It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleopatra did not commit suicide

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: uncommitted

No I don't actually, you are implying the sexism. Palin can hardly blame anyone but herself for coming across as stupid - I'm not aware of the same being commonly thought of Hilliary Clinton.

if there's not a problem, how come we are one of the few places left on the earth, that hasn't had a female president/leader?

Wow, don't you have issues you need to address? You said women associated with the white house were seen as being stupid, I said that appears to be mainly Palin.

With the exception of Clinton if she decides to run next time, I'm personally not aware of any credible female candidates in the recent past, but then I'm not American so I can't really say it's something I know the most about.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

not aware of any credible female candidates

that's kinda my point. lol

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you meant there have been credible candidates but they hadn't been selected.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you meant there have been credible candidates but they hadn't been selected.

the credible part is interpreted locally, and at the level of the media and other organizations. a brilliant female from democrats will be attacked by the right. a brilliant female from republicans will be attacked by the left, to the point of delving into her sex life and the sex life of her kids. normally, that same thing happens to male contenders, however, it sticks harder and has more moral import when its a woman. women are put on pedestals like barbie dolls and expected to not lose their shiny hairdos, virginal goddess status and so forth. ya know what i mean. i know you do.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

the credible part is interpreted locally, and at the level of the media and other organizations. a brilliant female from democrats will be attacked by the right. a brilliant female from republicans will be attacked by the left, to the point of delving into her sex life and the sex life of her kids. normally, that same thing happens to male contenders, however, it sticks harder and has more moral import when its a woman. women are put on pedestals like barbie dolls and expected to not lose their shiny hairdos, virginal goddess status and so forth. ya know what i mean. i know you do.

No, not really, I guess that's down to where you live.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

back on topic to illustrate what i'm saying about women in leadership positions:

the researchers at the end of the video, suggest her brother erased all her engravings as it was political expedient. well doh.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

back on topic to illustrate what i'm saying about women in leadership positions:

the researchers at the end of the video, suggest her brother erased all her engravings as it was political expedient. well doh.

Pharoahs often erased the names of predecessors, to assume it would be different in this case is a little naive?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

how often?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

how often?

The Egyptian Book of the Dead directs those traveling to the underworld to confront the demons that guard the gates by telling them, “Make a way for me, for I know you, I know your name,” before continuing on their journey to the afterlife. Names in Egyptian culture have an innate power, and can be a means of control. With your name erased from history you weren't getting to the afterlife.

Thutmose III erased all records of Hathshepsut
Amenhotep II erased all records of his queens as well as titles for other powerful women in the royal court
Akhenaten, who is most famous for introducing monotheism to Egyptian society and religion, as well as several of his successors who continued monotheism as a state sanctioned practice, were also wiped out so completely that it wasnt until the 19th century that archaeologists realized they were missing a huge chunk of the 18th dynasty.
It even continues into the modern era when a court in Cairo ordered that all images and the names of Hosni Mubarek and his wife be removed from all public works.

When you consider the length of Egyptian history and number of rulers they had, over a few millennia it wasnt a high percentage of pharaohs that this happened to. It was however done and a well known practice.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
from the same source I gave earlier about kleopatra, one of her nearest people, paid 2000 talanda (a coin of that age) to ceasar, so her name and statues to be protected. So they did destroyed Antonios, but they kept safe Kleopatras.

So if they destroyed them, it happened much later, during dark ages. Because during Plutarchs lifespan around 40ac and 120 ac, Kleopatras grave and statues where in excellent condition.

Here it is, you can use a translator..

[9] Και τα αγάλματα του Αντωνίου κατακρεμίστηκαν ενώ της Κλεοπάτρας διατηρήθηκαν στη θέση τους, επειδή ο Αρχίβιος. ένας από τους φίλους της, προσέφερε στον Καίσαρα δυο χιλιάδες τάλαντα για να μην έχουν την ίδια τύχη με τα αγάλματα του Αντωνίου.

I made with bold the name of the guy who gave the bucks to Ceasar and the ammount of money.

edit: google translation is no the best, an example.

1) And the statues of Antony and Cleopatra precipitated kept in place because Archivios.
2) Και τα αγάλματα του Αντωνίου κατακρεμίστηκαν ενώ της Κλεοπάτρας διατηρήθηκαν στη θέση τους, επειδή ο Αρχίβιος.

above is the original and the google translation... The original translation is :

And the statues of Antony shattered/precipitated but Kleopatras preserved in their place, because Archivios...

So I dont know why google translation avoids words and grammar...
edit on 5-7-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

well i think it might be useful to research the person who paid the money to protect her statues.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join