It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AZ residents at chemtrail hearing: ‘We’re being sprayed like we’re bugs and it’s really not

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I fall into the camp of weather manipulation. It's been done before!!

www.globalresearch.ca...

Me too. I am in SW AZ. The only time I see an excess amount of chemtrails is when there is a storm system nearby. I've watched planes making a pattern. It's clear blue skies here, you can see for miles. One time I watched 2 planes working together to make a pattern.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The chemtrail debate is all well and good but I think it's great that a community can address their concerns on a public forum.

That is fine, but it would be better if they did it concerning something that actually exists.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Me too. I am in SW AZ. The only time I see an excess amount of chemtrails is when there is a storm system nearby.

And how exactly do you know they are chemtrails?

And seeing persistent contrails will tell you the weather is about to change. Here this may help you out...

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

How do we know they weren't? Personally, I take the member's word for direct personal observation over the opinion of folks who guess as an afterthought based on presumption.

@ Annee

They could try and increase rain over Yuma and across to Brawley/El Centro anytime now, eh? Those produce fields weren't in good shape last I was hearing. Of course, short term economic benefit probably isn't on the minds of folks working with weather modification. It ought to be....but that would be wishful thinking I suppose.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

They could try and increase rain over Yuma and across to Brawley/El Centro anytime now, eh? Those produce fields weren't in good shape last I was hearing.

No. Cloud seeding doesn't do much good in drought situations, unless there are nice fat cumulus clouds present. Clouds that may be just as likely to produce rain without help.
science.kqed.org...

But then, cloud seeding has nothing to do with "chemtrails." Those scary clouds that form behind airplanes at high altitudes and produce scary grids.
edit on 6/28/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Kratos40

You have to question why there hasn't been a prime time special regarding the conspiracy of chemtrails.

Because it is such a ridiculous and fringe theory that no sane person takes any notice of it. It's not in any way "mainstream" like UFOs or even the Apollo hoax or 9/11 theories. It wouldn't attract any viewing figures.

It's just a handful of real crackpot crazies who spout off about the government "poisoning them", as they stuff junk food and crack into their bodies.

edit on 28-6-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No, China disagrees rather dramatically with that assumption Phage.

In fact, China has a Government office dedicated strictly to relief of drought and desertification by cloud seeding and encouragement of artificial precipitation.

I'm surprised you aren't familiar with it? It's not a hot topic in the West but the use of cloud seeding and other means of manipulation is not just accepted as effective by some in national leadership elsewhere, it's an actual point of pride to brag on and do more of.

China creates 55 billion tons of artificial rain a year—and it plans to quintuple that

That's one of the more interesting...though, not one of the more official sources I have available to really run this subject the distance, if additional clarification and support for the fact this is done, daily, as a regular thing is needed.

From the Beijing Meteorlogical Bureau we also find this as how they describe what they do as national policy.

Article The term weather modification means to avoid or mitigate meteorological disasters, rational use of climate resources, under appropriate conditions, artificial influence on local atmospheric physical and chemical processes through technological means to achieve increased rain and snow, anti- The purpose of the activity and hail, and rain, anti-fogging, frost and so on.
Source

Of course, as Popular Science wrote about in 2009, the Chinese can get a little TOO enthusiastic about this too. In that case, it's believed by some that they created a crippling snowstorm. Ooops.... Sometimes I suppose it works too well.

edit on 6/28/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo repair

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: olaru12

I fall into the camp of weather manipulation. It's been done before!!

www.globalresearch.ca...

Me too. I am in SW AZ. The only time I see an excess amount of chemtrails is when there is a storm system nearby.

Well wow, how about that? You see lots of condensation trails in the sky when the air is more humid than normal in your desert environment. What an astonishing coincidence!

I live within 15 miles or so of Heathrow airport. The UK has a pretty moist climate most of the time (as you might have heard) and guess what, when the skies are clear I see loads of contrails forming parallel lines. It's because planes follow the same flight paths, and the wind moves the trails sideways between each plane pass, so you end up with a grid-like pattern.

We don't point at the skies here, though, and think people are spraying us

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

What kind of "hearing" is it when someone who actually knows something about contrails was not present?

a hearing about CHEMtrails.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I'm surprised you aren't familiar with it?
I'm quite aware of what China claims.

it's an actual point of pride to brag on and do more of.
Of course it is. Bragging about being able to produce rain on demand does not mean it can be done but at least it sounds like you're doing something about it. Keeps the people loving their government. Weather modification companies right here in the US brag about it too but here's what one of them says about cloud seeding and drought:

If cloud seeding is done in the midst of a bad drought and results are not satisfactory, the inclination after a few months is often to deduce that cloud seeding, because it does not appear to have been delivered the desire results, should be discarded. It cannot be overstated that drought is not the optimal time period for cloud seeding.

www.texasweathermodification.com...
"We can't promise anything, especially during a drought. So, wait until there isn't a drought to give us a try."

