It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the earth round or flat a nasa video seems to show flat, you decide?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

I believe you have completely misunderstood my post! I am implying exactly the same point as you- fish eye lens.
and I use the term Nasa as an obvious reference as it's called that in the video.

I am no flat-earther... it's round, very round infact

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: constant_thought

Sorry I wasn't replying to you as such. Just that your post had a working link to the video!

My point was to whoever created this video...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
OP and the video poster are idiots that do not know what wide angle lenses are..... both have probably never left their home town, let alone flown in an airplane.
edit on 30/6/14 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

No offense OP but im really really taken aback that this is even a thought........

Pics from space pretty much settle that hairbrained idea of flat eart

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Re: "He fell off"

I was having an evening cup and my monitor got sprayed... just a little... but it doesn't happen too much lately... so thanks, sir... thanks.

ETA: I love peoples responses to ludicrous ideas... and on this site, it's odd to see someone explain their encounter with a ghost or alien on one page, and then deride someone for their loony idea on the next... but in their defense, the flat Earth is as loony as it gets... one step loonier than hollow-Earthers... but two steps below Nazis in saucers on the moon and/or Antartica... I should construct a chart...

edit on 6/30/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetxIsComing

Gee, a troll thread. Your links do not work. I think you need to go back to school. SMDH

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Seriously, for even you to post this shows no thinking what so ever in what you call a brain.a reply to: PlanetxIsComing

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Listen ats I know the world is round and not flat we all know that there are strange people that upload stupid videos and this was one of them, thanks for all your hilarious comments and as far as i'm comcerned this thread is now closed and i will not be making any further comments

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar

originally posted by: Lucifer84
It has been removed, it must be true then....

I firmly believe the world is round however, I have not seen it myself. I'm not talking about the curvature that can be seen I'm talking about seeing earth fully round.

Its not like we just fly up and find out for ourselves

This post says a great deal. People all the time are regurgitating information they have heard or read as 'fact' despite not having found out any facts for themselves. Even those that consider themselves 'smart' are only repeating what others have said and don't actually KNOW anything at all. NOT so smart i say.
A huge amount of what any of us know has been TOLD to us. We have no proof of anything.

Starred!

Quoted for Truth!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetxIsComing

Listen ats I know the world is round and not flat we all know that there are strange people that upload stupid videos and this was one of them, thanks for all your hilarious comments and as far as i'm comcerned this thread is now closed and i will not be making any further comments

Oh no you don't, you've got some calming to do. Many of us flat-earthers are now concerned about Planet X, which Is Coming, and what will happen when it bounces into earth. Will it roll around on the surface, or just hit kind of sideways and roll right off? Thanks. Signed, Worried in Western Wales.

Sharing a picture an astronaut Uncle of mine took, which was surpressed by NASA but he slipped it into his pocket on the way out. Now these clowns on this thread can eat their hats, hang their heads, and apologize.

edit on 1-7-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
There's a hugh following of flat earth believers? Really? I never heard that. That's too funny. a reply to: PlanetxIsComing

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Hey!! I believe in hollow earth!

I believe Olaf's story, Admiral Bird and The Smokey God is a great book. I'm being serious. I think there's something to that. But flat earth? never!!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Apologies... for all I know that Byrd story is completely correct, and all data/science about the geology of Earth is wrong- or incomplete)... but my money is on geology... not to say I didn't look into it as it's a great story... and not to say there isn't plenty of room in the Earth's mantle for all sorts of caverns... and not to say I don't think we likely host an other civilization or two here... so my musings are just as "loony" as others...

Skoal... (raises glass) "to the loonies..."

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: Fylgje

Skoal... (raises glass) "to the loonies..."

aye, Skoal... (raises giraffe) "to the loonies"

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Aye, "to the loonies" *raises Aleister*

edit on 1-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
Ya it's got to be flat...it only make sense. I mean the one reason I won't travel to Antarctica is the fear I have that I will just fall of the planet since I will be travelling upside down

True..true...and the only reason I can't see New York from New Zealand is the pollution......

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

you idiot - you cannot see NYC from new Zealand cos the andes mountain range is in the way

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Not if I look the other way

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I just want this post to reflect that my former post was in a light-hearted way and in no way di I have an angry finger when I wrote it, so no need for apologies, friend!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join