It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witness & their "A world Goverenment" Convention

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
a reply to: Bashka

we will all live in a Communistic Utopia

Religious communists.....it appears to be an oxymoron until you study history and discover the Jesuits created communism.
What you just did is describe JW as a sect of the Jesuits. Who is really in that watchtower behind the curtains?

Pay no attention to the man behind the curt

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
There seems to be a lot of confusion about what JW's believe from the very start of this thead. I grew up as one and even though I haven't gone in years I still feel like I remember enough to clear up the confusion about them.

For starters, JW's don't want to control the world. Just the opposite, they believe that all efforts by man to rule man have been a failure and they believe that only Christ can correctly rule the world. They do however believe that mankind will attempt a NWO and that it will be a total failure. They stand in opposition to the New World Order.

In regards to blood transfusions, medical science has reached a point were bloodless surgery is probably the superior treatment and the scientific solution of the future. The idea is to restore the blood volume, make sure that instead of continuing to allow it to be lost it's captured and rotated right back into the body, and use drugs to make the body produce blood cells. It takes away complications of blood surgery, and allows people to heal quicker after the surgery. As more people catch on to it's benefits without the possible complications that blood transfusions can bring, I think that more and more people will be wanting the same high quality treatment that JW's get.

And as far as this Communist Utopia idea goes, that's not a JW teaching. They believe in a Kingdom led by Christ, but they do believe that it would be a peaceful utopia.
edit on 27-6-2014 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

originally posted by: Bashka
a reply to: ColeYounger

Comfort and security and logic mostly. We appreciate what Jehovah has done for us and realize the Earth of today is NOT what he had in mind, so we stay out of it as much as possible. We want no parts of war, violence, or corruption, yet those things are rampant. I chose to follow Jehovah after becoming extremely disillusioned the US Government. Everything the Watchtower Society predicted would become of the world has. When it goes for good I don't want to go with it!

Why pick JW? If you want a faith that doesn't condone war, violence & corruption why not Buddhism, Taoism?

Great, I'll move to Burma and start my worship of Buddha... The Military dictatorship wouldn't mind would they?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
a reply to: Bashka

we will all live in a Communistic Utopia

Religious communists.....it appears to be an oxymoron until you study history and discover the Jesuits created communism.
What you just did is describe JW as a sect of the Jesuits. Who is really in that watchtower behind the curtains?

Jesuits created the USA also... Jesuits sunk the Titanic, they are likely behind everything in this world..
edit on 27-6-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

a reply to: ColeYounger

Comfort and security and logic mostly. We appreciate what Jehovah has done for us and realize the Earth of today is NOT what he had in mind, so we stay out of it as much as possible. We want no parts of war, violence, or corruption, yet those things are rampant. I chose to follow Jehovah after becoming extremely disillusioned the US Government. Everything the Watchtower Society predicted would become of the world has. When it goes for good I don't want to go with it!

Why pick JW? If you want a faith that doesn't condone war, violence & corruption why not Buddhism, Taoism?

Great, I'll move to Burma and start my worship of Buddha... The Military dictatorship wouldn't mind would they?

Lovely attitude you have there.

Since when do you have to move to the country that the religion came from in order to practice it? You don't have to move to Burma to be a Buddhist.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Everything the Watchtower Society predicted would become of the world has.

Oh yeah sure. Except for when they got the end of the world wrong in 1914. And in 1918. And in 1925. And in 1975.

As a former JW, I'd advise you to check out this link before posting false statements. Remember what god says about lying now...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Since when do you have to move to the country that the religion came from in order to practice it? You don't have to move to Burma to be a Buddhist.

I was actually just pointing out that not all Buddhists are peaceful..

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ismail

Everything the Watchtower Society predicted would become of the world has.

Oh yeah sure. Except for when they got the end of the world wrong in 1914. And in 1918. And in 1925. And in 1975.

As a former JW, I'd advise you to check out this link before posting false statements. Remember what god says about lying now...

1914 and 1918 are significant, the other two are just normal years.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Posting for further reading in the future in case something interesting pops up.

OP-JW's believe current govt rules by God's grace, a heavenly government will remove them at some point and rule all of mankind with Jesus as the King.

Transfusions are big business and the safe route is to go without a transfusion, the religous ties go back to not ingesting blood. However like many ancient traditions we are once again finding scientific data to support not accepting transfusions.

Excommunication, if you don't pay your dues you can't shop at Costco anymore. You follow certain guidelines if you want to be known as a JW, if you don't then you are in a sense "removed" from the congregation. This model comes from when ancient Isrealites took foreign wives, they corrupted the accepted belief system. Better to remove them than let them infect the rest of the congregation.

