It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you noticed that the side-strip of links to social media is gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Is it just me or is the social-link strip that floats on the right side of the first page of a thread now gone? Or did it just go fishing?
edit on 25-6-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

yes i have, thought may have been more problems.
i hope they don't come back.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Maybe if we make a wish and click our heels together three times it will be gone for good. If not, we should welcome it back with muttered curses and open arms (open just enough to grab it while you tie it down).

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You mean this?
i61.tinypic.com...

Still there.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CALGARIAN
You mean this?
i61.tinypic.com...

Still there.

No, not the top one, the one which runs/ran/will run along the right side of the first page of every thread.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well i never had it...but on sites i do see the strip it always seems to be a movie or product i recently bought. Google is getting smart lmao

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
'Bought darn time! I hope it never comes back!
2nd

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Whats with all the hostility about the add this bar? Its an extremely useful tool.
Great for sharing your threads on other sites and enticing others to join ATS and share.

I see a lot of people on these forums are just never happy with SO and all the hard work he puts into the site.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

It was redundant along the side. There were two strips: One along the side and one across the top.

It's not about being happy with SO or appreciating his hard work (which I am and I do). It's about making the site better.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The one along the side was probably used for analytic and other things. As well, the one on the side also has a wide variety of networks to chose from in one neat little location.

As for my other comment, its not to say you don't appreciate his work, just that it seems like there are a lot of people that would rather complain about things then just send him a message.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

because this place isn't supposed to be about social network integration, and all that other braindead trendy BS...the bar was ugly, didn't fit in, and was completely useless/worthless to a lot of us...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well, I liked the bar, but it wasn't around for very long so it won't be missed either.

Was nice to be able to share cool ATS threads on facebook that way.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Its not just social networking sites. There hundreds of other networks that it links to and lets you share your content across platforms. Not just Facebook and Twitter and the likes of them.

It could have been integrated better into the site. I agree there.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

because this place isn't supposed to be about social network integration, and all that other braindead trendy BS...the bar was ugly, didn't fit in, and was completely useless/worthless to a lot of us...

Yes, what you said! Blasted thing drove me nuts, for all those reasons, and I don't miss it at all. Hoping they heard the complaints, and it's gone for good!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
A couple people brought it up in a thread on tbis forum a couple weeks ago. They didn't like it, didn't use it, didn't want it. I agreed. How great that it's gone! I wouldn't have noticed if you did not make this post! Thanks, responsive site-designers, or whomever.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It is good thatit is gone. It would take forever for it to download. while downloading it would lock up everything.
Good by and good ridence.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

yes I have and am I glad it is

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

What, exactly, is "this place supposed to be about" then?

We've always thought it was about getting our members thoughts and ideas out to the biggest audience possible so the free exchange of information and ideas can have a chance at overcoming the B.S. spewed by the MSM and other bought off media... Something along the lines of "set the truth free and it will overcome the darkness"...

Obviously we have misunderstood all these years, please straighten us out.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Hi Springer, your enthusiasm and caring are catching. I just noticed the inter-active template was missing, and actually had gotten used to it so it took awhile to notice it was gone. Some people had trouble with its size on their phones. Will it be brought back? I personally don't care either way, as I don't use social media, but have you seen an uptick in interest because of the template? If so, please bring it back with bells on (tiny bells, so as not to wake the sleeping and/or comatose).

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

i'm not entirely sure i want to answer that question, Mark...because i'm not entirely sure i feel like being banned this week. I'll leave it at that.

new topics

top topics

join