It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
How much time do you think I have left to prep?

I'm asking days, weeks, months, years, etc....

I'm specifically asking about survival food, water, first aid, and so on.

I'm thinking less than a year.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

I think every person is going to have a different answer due to the overwhelming number of doomsday theories. Depending on what you believe will happen, will determine how long you believe you have.
Why do you believe there is less than a year?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It could be called tonight.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
People building nuclear bomb shelters in the 60's thought it would happen within a year.
What make you any more right than them?
Time will tell I guess.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Everything will get more expensive as time goes by. The sooner you buy the cheaper it will be.

Probably years, but extreme events have extreme time tables, could be tonight.

Every day inflation drains off more of the middle class.

If nothing happens by 2020 or so, it never will.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Fifteen years ago, I would've said: "less than five years."
Five years ago, I would've guess: "less than five years."
Last year, I would've said: "unknown. Best prepare."

Today I say: "Why not prepare now? Hey, if you stock up on foods you like, the worst case is that you save money; what's not to like?"

It's true that there are other variables other than food and water involved in preps for the future unknown. Here is my maxim: We cannot know what fate befalls us in the future; we can hope for the best and prepare for the worst, or we can cast our fates upon the winds. It is best to prepare. The U.S. deficit is at an all-time high of 60 TRILLION dollars. Many nations are not far behind. I don't believe that level of debt can be sustained for long before a cataclysmic crash.

We hope for the best, because it's what we do. Best to prepare, and imagine what a family might need to survive hard times.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Just do the best you can.

I try to get a little here and there.

Every pay day I try to purchase at least one thing to help my family be prepared. Whether it is a can of beans, or othrr goods to help out if something ever goes down.

I got a bowie knife for fathers day, nothing extravagant, but better than not having one at all.

I need more lamp oil but the GF was complaining about buying a few bottles at $6 a bottle.

No one knows when, so I won't say how much time you/I/we have. Just keep obtaining items.

I am so far from where I want to be "prepped" that I just try to obtain a little at a time. Hopefully time won't run out.

I saw a mouse on my extra food supply, so this will be my next move, better storage. But I havent decided the best option yet. As money is pretty tight.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I assume you're talking about a SHTF scenario.

I think what you have to look for is warning signs. Like the stock market going insanely crazy in an unprecedented upward direction. The people with money are moving it and getting what they can out before the fall.

Look for an impending trigger of civil unrest, something akin to an Obama impeachment.

I would think winter time, you can't survive in the cold on the street but you can in the summer.

Look for the government and the military to move people and equipment.

Special government purchases to control the population. Ammo, guard shacks, heavy equip. for LEO's etc.

Look at things like power outages as a practice run. Like when they shot the transformers in California.

Prepared choke points in traffic flow.

A change in comms for LEO's and Military, and Mil. includes NG.

Start looking for a build ups for anything needed to feed people and produce controls.

Look for changes in legislation to make things easier for them to avoid breaking constitutional law.

Special training procedures for local governments and LEO's

There are more but it's late. Network with friends and family to look for anything that doesn't make sense everyone has to be ultra aware. If you can try to make sure you are a tank of gas from any populated area.

In your prepping, if you have to move remember the rule of 3's. Think about what it would be like to live when there is no power, fuel, water, or food where you usually shop.

Lastly tell no one of what you're doing outside of family, and maybe not even them. They can find out later when you rescue them.

My personal opinion on time left, sometime just before Obama vacates the office. Civil unrest would guarantee marshal law and his remaining in office. But look for the signs, so many of the list I have already said have happened.
Open mind, stay informed, look for triggers like oil prices in other countries. The rise in fuel cost will make food, and medicines cost to much for welfare recipients. A possible trigger. Protesting against racial lines. Common sense stuff, they always want us divided we are easier to manage that way.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I saw a mouse on my extra food supply, so this will be my next move, better storage. But I havent decided the best option yet. As money is pretty tight.

a reply to: liejunkie01
This is a bit off topic, but .....get a cat. Seriously.
We've been storing food for years and never a single mouse. Never. We have always had cats and I'm guessing that is the main reason.

