It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why must we all trust in only faith? And how do the people who know, know?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Words incoming
edit on 30-6-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

All my life I have strived to know Jesus, and I'm 99.9 % sure I have contacted him. (refer to my first thread on ATS ever)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, I am unable to ascertain a true interaction with Jesus from a psychosomatic healing reaction.

ATS has thrown my religious standing into a loop.

How come God can't DIRECTLY and personally address his most heartfelt believers?

I would be such a diehard fighter for Christ if he directly came to me in a dream or spoke to me in the sky or something! I still am! But it's all faith, which can come into question if your not feeling fully confident in your beliefs.

edit on 30-6-2014 by GoShredAK because: Fixing

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Because some things are real weather you believe in them or not.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

Can you please name a few

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I don't have much faith or hope pertaining to anything religious. There are too many people out there who are convinced in their beliefs beyond the point of reason or logic. And that can be anything from a small cult, to something as large as the Catholic church. Probability-wise, a vast majority of religions and philosophies are wrong. There's a whole lot of conflict in regards to what's truth and what isn't. Doesn't seem like everyone can be right. Yet, there are die-hard followers in many, many religions, and philosophies around the world. And they swear up and down in their beliefs, they've experienced this, and witnessed that. I don't have the audacity or nerve to go around claiming I've found all of the answers. Which is why I remain non-religious. Perhaps agnostic, but that's iffy.

At the end of the day, people will believe what they want to believe. If it meets their needs and interests, their going to believe it now matter what. As long as I'm not condescended to, or have it pushed on me, I could really care less. Though I've never quite understood zeal. That's something that raises my eyebrow.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse

Can you please name a few

The sun rising and falling. An apple falling. Microwave ovens. Airplanes. Math. Science.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

It's my understanding that it's because God is perfect and without flaw. And, because of the fact that humans are born in sin, we are unable to be in His presence in this, our current, form...

Christ was God in the flesh though, and could interact with us. And, when He ascended to the Heavens, He sent His Holy Spirit to interact with us, on His behalf. Perhaps you should ask the Holy Spirit to give you the sign that you require. Or, you could simply take it on Faith, while continuing your journey and growing your belief.

I, personally, have experienced wonderous signs when I needed them most. But, not every time that I asked for them.
I have asked the Lord, through Christ, to grant you what you need at this crucial point in your life.

Be strong and seek out those who will not waver in their faith. For they will be your strength in your time of need.

God bless!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Christianity is just one of many controls mechanisms of the ancient world. It's the ultimate big brother. A 24/7 video camera who sees all you do and think . So act how we tell you or you'll be tortured for all eternity..... Oh and if your really faithful you'll send money.

If you want proof there isn't any, oh and don't forget anything that contradicts what we tell you is the devil trying to confuse you.

It's brilliant really, the most ingenious control mechanism known to man.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Do you confess your sins before you talk to God (1John1:9)? All believers in Christ are priests, representing themselves before God. As in the days of the Levitical Priesthood, so today; citation of known sins remains a vital funcion in the Royal Priesthood of the Church Age. It makes all the difference to me.(This is not the same as Catholicism)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

All my life I have strived to know Jesus . . .
What do you mean by "know"?

Is it an intellectual thing, or do you mean that you want Jesus to do something as part of a personal relationship?

You mention "praying" in the OP of the other thread you started 6 months ago.

What is the purpose of these prayers?

What I suspect is that you may be asking for something that really isn't high priority on Jesus' agenda.

If you look at the gospels, what you find is a person who wants other people to go out of their way to go out and evangelize in his name.

I think that if you were doing that, working at bringing people to Jesus, then Jesus would come to you in a very real way, in order to help you in your preaching the gospel,

If you are just looking for benefits that an all-powerful entity should be capable of giving out, then maybe Jesus isn't really interested in those wants.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

You are too blinded by modern day "religion". It's a total farce. What you call God does not exist in the way that you believe he does. Christianity is about being a slave to the ideals set forth by what is written in the Bible. The Bible, by the way, just consists of metaphors that have been interpreted a thousand different ways, and everyone is convinced that their interpretation is the right one. No matter how closely you look at it, it's mostly just a bunch of BS dressed up as the "word of God" to make you live in fear.

