It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi at the Border: Influx of Illegal Immigrants an ‘Opportunity,’ Not a ‘Crisis’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
www.valleycentral.com...

U.S. House of Representatives Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi says the influx of Central American immigrants along the border is not a crisis, but rather an “opportunity.”

Congresswoman Pelosi took part in a special press conference with U.S. Representative Filemon Vela at the Brownsville Events Center Saturday morning. The two had toured a nearby Border Patrol facility that is currently housing Central American immigrants.

“This crisis, that some call it crisis, we have to view it as an opportunity,” Pelosi said.

The California congresswoman said it’s an opportunity for the United States to show the world how it deals with the women and children, who she says are refugees. "It's a value that we will show the rest of the world how we deal with this,” Pelosi said.

Is this woman for real?????

An 'opportunity'? Yeah I'm sure it is for the illegals....
Not for our country as a whole however!!!

Pelosi really needs to retire, out to the pasture
She is living in a whole other world

Her remarks come just about the 6 minute mark---

Seems as though we need to take care of the homeless women and children that are already in our country before we sign on to take care of someone else problems

edit on 28-6-2014 by snarky412 because: add vid

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

She really is considering her wealth and influence she has almost no real connection with the average American citizen. Plus I think she's at least partly senile.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

She really is considering her wealth and influence she has almost no real connection with the average American citizen. Plus I think she's at least partly senile.

'partly' senile?!
I was kinda leaning towards more like, I don't know, maybe 3/4 senile?

Let her pay for all the illegals to be taken care of, then she might rethink her position

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Great then she will be the first to drop a few mil to help them right?? ..........Right?.....

*crickets*

*crickets*

funny how these people never put their own money where their mouth is

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Is this woman for real????

Unfortunately yes.

When asked on how Congress should deal with the immigrants, Pelosi responded, “We have to take it case by case, due process and respect of law.”

That's rich!

Respect for the law she says!

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I hate to do it but she is the worst.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
She's not senile, she's carrying out her role just right. All over the world right now similar policies are progressively being carried out. Just need to figure out why.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It really is a low tactic to try to soft soak it by using 'women and children' as their excuse for letting this crisis occur

Play to the American's....awww, but what about the children???

Send their azz back to where they came from, that's what you do!!!!!!!!!!

There is already about 48% of our country's population living on some form of government assistance, no need to add to the already overloaded burden that is tanking our economy

Pelosi, GO HOME!
And since you are so worried about them, please take them all with you!!
Then YOU can care for them personally and see to their care

No need to pass them off onto the taxpayers
Dumb azz politicians...every one of them!!

It's supposed to be OUR country, yet we have no say as to what these idiots do to ruin it

edit on 28-6-2014 by snarky412 because: spweeling

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
It really is a low tactic to try to soft soak it by using 'women and children' as their excuse for letting this crisis occur

Play to the American's....awww, but what about the children???

Send their azz back to where they came from, that's what you do!!!!!!!!!!

There is already about 48% of our country's population living on some form of government assistance, no need to add to the already overloaded burden that is tanking our economy

Pelosi, GO HOME!
And since you are so worried about them, please take them home with you!!
Then YOU can care for them personally and see to their care

What I find interesting is the things that come out of Pelosi, Reid, Biden, Obama, Rangel, and a few others and they are never called on it. Even today the idea of saying you have to pass it to find out what's in it makes me incredulous.

Can I say that at the bank?

"You have to cash it to find out if I have the money. "

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Even today the idea of saying you have to pass it to find out what's in it makes me incredulous.

This right here^^^^^, should have been a warning for all Americans

--stupid, stupid stupid!!!--

I'm not ashamed to be an American
I'm just ashamed of the people running our country!!

I don't live in California, other wise I would do my damnedest to get rid of Pelosi
Reids not up until 2016, but he needs to go too
He's another border-line senile goofball

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Harry Pelosi..
I mean, Nancy Reid
I mean, Harry Obama
I mean, Hillary Pelosi

ahh to hell with them!! They can take their "illegal opportunities" with them.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yeah.. right... This from the woman who said food stamps helped the economy like a stimulus.

Ronald Reagan was running for his second term when this antique took office. It's time her and her silly oversize bauble necklaces take a hike into retirement. Cindy Sheehan even challenged her. C'mon San Fran! It was Cindy! I didn't agree with her, but I sure wouldn't have minded her in Nancy's seat.

At least Cindy Sheehan was sincere. Pelosi is just a lying crook.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Even today the idea of saying you have to pass it to find out what's in it makes me incredulous.

This right here^^^^^, should have been a warning for all Americans

--stupid, stupid stupid!!!--

I'm not ashamed to be an American
I'm just ashamed of the people running our country!!

I don't live in California, other wise I would do my damnedest to get rid of Pelosi
Reids not up until 2016, but he needs to go too
He's another border-line senile goofball

I spent 53 years in California, they only way she is coming out is by a rope being dragged out. When children are born in California they are slapped on the right cheek so the left feels like the right way to go. The illegals have taken over and the politicians have given even more away to keep their votes. It is just nuts.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I spent 53 years in California, they only way she is coming out is by a rope being dragged out.

I got a 4x4 truck, you want to borrow it???
Better use a chain instead, that way it won't break when pulling the sh@t out!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

“This crisis, that some call it crisis, we have to view it as an opportunity,” Pelosi said.

That is what human traffickers say Pelosi.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
" Pelosi at the Border: Influx of Illegal Immigrants an ‘Opportunity,’ Not a ‘Crisis’ "

The ultra-Progressive theme:

Progressive-Logic
An AntiPattern is a pattern that tells how to go from a problem to a bad solution.

Logic
An AmeliorationPattern which is a pattern that tells how to go from a bad solution to a good solution.

Pelosi stands by her we have to pass the bill to find out what's in it comment

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Who keeps electing this moronic witch?

I can't believe her level of absolute stupidity.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I spent 53 years in California, they only way she is coming out is by a rope being dragged out.

I got a 4x4 truck, you want to borrow it???
Better use a chain instead, that way it won't break when pulling the sh@t out!!!

lol...... if thats all it took I have a F250 4X4 with a diesel, i wouldn't stop until I got to Ensenada Mexico.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Not sure why she was or even welcomed to speak in Texas in the first place.

She's a California rep!

She should take them all to her district and show them exactly what she represents.

She said she wants to take them home with her. So be it. Actions speak louder than words.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

That pretty much sums up the different between the Texas mentality and the Californian mentality. Unfortunately, the progressives are migrating to Texas. It won't be long now before the progressives & illegals bring down Texas by idiocracy, quickly followed by bankruptcy.
edit on 3037x6730America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join