It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you want to be remembered at your funeral?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
On a few occasions I have mentioned to my wife that when I go I would like a closed casket..All that I request is to have some pictures of me with loved ones surrounding the immediate area. The last thing I want is for people to talk about how great or crappy a makeup job the funeral home did. With that said I noticed some people going to some extreme for their loved ones and this takes on a new level. In a way it's taxidermy but for a short time...

Link

It appears to be more prevalent in New Orleans but the guy on the motorcycle looks pretty cool...not my cup of tea but I'm not at all judging. I guess I am asking folks how important is the funeral to you?
edit on 23-6-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Cremated and scattered to the winds .. no service of any type and if they bollox up and bury me am going to come back as a veangeful ghost and haunt them..

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The funeral itself is less relevant to me - I think that has a lot more to do with the feelings of the mourners than the deceased.

I've thought about having my ashes woven into the soil mix for some sort of a tree. I've also thought about becoming one or many memento mori. Ultimately, I'd either want to be a sort of a family relic, or be "destroyed" as quickly and non-toxically as possible.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'd like to think that I would be missed for something. Even if it was a laugh I raised. Plus I want people to party, use the fact of my death to realise that they should live life.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I don't. I don't want a funeral or a memorial. Like you, I don't want people walking by saying, "Oh! She looks just like she's sleeping!". NOBODY EVER looks just like they're sleeping. That's the most ridiculous remark I've ever heard. They look dead. Every single person looks dead. Regardless of how much one pays to be dolled up.

I am hoping that when I die, my body will be lost somehow and nobody will ever have to deal with it or look at it ever again. I was here then I was gone. The End.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Ironic that a thread like this should be posted in the Health & Wellness Forum

I'm with Pat, dispense with the composting and go straight to dirt with as little fuss as possible.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 23-6-2014 by myselfaswell because: stuff

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I wanted to be remembered as the guy who someone says in the middle of the funeral "LOOK... HES ALIVE"

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I wish to be loaded into shotshells so all of the people that survived my reign can go out and shoot me into my favorite hunting/camping spot in the sierra nevadas.
For the service, I'd wish there to be a 3 drink minimum (on the house of course) so all in attendance will be lose enough to spill all of the dirt and openly speak crap about me!
I would want even my enemies invited so they may spit or otherwise on my memorial flowers.
That would be a blast!

(Edit)
How important is a funeral, not at all.
I want people to party and have fun!
Either because I impacted them in a good way or they are glad I am gone!
Now DJ, spin that shizz!
edit on 23-6-2014 by g146541 because: eta

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Cremate, have a party, and get on with your life.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I wholeheartedly agree. My wishes exactly. If by any chance my kids prove to have temporary insanity and decided to go into debt to that horrific rip off of a funeral industry,I guarantee they would not want me stuffed and propped up glaring over the service. It would be an accusatory stare they would never forget. I'm quite firm and passionate about how I have chosen to leave this life,and come hell or high water,I'll make it so. Silly laws,rules,and religious frivolous be damned.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Without any identification, wander far off into the wilderness and die alone, in peace.

In the creator's eyes if that way is good enough for wounded animals, then hopefully he will consider it good enough for me as well.

edit on 23-6-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
That I finally showed up on time. And that I was funny.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
No one will even know I'm gone. No one will care, I have no family and very few real friends.

When the time comes, I'll take the long swim into oblivion and peace.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I want my funeral to be as any party I'd thrown in life. Music, illegal fireworks, gunfire, booze, bonfires. my friends and family drunk or w/e off their butts that kind of thing. Culminating with the loudest speakers available blasting Carry On by Manowar. And if at all possible I want my gas soaked corpse to be shot with flaming arrows, preferably simultaneously by my 2 brothers, my cousin Nate and my brother in law Eric

edit on 23-6-2014 by Fargoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I want all my mourners decked out in T-shirts with

LIFE, Be In It

blazoned across the chest.

P

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
No one will even know I'm gone. No one will care, I have no family and very few real friends.

When the time comes, I'll take the long swim into oblivion and peace.

or perhaps something like this....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Funeral? Well, I guess if someone finally manages to separate my head from my body and then proceeds to absorb my immortal life essence into their own through a spectacular display of electric blue stylized 80's lighting... Then I suppose a simple ceremony will suffice. Dark colors, no fish.

a reply to: Fargoth

Please let me go to your funeral! That sounds epic!

I love Manowar.

\m/

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I've already expressed my wishes in that regard, hopefully they will follow them or I will haunt them! No, I wouldn't do that. I would like my loved ones left behind to know that they were loved and not to mourn me; to be happy and celebrate life because its a gift. Despite the pain and heartache the love makes it all worth it. Then, I'd want them to party and throw me an Irish wake as in the tradition of my family! I could write a book and turn it into a movie about my older brother's wake and funeral. Just sayin, true story, but that's a whole 'nother story.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I want to be cremated, and my ashes set into an urn which presides at a proper wake, with lots of food and booze for those who choose to join. I want my friends who are still living to tell good stories and lies about what a good person I was. I want the drunken mob to preside over scattering my ashes at sea, and I want there to be booze and food for that gathering.

I would like to be remembered as a man who cared about his people. I want people to say, "if he didn't help you in some way, you didn't ask."

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
There seems to be a spirit of catharsis here...however it's accompanied by the "Elvis has left the building" idea, as in let them say what they like etc. I suggest that what hasn't been said by the time we peg it...tough #, a life is more than long enough

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join