It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the earth round or flat a nasa video seems to show flat, you decide?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

originally posted by: TiM3LoRd
What the holy hell?

Its not even the first of April..??

How could this even possibly exist as a theory..

This is like saying water isnt wet but dry???
wtf?

I'm such a dumbass...this is a troll post lol...you got me.

What about dehydrated water? Isn't that dry?

Almost as good as boiled ice
edit on 30-6-2014 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I nominate this thread idea the worst of 2014 so far...
Anyone second that?

Sorry OP but you've brought it on yourself.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
This theory is designed to put down the hollow earth theory.

But in reality, since the earth is hollow with an inner sun, it cannot be flat.

However, actually since the hologram universe is now , settled scienceeverything is actually flat, on a screen that flickers in front of our eyes. We then process the info into a 3d model and 'believe' that it is round.

Great thread.
I hope more people wake up and realize that Nostradamus was spot on.

Ya I've heard that before but how can we prove a theory like this? We can't. That's why we go with the very logical answer that it is round.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetxIsComing
The only reason there is a difference and the only thing I could accuse NASA of doing is bigging up the jump by using a wide angle fish eye lens, giving the illusion of a higher altitude than it actually was.
The more drastic the curve the further away from Earth you would appear to be, making this feat seem much more impressive than seeing it from his actual viewpoint with a relatively flat horizon (but still curved might I add)

Link to video

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucifer84
It has been removed, it must be true then....

I firmly believe the world is round however, I have not seen it myself. I'm not talking about the curvature that can be seen I'm talking about seeing earth fully round.

Its not like we just fly up and find out for ourselves

This post says a great deal. People all the time are regurgitating information they have heard or read as 'fact' despite not having found out any facts for themselves. Even those that consider themselves 'smart' are only repeating what others have said and don't actually KNOW anything at all. NOT so smart i say.
A huge amount of what any of us know has been TOLD to us. We have no proof of anything.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
Quite frankly, the fact that someone felt this question was worth asking is absolutely flabbergasting. Holy jeebus...

In answer to your question, OP: the Earth is round. Not flat. There is an abundance of evidence in case you don't believe me or anyone else in this thread. Google is your friend.

I shall waste no more time in this thread.

How about this one instead?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
This theory is designed to put down the hollow earth theory.

But in reality, since the earth is hollow with an inner sun, it cannot be flat.

However, actually since the hologram universe is now , settled scienceeverything is actually flat, on a screen that flickers in front of our eyes. We then process the info into a 3d model and 'believe' that it is round.

Great thread.
I hope more people wake up and realize that Nostradamus was spot on.

I'm REALLY hoping this is sarcasm in extreme just pointing out the folly of it all.

But the sentiment expressed, if not truly believed by the author of this post, is proof that science education in this country is an oxymoron.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: constant_thought

Just to go back to the video a bit. Whoever made it apparently has never heard of fisheye lenses.

No, it's not the curve of the Earth, it's distortion of the horizon using a fisheye lens.

Here's a still from a mountain bike video I saw the other day.

Is that the curvature of the Earth too?

Also... "NASA video?" Correct me if I'm wrong but Baumgartner's jump wasn't a NASA mission.

I can't believe I spent the time to reply to this!
edit on 30-6-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I'm hoping this question is a joke...
Yes the Earth is, in fact, round.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The Earth is an oblate spheroid, as shown here, rotating beneath the ISS...

The images you see in this video would be impossible if not for the rotation of the earth, as a sphere beneath the space station.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Could a place be created that fits all the descriptions? A flat hollow round grid structure that is capable of expanding and being encompased by other structures. Of coarse when we look at earth we see a round place but the same thing that could create the previous could also account for visual effects when being viewed. After all how many people see the roundness of the earth at one time in real time. The answer is very few givin that we have created devices to record the viewing and broadcast what is just a single view point. In other words in order to keep a flat earth round only a small number of view points would have to be manipulated at one time. That's not much givin the technology we are getting now.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I have literally circumnavigated the globe, so I can assure you that the Earth is indeed round.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

The book of Isaiah in the Bible says that the Earth is round. It was written about 3000 years ago.

Isaiah 40:22

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
edit on 30-6-2014 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
The Earth is an oblate spheroid, as shown here, rotating beneath the ISS...

That video is obviously doctored.

The maps in my atlas are flat.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Could a place be created that fits all the descriptions? A flat hollow round grid structure that is capable of expanding and being encompased by other structures. Of coarse when we look at earth we see a round place but the same thing that could create the previous could also account for visual effects when being viewed. After all how many people see the roundness of the earth at one time in real time. The answer is very few givin that we have created devices to record the viewing and broadcast what is just a single view point. In other words in order to keep a flat earth round only a small number of view points would have to be manipulated at one time. That's not much givin the technology we are getting now.

In a word: no. The world is round (and isn't hollow) and the Flat Earth Society has been dead as a credible organisation for around 200-odd years.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

it is neither round or flat : terra is an oblate spheroid

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You win the internets!

Yes, an oblate spheroid!

The Planet Earth,
Is a spheroid,
And is also oblate,
Because it's at its widest,
At the point where it equates!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg
lol that is quite a close minded answer you have there. How about in the future when 3d printers take a few leaps in minipulating matter. Would it be possible then? Your answer is short sided because anything is possible. Am i claiming that the earth is projected? no i am claiming that with enough time and resources i could create everything you see including the beliefs that differ so much. With all that said it could be flat and round and hollow all at the same time by controlling perception and minipulating matter.
edit on 30-6-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hehe!

That's only because the flat earthers started ironing globes a while back in readiness for the onset of their assault on the truth!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Well that takes care of that...

Everyone's happy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join