JW's aren't perfect, they are still just people. The example of Mr. touchy feely "elder" happens everywhere because people are flawed no matter how much religion they take in.

My only real problem with the Witnesses is the way they blindly follow what the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society puts out. In general the articles are decent, but the ideas are not questioned at all and there is no push for being open minded and proving things for yourself. It's considered gospel.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

You misunderstand us. Discouragement of blood transfusions is based on ancient belief against ingesting blood. Excommunication is necessary, because our core belief is "In The World, NOT Of The World". We do not mix with outsiders and anyone who choose to do so can't be one of us. Either you obey the rules and Watchtower Society or there's the door!

So if your child wanted out you would turn your back on them because your society commands it?

Doesn't sound like a loving religion.
It's a cruel and terribly harmful religion. Especially if you take in to account that according to PEW research in the US the majority of JW kids drop their parents religion.

"One major finding was that Jehovah's Witnesses "had the lowest retention rate of any religious tradition" – only 37 percent of those who were reared Jehovah's Witnesses still identified themselves as Witnesses as adults (2008, p. 26)."

And they are the worst educated group in the US. (Only uneducated people would be convinced by the WatchTower? Or even worse, that JW parents damage their kids prospects by discouraging them from study) (p. 56)

Source of data:
religions.pewforum.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadow1024

Good point on the education, another irksome quality they tend to foster. I'm referring to anything after high school as most of the kids I knew did not plan on further schooling.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

True that, once a week I get the usual knock on the door only to see a different person with a child that should be in school, I just open the door and tell them to go away this is Mormon turf. I'm not a Mormon but at least they know how to talk to people and they will sometimes give you a hand with yard-work if they are riding by at the time.

I have witnessed what this cult does to families that don't want to be involved, my uncle who is a Vietnam vet has not seen his kids for over 20 years because he was told that his kind was not wanted because he salutes the flag.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuietSpeech
Posting for further reading in the future in case something interesting pops up.

OP-JW's believe current govt rules by God's grace, a heavenly government will remove them at some point and rule all of mankind with Jesus as the King.

Transfusions are big business and the safe route is to go without a transfusion, the religous ties go back to not ingesting blood. However like many ancient traditions we are once again finding scientific data to support not accepting transfusions.

Excommunication, if you don't pay your dues you can't shop at Costco anymore. You follow certain guidelines if you want to be known as a JW, if you don't then you are in a sense "removed" from the congregation. This model comes from when ancient Isrealites took foreign wives, they corrupted the accepted belief system. Better to remove them than let them infect the rest of the congregation.

JW's aren't perfect, they are still just people. The example of Mr. touchy feely "elder" happens everywhere because people are flawed no matter how much religion they take in.

My only real problem with the Witnesses is the way they blindly follow what the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society puts out. In general the articles are decent, but the ideas are not questioned at all and there is no push for being open minded and proving things for yourself. It's considered gospel.

Transfusions saves lives & with how many people require a transfusion it makes sense for it to be a big business. I would like to see this alleged scientific data that supports not accepting transfusions.

if you don't then you are in a sense "removed" from the congregation.
Not only are you banned from the church but your entire family MUST disown you. That's more than being "removed" from the congregation. I do no understand how anyone can disown their child. Whether it's because they don't follow the same religion as the parents of they are LGBT. My Dad was raised catholic, he doesn't follow the faith now but he still believes in God. My Mom is a christian, she doesn't go to church anymore either but still prays & believes in God. I am bi sexual & agnostic & my parents still love me. They have not disowned me for having different beliefs & for being bi sexual. That is true parents & anyone who disowns their child is not a parent.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

True that, once a week I get the usual knock on the door only to see a different person with a child that should be in school, I just open the door and tell them to go away this is Mormon turf. I'm not a Mormon but at least they know how to talk to people and they will sometimes give you a hand with yard-work if they are riding by at the time.

I have witnessed what this cult does to families that don't want to be involved, my uncle who is a Vietnam vet has not seen his kids for over 20 years because he was told that his kind was not wanted because he salutes the flag.

Meh, just answer the door naked they will run away. That's what one of my friends does.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

Just look up Bloodless Surgery, but here is one article to get you started.

bloodless-surgery-avoids-risk s-transfusion

Here is another from the American Cancer Society detailing some of the risks that are involved with a blood transfusion.

Possible Risks

Alternative Treatments
edit on 28-6-2014 by QuietSpeech because: Link not working

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Prince is a Jehova's Witness, well, at least he trys to be
X

top topics

<< 1   >>

join