It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marine Asked His Bootcamp Buddy to Watch His House While He Was Stationed Overseas & He Never C

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This kind of Human is in danger of extinction.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412
Its nice to see people stepping up, and doing something like this for a man that has given 21 years to his country. To bad OUR OWN GOVERNMENT IS NOT DOING MORE!!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: greavsie1971

I think you need to re-read the quote in your profile pic.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'm so glad you Americans try to treat you services right.in the uk we get asked to remove our uniforms in public as to not offend other cultures its very rare you see a soldier in uniform here, but its good to see people in the #hole world we've got left at least try to look out for each other.a reply to: greavsie1971 you are one misinformed dumb SOB, your entire story of how we bloodthirsty killers missed out one major thing,you forgot to mention the 15 schools we built in Afghanistan or the fact that my entire regiment fired 100 rounds at the enemy but received 2 dead 3 wounded personnel. and would you like to know why we only fired a 100 rounds it was because the guy manning the gpmg was shooting the ground around the Taliban attacking our postion as not injure them(they didn't look old maybe 18 or 19) so whose really the killers here. oh I also seen a young girl near beaten to death by a mob of 6 maybe 7 older boy(15-16 maybe)because she enjoyed school and kept going against the wishes of them.so now you honestly tell me we the monsters because if we are, then what the fu@3 does that make your people. I Apologise for going off topic but I think that needed to said

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

What we cannot stomach, is the very fact these guys are trained to death to follow orders they cannot question

That is where you show your ignorance; Service Members can question unlawful orders, are encouraged to do so, and can be punished under the UCMJ for following unlawful orders and doing something illegal.

But, by all means, continue pretending that you know what is going on in the world and I'll just sit back and watch people like you (and other ignorant, soldiers-are-the-worst loud mouths) make fools of themselves in the spirit of thinking anyone cares about their opinion. I mostly chuckle to myself and move on...mostly.

What those of us who understand how the military works can not stomach are people like you who frollick along through life floating on a cloud of ignorance, yet who speak with some sort of authority as if you know something.

But, you know, free speech and all...something both my wife and I volunteered to protect for sad little people like you. You don't have to like what Service Members are asked to do for America, but you should at least respect the fact that we volunteered our lives so that you can sit in front of a computer and free-speech your ignorance.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
One thing I do not admire for people who choose to be military personnel is that these are people who are willing to kill other people without even knowing the reason. This is the situation many military found themselves in in Vietnam as well as countless other battles. Sometimes the reasons may be for national security, other times, I suspect, for less wholesome reasons.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
That is an awesome example of humanities charity at work. What a heartwarming story. a reply to: snarky412

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm not going to say much about this thread because, well, you can guess by looking at my avatar. Anyways, that was a really nice thing for the Msgt.'s friend to do out of the goodness of his heart, and the goodness out of the hearts out of all the other people that donated money and time to it.

The one thing I do want to make clear to all the people saying boo to the military, what do you think would happen if we (the US) didn't have a military? Or, what do you think would happen to the rest of the world (or at least the more volatile areas of it), if we just all came home and stayed stateside, as a purely defensive force? Do you think the middle east would all of a sudden decide to end thousands of years of warfare because a country that is barely 200 years old is no longer present? To think the US is responsible for all the wars in the world is ignorant.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Semper FI!! Hoo rah!!

Star and flag for the story. Love it!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepy01

you forgot to mention the 15 schools we built in Afghanistan or the fact that my entire regiment fired 100 rounds at the enemy but received 2 dead 3 wounded personnel. and would you like to know why we only fired a 100 rounds it was because the guy manning the gpmg was shooting the ground around the Taliban attacking our postion as not injure them(they didn't look old maybe 18 or 19) so whose really the killers here. oh I also seen a young girl near beaten to death by a mob of 6 maybe 7 older boy(15-16 maybe)because she enjoyed school and kept going against the wishes of them.so now you honestly tell me we the monsters because if we are, then what the fu@3 does that make your people. I Apologise for going off topic but I think that needed to said

Thank you for mentioning that, especially about the schools....

Some people are not in the know of what positive good things the military has done and what they have sacrificed [lives]
All they hear about is the negative aspect of the situation

Then there are those that will never understand because they just don't want to

Much respect~
snarky

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Wow, that is a really good story. It brought tears to my eyes more so when the Master Sergeant said while crying that he didn't deserve the house and that the guys that had not come back, or did not come back in one piece deserved it more. His family and he does deserve it. That was a good deed by his best friend and the community.

Thank you for sharing this btw.

edit on 28-6-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Wow Seriously That Marine maybe had some close buddies that didnt make it in Iraq

This is about Best Friends Marine Buddies and A Friend that Helped him out with renovations

and gave him a big Surprise. and this Thread Has been Rail Roaded.. and Taken Hostage ! !

because what he has said that he didn't deserve this because he came home alive and one of his fallen should of..

WOW.. well good for the Marine that retired .. after 21 years of service

I guess he Knows who his Friends are

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JJRichey

I agree of alot of what you have said

tho..

To think the US is responsible for all the wars in the world is ignorant.

Depends on how you look at the degree ! THE USA causing it or ending it or joining it, in any way We were involved..

A Lot but not all

Here is the Roster!

List of wars involving the United States
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fadi15
This kind of Human is in danger of extinction.

Amen to that!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

It takes 2 to tango...

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Stories like this afford me to keep my faith in humanity. It's good to hear positive stories amidst all the doom and gloom.
edit on 26-7-2014 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Just found this while prowling around the board and drinking coffee. Good story, I remember when it happened. Thanks for posting it! Hopefully (though after reading through the pages, I have my doubts) it'll help people see that military folks are people too, and are capable of great humanity and compassion.

And to those of you saying military and LEOs need to do *whatever your personal feelings are about working for the government and how they should all revolt* I say this: you first

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: greavsie1971

originally posted by: KnowledgeSeeker81
Stories like this give me faith in humanity, thanks for the share.

> People trained to kill other people being nice to each other? Gives you faith in humanity?

It would be nice to see people helping strangers. It would be nice if these people stopped killing brown people.

Sorry, no time for people acting all nice when in the military! If you decide to choose a profession killling people you are NOT a nice person.

The veterans aren't really trained killers....we just signed our name on the line to die if ordered, sorta......while the military law does not include any constitutional rights....great thread

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join