Although the principles behind it are well established, it is difficult to prove that a given round of cloud seeding produced a particular effect, because it is difficult to know what would have happened otherwise due to natural variability. Major research projects from the 1950s through the 1970s—including the National Hail Research Experiment, operated in northeast Colorado by the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), failed to confirm the effectiveness of cloud seeding in increasing precipitation or reducing hail.

Despite the lack of hard, consistent and repeatable evidence to support it, many government agencies and private firms continue to take part in cloud seeding. In its 2003 report, "Critical Issues in Weather Modification Research," a panel of the National Academies found that 10 U.S. states were conducting at least 66 cloud-seeding programs. "We know that human activities can affect the weather, and we know that seeding will cause some changes to a cloud," noted the report. "However, we are still unable to translate these induced changes into verifiable changes in rainfall and hail fall, and snowfall on the ground, or to employ methods that produce credible, repeatable changes in precipitation."

www2.ucar.edu...

In that case, it's believed by some that they created a crippling snowstorm.
Not by many.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Annee

And seeing persistent contrails will tell you the weather is about to change. Here this may help you out...

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

Don't you grow tired of saying the same thing over and over?

I don't believe in mermaids, but there is no way in hell I would spend hours EVERY day arguing with people who do believe in mermaids.

If I live to be 500 years old, I still won't get it.

Broaden your horizons.

Move on.

No one cares how much you condescend to them.

They will believe what they believe.

If chemtrails existed... what would they look like?

Persistent contrails?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz

originally posted by: Phage

What kind of "hearing" is it when someone who actually knows something about contrails was not present?

a hearing about CHEMtrails.

Exactly. How are the village idiots supposed to work themselves up into a proper froth about the government spraying poisons if somebody comes in with some annoying facts, science and common sense?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I appreciate your opinion Phage. On this one, I'll take the deeds of a major coordinated national effort which enormous money and effort is expended on, over what you're presenting there.

No biggy... Folks disagree all the time and I don't think you're correct with this one.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Kratos40

[I]tsurfer2000[/I]Anyone doubting this should come out to the desert out here on any given day and watch the skies. It's like the planes are playing a huge game of Tic-Tac-Toe. Using binoculars, you will see big planes flying side by side expelling long plumes of who knows what.

Over the skies of Tucson tic-tack-toe tight grids and only a several miles from Tucson International (what altitude not sure) but not in any commercial direct flight path east or west.

[iKratos40[/I]So planes aren't allowed to fly N/S/E/W and can only fly in one direction?
And what is coming from those planes are called contrails...look into them it will amaze you to learn they aren't what the chemtrail crowd want you to believe.

The fall out has been analized as containing high concentrations of aluminum. Commercial planes don't fly perfectly formed grids over a major city. These are not contrails. I've seen 4 aircraft synchronized 2 each in tandem flying AT EACH OTHER expelling a substance (think acrobatic airshow ballet). The grids are too tight and perfect squares. Contrails dissipate , these hang there for HOURS. BTW its hotter than hell here.
edit on 28-6-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

The fall out has been analized as containing high concentrations of aluminum.

Ooh goody. Got a citation for that?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

The fall out has been analized as containing high concentrations of aluminum.

Ooh goody. Got a citation for that?

I don't understand your post; I get a citation from the water dept; but you obviously don't live in southern Arizona; reflective dust on the topiaries (a nuisance to spray off).
edit on 28-6-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
You live in a desert state and you get dust on your shrubs? Wow.

Do you know the typical Al content by mass of soil in the desert states of the USA, by the way?
edit on 28-6-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The problem is that there do appear to be Chemtrails that are separate to any clouds or contrails.

If there really are NO chemtrails then scientists or whomever are doing a very poor job of debunking them and explaining contrails in a succinct, simple to understand manner.

It really is that simple.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The worst thing about this...

Those people are so deluded that they would never find out about the real reasons WHY there would be higher mortality/cancer rates.

It wouldn't be the first time that a manufacturing plant etc. would release highly toxic substances, either in the air or the water etc.

So let's assume it would be true that people die there from unusual levels of Strontium, Barium etc.

Good luck looking up in the Sky and blaming "the government" and how "they" "spray"...while some factories and plants in the area might actually really do something harmful. Except that those people will never find out because they are brainwashed by Alex Jones and similar and prefer to believe in delusions instead.

Makes you wonder about certain agendas...hu?
edit on 6/28/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

No, it's just some people are itching to swallow any snake oil that gets pitched to them.

Contrails are sometimes barely visible at all, other times they disappear quickly, and sometimes they persist for hours. Sometimes they even spread out into cirrus sheets. It's really not difficult to figure out why. Temperature, humidity, wind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join