It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock Simulator 2014 Coming Soon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
No not that rock , this rock...

Over recent times I've brought you news of the mighty Goat Simulator and the highly anticipated Bear Simulator but now news has emerged of a new kid on the rock ... err I mean block , a simulator so big it can only be described as Megalithic , Rock Simulator 2014 coming to a PC near you soon.

The developers say the game will be free to play but it remains to be seen if micro transactions will be used for little extras like pebbles or moss.

For a long time, there has been one game missing from the market, a genuine rock simulator. I am here for you today to introduce you to Rock Simulator 2014. This simulator is a rock enthusiasts dream. You can watch beautiful rocks in any location in the world. From grass plains to salt flats, there are dozens of hand designed BEAUTIFUL environments.
steamcommunity.com...

edit on 1-7-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder; What's next?

Empty space simulator?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

Empty space simulator?

You may want to copyright that new Intellectual Property

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That looks incredibly dull.

I'll stick with Bioschock and Call of Duty, thank you.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Bioshock I can agree with but I'd rather play rock simulator than Call of Duty.
I think it's more of a comment on the sim trend at the moment than a replacement for what you're playing now , It'll be free so it could be good for a laugh although I doubt it'll be anywhere near Goat Simulators greatness... rocks don't have tongues.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The graphics are amazing! That rock looks so realistic! I wonder if this will spawn the return of the pet rock. God I loved that thing. It died. I've never been good with pets.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think I'm good with an actual rock. They're fairly common. As far as games go, Tetris and Robotron are good enough for me.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The good old days when games actually meant something...or had a purpose. This one, I'm not so sure.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleVortex

You must've never played certain games that came out for Atari right before it went bust.

Or Shaq-Fu

edit on 1-7-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
OMG

Someone call Arken !!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snaffers
OMG

Someone call Arken !!

lol i was going to say that

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Reminds me a of a song called "Seattle Grunge Rock Blues" by Todd Snyder.

"We decided to be the only band that wouldn't play" and "Silence; music's original alternative". Just slightly adapted to video games.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
When i saw rock simulator i thought it was going to be a bunch guys hanging out on the corner with pipes mugging people.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
.... bet they make a buncha money on indie gogo...

pretty sure its a joke aiming at the Goat simulator folks...

PROPS to the guy who made it. the little wireframe shot really makes it.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
The funny part is there are somebody somewhere out there who will actually play this game and get a kick out of it. I know in japan burger joint simulators were popular for a time, I think the premise was you were supposed to serve out burgers or something, but then again its japan and that is the least wackiest thing there.

To me however this game it sounds kind of boring. For some reason simulating a rock does not sound like all its cracked up to be. I get bored when I play the latest COD games or games with nothing but constant action going on the screen, and I cant even stand sports games dont even know how people always play the latest madden NFL or the latest baseball or basketball games, in fact I even fell asleep once while playing basketball, we were playing for about an hour or so then all of sudden I felt this immediate overwhelming "ah this is boring" force overtake me in the middle of running and jumping for the ball, I then proceeded to go to the side lay on the grass and watch the game, then I woke up about an hour latter.

I mean sure this game sounds like it rocks. But what is the premise and plot of it? Can we at the very least simulate being a more complex and fancy rock such as algate or a calcite, oh maybe even simulate being a dolomite and quartzite rock formation? Now its starting to sound like it might have promise, imagine just standing around for hundreds to millions of years just being a rock and doing rock things? What fun.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology
lol played the game. Even went to a friends house and played that game for a whole afternoon back when I was a kid. Back in the day shaq fu was the talk of the neighborhood all the kids were copying and learning shaq fu kicking and punching the air like the characters in the game, it was the next best thing since street fighter. Nah just joking the game it was one of those things were it was so bad, that somehow it was good.

There even making a sequel to the game, it looks its going to be just as hilarious as the first.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Nah, i'll pass. Ginger Bread Boy got car mechanic simulator, and thats enough for me

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa
I can't help but wonder; What's next?

Empty space simulator?

Actually its Grass simulator.

gamerant.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'd like to see development tools for video games actually fall into the hands of talented people. I'm tellin' ya, the wrong people are in control of everything.....

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'm pumped! Can not wait to play it! lol

top topics

join