Look in to Eastern philosophies like Buddhism and related ideologies.The closest thing you will find to proof is what you find in yourself, but trust me, it doesn't come easily.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Are you sure you understand faith ? many of us can be confused about what faith is ,in fact there are many opinions on the subject .

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

How come God can't DIRECTLY and personally address his most heartfelt believers?

HE does, but perhaps you're expecting something in human form... or an actual person...

God speaks to people every day... but most don't hear him

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The essence of faith is trust.
Not having absolute grounds for certainty is part of the definition.

edit on 1-7-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Christianity is just one of many controls mechanisms of the ancient world. It's the ultimate big brother. A 24/7 video camera who sees all you do and think . So act how we tell you or you'll be tortured for all eternity..... Oh and if your really faithful you'll send money.

If you want proof there isn't any, oh and don't forget anything that contradicts what we tell you is the devil trying to confuse you.

It's brilliant really, the most ingenious control mechanism known to man.

I couldn't agree more. All man made organisations are corrupt and controlling, even those built around beliefs.

Jesus says the same thing in the gospels. He despised religions for the exact same reasons. He warns against them in all forms. Belief is a personal thing to be shared with like minded people. Its not for profit making and control like ALL man made organisations....not just religous ones.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
The NT was written by the Greeks. It is mythology pure and simple. I was raised baptist but always had an issue with a god that had to resort to violence ie crucify his own son in order to save his own creation. Jesus was a Nazarene which if you do your research comes from Buddhism. Try not to be controlled by what men say and look inside yourself. Luke 17.21 Jesus states the kingdom of heaven is within you. Matthew 6:22 the light of the body is the eye, therefore if thine eye be single, your body will fill with light. Jesus, Krishna, Buddha all the same. God is within all of us through meditation you can talk with the spirit. Mother Teresa was once asked what do you say when you pray to god? She answered nothing I listen. She was then asked what does god say to you? She stated nothing he listens. I would suggest you free yourself from all religious dogmas if you want to hear a great preacher YouTube Bill Donahue and watch his videos. Peace.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60
What I suspect is that you may be asking for something that really isn't high priority on Jesus' agenda.

Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient and yet can't set aside a moment to verify his existence for a follower who needs him. Sounds like a weak excuse to me.

If you look at the gospels, what you find is a person who wants other people to go out of their way to go out and evangelize in his name.

I think that if you were doing that, working at bringing people to Jesus, then Jesus would come to you in a very real way, in order to help you in your preaching the gospel,

If you are just looking for benefits that an all-powerful entity should be capable of giving out, then maybe Jesus isn't really interested in those wants.

So you suggest going out and preaching to others in an attempt to bring them to something which even they themselves don't know and cannot verify on their own?!?!? Is that not the best example of the blind leading the blind??? Is that not suggesting that he go out and become a False Witness of God???
edit on 1-7-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

HE does, but perhaps you're expecting something in human form... or an actual person...

God speaks to people every day... but most don't hear him

Whatever form or whatever is expected shouldn't matter. God would have the power to make himself known to whomever he was trying to make himself known, whatever way that may be. He would have the power to easily make sure you actually knew it was him and would remember it. If he can't, then I'd say he falls short of the definition of God. If he won't then he chooses not to and again I'd say that in making such a choice he falls short of the definition of God.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Whatever form or whatever is expected shouldn't matter. God would have the power to make himself known to whomever he was trying to make himself known, whatever way that may be. He would have the power to easily make sure you actually knew it was him and would remember it.

I'll refer you to my previous statement...

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I'll refer you to my previous statement...

Which one was that???

Not this one is it???

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

can you at least understand the incredulousness of someone who is rather skeptical about all things religion? when someone is trying to convince you that their god is real and in one breath expounds how their god is omnipotent and omniscient and in the next breath go on to talk about how god is so mysterious and he communicates in ways we least expect. It just sounds less plausible than Santa Claus coming down the chimney to me. If god is all knowing and all powerful he should have the ability to make his message clear and concise and be all about a show of power to evidence his greatness and his reality. It seems counter productive to me to be so mysterious if you want everyone in the universe to believe in you and accept your divinity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join