ON topic. Op it could be tomorrow, it could be 5 years from now. I don't think anyone really knows. All the economists say any time now, but they've been saying that. Just keep doing what you're doing and hope you'll never need it.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
When is not really that important ultimately... It is the why and how that will find people completely unprepared.

Preparation is most likely futile.

That said, above all wise and enlightened people should prepare their souls for the times ahead.

Without moral clarity and fearless strength through faith survival may mean becoming something other than "human".

imo

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals

Thoughts?

From what I was told that no man will know the time, but I do believe it is latter then it has every been...

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Something else to consider is what the Bible says about there will be wars and rumors of wars as the end time draws near.

The price and availability of food may start to become an issue as we get closer to a world at war.

If you pay $11 for a 25 pound of rice today, by next year it could cost two to four times that next year...who knows?

Read your history of how people survive and how others don't and you can gauge your preparations by past events.

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: waltwillis

originally posted by: Signals

Thoughts?

From what I was told that no man will know the time, but I do believe it is latter then it has every been...

But you can narrow it down to the season and if I am not mistaken that would be fall.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My neighbor let be read a book called 299 Days. The story is based on a guy from the state of Washington.

So far the story sounds plausible.

there are other books as well like One Second After and Lights Out that may scare you into taking action.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You could've asked this questions on December 31, 1999. The answer would've been, "A day."

You could've asked this on December 20, 2012. The answer again would've been, "A day."

So what is to be learned from this? It's best to assume that you only have a day.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks because nobody knows. It will happen when it happens... and it will happen. Just do your best to prepare now and wait for the inevitable.
edit on 6/23/2014 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I really think that the stuff is starting to hit a fan that is turned off already or is going very slow but will reach high gear in the next year.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Just read this:
www.marketwatch.com...

One moment we’re playing musical chairs, excited, in denial, convinced we can pocket a few more winnings before the inevitable. Convinced we know when, where, how to exit. Then the “thief in the night” suddenly attacks, catches us by surprise. Even then, in our denial, we may keep telling ourselves it’s just another short-term correction in a hot bull market. Until suddenly, it’s more than an accelerating sports car ... it’s a Mack truck roaring loudly.

But when the Mack truck suddenly shifts into high gear ... accelerating rapidly ... finally catching all of us by surprise... none of this will matter ... you’ll never hear it coming ... till too late ... few did in 1929, in spite of all the warnings ... you didn’t hear in 2000 ... nor in 2008 ... nobody will in 2014 ... the Mack truck will finally catch all by surprise, once again.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Dog food is always a choice that can keep you alive and is cheap. I would not want to be stauck eating dog food but it can serve many purposes. It is cheap as it gets and can be used to trap critters and maintain your life in a jam. With a couple of theso water straws and no worries if you have knowledge to carry on from there.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
Cat would only be one average very sad meal.
Rats are an unending supply, especially if you breed them.
Of course this is only a worst case scenario.
OP, if you do not already, get a pool.
They are pretty cheap and are a great temporary source of water when the pressure goes.
It also beats humping a ways to fill jugs that make you a target.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I disagree that preparation is futile. Hear me out. Someone has to be 'left behind'. Someone -- or several someones -- have to carry the burdon of carrying on, marking the ways of societal mores, improving upon them, and preserving the knowlege of a previous civilization. Some of my friends have indicated to me that they don't want to survive a 'nuclear winter'. Okeydokeyfinethen. I do. My Bride does. We both want to be able to foster a new growth borne from the old. If it is the will of the "IS" -- that which controls humanity -- we would choose to help start humanity anew.

I have the Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, as well as several other math books preserved in plastic. It costs me nothing to preseve these books. I also have several art books and philosophy books preserved. I hope to not need them.

But what if I do? Better to have an encapsulation of human longings than to not have them and need them.

The next few years have the potential of being terse. I wish you all the best of times.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join