It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All but four nations are subject to NSA surveillance – new Snowden leak

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The reason the US does not spy on the British Commonwealth is because the the US spies FOR the British Commonwealth.

The US is a pitbull on a long leash.
edit on 30-6-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
I don't get it.

According to the Post, the NSA’s computers automatically filter out phone calls from Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand that would otherwise be collected using FISA. Even those nations, however, aren’t entirely sparred.

Why those four? I would have thought countries like Bali?
Not entirely "sparred", means just that.

go learn geography...

as for why those 4 countries it is pretty clear why.

they already have or can get any information from other sources.

they don't have to spy on those 4 countries.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: demus

…they already have or can get any information from other sources.

Thanks for answering my dumb question so nicely. "Go learn geography", sheesh…
edit on 1-7-2014 by intrptr because: changed

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Bali is not a country, that is what I wanted to point out.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: demus

Bali is not a country, that is what I wanted to point out.

Oh, thanks. I didn't know that.

Indonesia is a country of islands. Bali is one of the provinces that make up the Indonesian archipelago. Bali is situated between the islands of Java and Lombok in the south-east of the country. Denpasar is the capital of Bali.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
My question ... WHY is this stuff supposedly trickling out like this. A handful of info here .. a handful of into there. Why didn't it all just come out? The only reason for a tickle that i can think of is to keep things in the news ... keep Snowden in the news. It just doesn't seem right to me. If I had the info I would have done a major info dump and let it all out. This drizzle of info .... it's not sitting right with me.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It seems an addiction they can't resist. I mean this is the second, not first time we've seen this game played by people on the outside who suddenly, shockingly, find themselves holding enough in information to be on the inside for consequence of their actions.

That's where it seems to go south. Manning released a mountain to Wikileaks and how long was that dribbled out in pieces (and honestly still IS when I think of some encrypted files that sit there to taunt the CT community). They finally blew the full load all over the world press like a dump truck of doom on a friendly picnic but even that had to become something negative and nasty by the biggest dump being the most reckless with un-redacted copies they simply said something like "ooops..." about afterward. (I'm sure a few people died after those, with a lot more than oops on their lips for having been IN them)

I couldn't have faulted them...had they just docu-dumped. Once they take conscious and deliberate control of release as an orchestrated thing tho? They get to own any negative that comes from how it's done.

Snowden's data (if he honestly has ANY control at all now in how it comes out, personally) is being played with far far worse than Manning's data was. Outright saying now, it'll be directly used to interfere with events far larger than the pieces of junk being thrown into the gears with unpredictable results.

I wish they'd either destroy the lot of it, or docu-dump it without bias, prejudiced or preference to who is dinged or how badly. The truth is something to share...or it's not truth anymore, but selective glimpses to achieve a specific end.

They've become what they started out as sworn to fight against. (much like those they fight once did, as well)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
Lies. The entire surface of the Earth is subject to surveillance.

Wonder how shocked the NSA & Co. are going to be, when they realise and discover that everything they have said, written and communicated for the last 20 years...has been recorded and is archived in it's petabytes.

Pretty shocked i'd imagine.

We know there are rogue elements in Government departments and publicly funded NGOs and in large corporations, we collectively call these 'black budget programmes' or simply 'black ops / shadow groups'.

I'm inclined to think that some high level people who are aware of, but are not part of these 'shadow groups' are not resting on their laurels. Existence prefers balance, nature abhors a vacuum and all that, so all things being equal there are hidden counters to every shadow group and action they plan.

The yin to their yang, the light to their dark, the reaction to their action.

The NSA is spying on everone, but i suspect not everyone is simply and meakly passively allowing it to go on without a counter programme being carried out on them.

There might well be some shocking revelations on the cards in the near future, but it might not necessarily come from whom we'd expect if there is indeed a coalition or group actively playing and beating these shadow folks at their own game.

We haven't heard about this counter coalition of course, but is that because their isn't one...or because they are better at what they do and manage to remain undiscovered?

I supppose time will tell.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
Interesting, the 4 echelon participating countries.

It wouldnt surprise me if the whole snowden leaks fair was planned by the us government in the first place.

Ringa - DINGA get the prime rib slightly thicker
than my Brother-in Law! Game show Grand Mal
light show and yup.... seems like a limited hangout
op from all the earth shaking tidbits doesn't it?
After how long, we're getting common knowledge
from years ago but off the MSM camera.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well the Australian population has been manipulated since World War Two to be very low as they realized back then we are the only island continent. Guess were all the .0001%'s are coming once the zombie virus is released...
This is the real reason we don't have our phones raped by NSA.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I guess I have just gotten cynical to the point that any opposition to TPTB and the inevitable fate that seems to be waiting patiently, seems to be little more than hopeful window dressing for those of us that actually care about such things. Part of me realizes that this is tantamount to giving in and just accepting that which comes, while yet another part of me hopes that such a gesture might just maybe mean TPTB aren't quite the bad guys we usually perceive them to be, and that the world is already a fairly messed up place and they might have truly good intentions at heart.

Then I laugh at myself and wonder why I don't remember drinking any Kool Aid, Blue Pill, or other something that would explain such bizarre rumblings going on in my head. I suppose it's just the usual desperate self-deception to make things seem less bad or that I have some hope.

The whole stage play that goes on - especially If reported or covered by the mainstream media - almost seems to something I remember or realize on some level as being the put on show that many of us suspect it to be. And if I start doubting this, I just remember the old saying about Military Industrial Complex technology and how far ahead of public knowledge and awareness it usually is. And whether it is 20 or 50 years ahead, the inescapable conclusion is that if something is actually going on in the world, then TPTB have allowed it to occur. That's why I take an unusual view ( sometimes ) of false flags like S H and B B - in that if no one really was hurt and no one really was off'd that maybe - maybe - someone in some position of power has decided to go about achieving their goals without actually harming or killing innocent people, at least not in the FF itself. Perhaps 911 got to them, or perhaps some other faction is in control right now, or perhaps I have finally just gone off the deep end from the stress and worry of it all! :-)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

So if some dodgy known terrorist is saudi phones up someone in London or Auckland,the NSA won't get the data as its been "automatically filtered out" as the article says...
Hmmm,I do not buy that for a dollar.
That would just be silly...So they may "filter out" call from those 4 countries,but I bet they keep the data anyway-It would go against their mission to leave gaping holes in their intel like that IMO.
It would be considered stupid,and rightly so.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join