money's Worth?

OBSERVATION: Seeing "60,000 [adult] employees" ( i.e. the size of a small city ), you would think there would be enough activity to fill a sizeable weekly newspaper.

Nope, don't believe them and the US is not getting its money's worth.

I was detained at the US border for three hours when I was going down to see Senator Bob and the State Director for New Hampshire to go ocean fishing off Cape Cod, bit of a drive but that's where they kept the boat. I didn't bring any fishing gear, because I generally only go fresh water fishing, but I had my laptop and briefcase(oh noos). So I am driving down there in a brand new Firebird LT1 convertible with long hair and an eye patch (aaaargh Billy, I be the Director of Particle Physics Research, but I have Uveitis, an eye disease), so they went through the entire car, stripped interior panels, went through my briefcase and laptop, etc. and of course found nothing untoward, except an invite to go fishing from the State Director.

Then this dickhead CBA comes to me and says, "You're going to New Hampshire to do business, aren't you?" And I said, "No, not doing businesses, I am going fishing, the invitation is in my briefcase." To which he said, "I see that, but I know you're going down to do business, tell me you're going down to do business and I'll let you go." Well, I refused again, but it didn't help. Finally after another two and half hours of this clown "needling" me, I figured screw it, I won't make the boat if this keeps up and said, "Fine I am going fishing, but I am going to talk business as well." And he let me go. Stupid idiots.

So, this asshat wasted three hours of my time, three hours of his and two other guy's time (taking apart my car) and risked seriously pissing off the senator in charge of defense and the state director, so they like to waste time, money and take huge risks with their futures.

Funny though, last time I went down for a national security infrastructure project, I was G7'd, given some weird diplomatic immunity, but that was only a few years ago, go figure?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Thank you Farley. A wonderful, eloquent mission statement
that is for sure.
I'm also curious if the counterfeit WC gear had any people
filling it in, so to speak... or were the garments empty?
Oh ok, I went back to the article and NM.. just clothes.

Lastly, I see 24 pounds of undeclared, prohibited meat on
just the left leg of one drifter toting a kitchen bag and
case of H1N1. Check.

What about the other twenty or thirty tons hitting the
depot looking to sign in daily in Tejas? They're going
to end up in GP or quarantine too, but where are they going?

I'm beginning to see a personnel gap between Border
Patrol and Border Protection... and they both work for
the HSA. Well I guess in the lack of a final analysis the
clotheslining of some bushel of prohibited fish trumps
stemming the tsunami of disease flowing in.

If these guys have different badges, does that mean somebody
working CBP would explode like a cherry bomb if he got assigned
to a guard tower instead of a roadside bizarre? No Typo, priceless.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Not that you're on a list, but just maybe the A-hat
that detained you is working on some twisted kind
of incentive-- wherein if somebody actually gets
cracked later for anything, there's a brownie
point for the agency. I'm convinced there's a quota
system just to keep the warm beings distributed for
maximum inconvenience to the useful population.

So if he gets to push your ball over on the abacus, and
anything at all happens later: even when it's not you:
the knuckledraggers justify their subsistence.

And I'll never buy bass strings in Montreal again, so help me.

EDIT:: So good I almost missed it. "... huge risks with their
futures." Not only a paragraph describing Gate-o-Creeper
on one's resume-- but some generation or so of defrosting
one's socks with wideband microwave up at Barrow.ROFL
edit on 2-7-2014 by derfreebie because: And the Colonel has left the building.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Just to make sure it's clear, those 60,000 CBP employees span the entirety of the United States border, not just Canada and Mexico. Some even further inland. For example, in Texas there are CBP checkpoints at various points on the highways, some up to 100 miles from the actual border.

And obviously, not all of the 60,000 CBP employees are actual officers patrolling anything. Some are administrative, HR, legal, etc.

new topics

top topics

join