It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Suck at Football

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
What happened England ?
I'm one of the seven people in the country watching a pointless game because it's the world cup and England are playing, but it's not England , it hasn't been England from the start of the championships , probably since the start of the millennium , it's been a pale shadow of the England that was.
2 losses and a draw , what a sorry bunch , what a sorry manager.

In truth I stopped supporting you a while ago but the world cup does funny things to a man and like a fool I let myself believe that you wouldn't do it to me again ... but you did with bells on.

Thanks again England but I'm now a Holland fan .... We're through

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You could always take the American attitude.

We don't care about soccer.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

And your team is doing better than ours , how ironic

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Welcome to the Irish world....

But yiz never do well in tourneys. About time yiz realise that just because the premiership is the best and most exciting league in the world, it does'nt equate to a good national team.
i mean, how many english players would make it into a premiership eleven? i say none.
Maybe Gerrard at a push....
Before the first match versus Italy the panel were discussing who England might meet in the next round when they finish second!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

That's true, though it is better than it used to be, and I wonder why that attitude in the first place. The thing is, that's all we played in elementary school. There were two soccer fields that were always busy, and one baseball field, that was only used in the Spring. But somehow, after elementary school soccer just disappeared. It wasn't because the kids didn't like it. It was more that the schools from Jr High/Middle school de-emphasized it in favor of American football, a much more expensive and brutal game to play.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Well at least you didn't bite.

Let me edit to add:

edit on 24-6-2014 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

Sorry wrong video

edit on 24-6-2014 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Have to agree with you, I expected more from your squad.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

YOU don't care about soccer and by no means speak for al of america.
Yes it is not the most popular sport but It is making a rise and fast.
Notice you need to go into every world cup thread and mention this "America doesn't care" mentality
Get over it jeeze

As for England it was sad to see them go. I thought there gonna make it out of that group as well.
At least rooney scored finally tho, world class player imo and deserved that long ago
edit on thTue, 24 Jun 2014 13:19:38 -0500America/Chicago620143880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I know there are some Americans that care about soccer, it just isn't important here like in other countries.

Sounds like I struck a nerve. Sorry if I upset you.
edit on 2014/6/24 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Canada sucks worse. We only made the WC once.... 30 years ago. Which doesn't make much sense as football is widely played here.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
soccer is right up there with golf in terms of entertainment value. none. lol

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Yeah, thats not remotely true....

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

I know there are some Americans that care about soccer, it just isn't important here like in other countries.

Sounds like I struck a nerve. Sorry if I upset you.
Did you know that the MLS out-draws both the NHL and NBA in attendance?

link   
They're an embarrassment and a discrace, it winds me up watching us play, we never have any luck and we always play rubbish in big tournaments, it's like we're jinxed or something, ha ha. I say I'm not going to watch it, but I know I will and still get frustrated rrrrr

link   

originally posted by: nrd101
soccer is right up there with golf in terms of entertainment value. none. lol

Canuck says, "Have you ever watched baseball?"

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
baseball can be boring, however, I have seen some entertaining games, playoffs, season whatever you just have to be very patient and aloof. I find soccer and hockey sometimes golf mentally draining to watch. I feel like i can use my life force better making babies or music. both of which i'm no good at but I try!

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm right there with you and I'm American even. I have lost all interest in the US and "soccer" its pathetic. Somehow though we are fumbling our way forward this time...but we sure don't look good doing it. Hell that game tier should have never happened had they just focused on clearing the ball for 3 damn min. Sigh England has let me down this time...especially Rooney...how many horrible shots will he take...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Dude, giving a fig about how England do in the footie is just a bloody trap. I tried to give up caring about 2004 but it never worked and i still sniffed around their matches hoping for redemption. These last few years (since Rooneys' "that's loyal fans for you" rubbish) though i genuinely couldn't give 2 hoots for them, usually don't even realise they are playing, and chuckle self righteously when i see the result next day in the paper.

I still get a buzz out of seeing confused supporters wondering where it all went wrong, like you all should not know better by know. Last time we were ok was probably '98, says it all really.

Those twats in the England footie team should watch some Rugby and see how they apply themselves. Different world entirely.

a reply to: Metallicus

I thought that the classic "American attitude" was just to pretend that the rest of the world are playing your borrowed sports? The World Series?

And anyway, Baseball is a girls game (it's just Rounders, played in infant schools and posh girl's private schools), and Handegg is just a crap Rugby, only without the nuts to play sans armour

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
Did you know that the MLS out-draws both the NHL and NBA in attendance?

Did you know that the only report that says that is put out by the MLS and the numbers are disputed and only based on per game attendance not season attendance? Not only that, but the MLS loses money and pays their players a pittance compared to the NBA and NHL. I am surprised no one has gone after MLS for not paying its players a 'living wage'. Don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining my ATS brother.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I would just like to throw this out there for those Americans who 'hate Soccer' and those Europeans who think we all 'hate football.' - Fact of the matter is: Soccer is exploding in America right now among the youth. Seriously, the majority of the 'popular kids' in high schools are playing Soccer instead of American football. Like most - I played it in Elementary school and briefly in middle school but quit before high school as did most of my friends.

But now, it seems everybody wants to play soccer in high school.

Personally I'll never be able to watch soccer, but nothing wrong with playing!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join