It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry Has Arrived in Baghdad - Expect Escalation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
If you have asked me about the possibility of a world war 1 year ago I would say that I don't think it would happen any time soon.

Since the beginning of the year I started not only to accept the possibility of world war (3) but reality of a world war.

Scenario is already known, actors are well trained, make up artists did the job, light is perfect; everything is ready...

Anyway: John Kerry has arrived in Baghdad to "spread some more democracy" and we know what does that means.

Isis' "ideology of violence and repression is a threat not only to Iraq but to the entire region".

Iraq crisis: John Kerry in Baghdad as Isis seizes more towns

Why do I have feeling that very soon after Kerry's visit more dogs of war will be released?

There are some more recent stories that fits well into global picture of complete escalation soon to follow:

Israel searches for teens kidnapped in West Bank, day 10

Why Pakistan’s offensive on the Taliban is a very big deal

Kenya attack: Five suspects shot dead near Mpeketoni

Israel strikes 9 military targets in Syria

Ukraine railroad blown up, Russian train derailed

12 killed in fresh attack in Northeastern Nigerian village

Somalia parliament attack: Al-Shabab attack kills 10

13 attackers die in assault on police station in ethnic Muslim region of China

what is your opinion on Kerry's "visit" to Iraq and what will it bring to Iraq and the world?

and what about the things happening in and around Israel, Syria, Ukraine, some African countries and in Asia?

my opinion is that we are witnessing global set of conflicts heating up and spreading - world war 3 in the making.

it may be different kind of war, asymmetrical, psychological, informational war but it still grows day by day, death toll is rising, we are seeing more and more refugees...

I hope I'm wrong and I would like to hear what you have to say about the global situation.

thank you.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: demus

I can think of a few dozen body bags that would leave the world in a better place.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Happy1

I can think of a few dozen body bags that would leave the world in a better place.

Kerry in one of them?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Happy1

anyways, I think we should be filling less body bags, not more.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I see they are already touting Maliki's successor.
A certain Mr. Chalabi, yes, the very same Mr. Chalabi who was the source of a lot of the WMD claims the US and UK used to invade in the first place. I am sure it's coincidence though and he's very much a people person and cares deeply about the Iraqi people.

www.democracynow.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
I see they are already touting Maliki's successor.
A certain Mr. Chalabi, yes, the very same Mr. Chalabi who was the source of a lot of the WMD claims the US and UK used to invade in the first place. I am sure it's coincidence though and he's very much a people person and cares deeply about the Iraqi people.

www.democracynow.org...

oh, I'm sure they have "him picked"...

I would like to quote a great man:

I know you got him, I know you've got him picked, but the man's in trouble, Ima show you how great I am

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

A ploy by the US to target Syria in one of its back door invasions may be unravelling and backfiring:

scgnews.com...

The US/ Saudi funded ISIS rebels have woken up to the fact that they're being used as muppets to give the US a reason to aerial bomb and dismantle Syria just like they did with Iraq. However ISIS have now decided to take rule over much of Iraq leaving the US in a pretty precarious position,especially with Russia and China looking closely from the sidelines

A recent press conference including some very truthful observers to the Syrian elections (interestingly cut off air 5 mins into the live feed) :

syria360.wordpress.com...

Gives a bit of insight into the US situation with Syria. The mostly American observers note that the US is clearly looking for any opportunity to install its own puppet government in Syria as it did with Iraq and is doing this by funding terror groups (ISIS) in a failed attempt to destabilise the country. They also acknowledge as legitimate the 78% approval rating for the elected Syrian government.

Can't wait to see how the US worm their way out of this one!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
A thing I notice is that the Mahdi Army of Shia is staying in Baghdad
and the ISIL Sunni Jihadists are consolidating the remaining towns in west & north Iraq

~but I suspect that will change IF/When the USA starts air attacks on the radical ISIL~

Then Baghdad and the Eastern Iraq Shia stronghold becomes a battle zone as a result of USA overreach

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
If Baghdad were to be surrounded, placed under siege by the ISIS/ISIL rebel army, while Kerry were there.... somehow pinning him down, would Obama do something to get him extracted safely?
I was just thinking, it might be a way to get us into a wider war in the ME, if something happened to Kerry while he was over there.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

What is Kerry going to do since both sides fighting in Iraq occurred prior to his visit?

@ Happy -
Like turning the entire Middle East into one big glass factory with unlimited parking?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Can we trade Kerry for anyone? I mean seriously, we'll take anyone. Or even a goat or a camel?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Can we trade Kerry for anyone? I mean seriously, we'll take anyone. Or even a goat or a camel?

Goats are like girlfriends to some of those guys over there, so if you want to trade, you need to find a plastic surgeon that will make Kerry look better than your typical goat or camel.
Good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I'm wondering if Kerry will make it out alive at this point.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
In my opinion, and some may call this psychopathic in nature:

Si vis pacem, para bellum -

is a Latin adage translated as, "If you want peace, prepare for war" (usually interpreted as meaning peace through strength—a strong society being less likely to be attacked by enemies). The adage was adapted from a statement found in Book 3 of Latin author Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus's tract De Re Militari (4th or 5th century),[1] although the idea it conveys is also present in earlier works, such as Plato's Nomoi (Laws).[2][3]

Quote source

We deal too softly with those who wish us harm. Taking the moral high-ground for years, starting with Vietnam, has cost us dearly. We are soft, and "detain" people, rather then making death a cold hard fact.

These groups in the middle east don't fear us as much as they should, we capture them and put them in places lit Guantanamo.. They know they will be released in time, or will be "relaxing" in a cushy USA prison, and if they are to die, it will be "humaine" and "peaceful", Much more so then their victums recieved.

They know, for the sake of Political correctness, that their barbaric behavior will not be matched, or outdone. Because the PC groups, and such would make such a stink. You should always match force for force, fire with fire. As it's the only thing animales understand. Put the fear of hell into them, and they'll sit down and shut up. Even still, those too rabid must be put down.

There is another thread, that includes the term "awesom" in regards to some terrorists being blown up by a hellfire missle. Many think this is "gruesome" and "aweful". I think it's just fine, becuase I know, that they would just assume behead the majority of us, without so much a blink of an eye. Better them, then me.

There will be temporate spots of "peace" here and there, but make no mistake, War is always right around the corner. Don't be caught un-aware, for chaos has no mercy on the unprepared.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

I think those civilians and "suspected extremists" killed by drones daily would disagree with you.

and why would any militant group fear their masters?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

- Civis romanus sum

Appeasing the aggressor only makes the aggressor more aggressive.

Until the Israeli and Palestinian people come to the conclusion that their respective governments and allies of those governments are partly responsible for the intransience I doubt any type of settlement will ever come.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yes - further up the proverbial pyramid, I was thinking.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

"Suspected extremists"?

Do we only make the distinction on "suspected" when they attack military targets / US / Allies?

Please explain how its not extremist for a moron to strap explosives to himself and go to a market place jam packed with civilians and murder them by exploding himself?

that action is more extreme than a surgical missile strike against terrorist locations.

If the terrorists did not act like a bunch of cowards by intentionally operating in civilian areas things might be different for them.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
drones are killing extremists and those who are suspected to be extremists.

unless the guy controlling the drones from another continent can know for sure what are intentions and ideology of villagers in tribal/rural areas of Pakistan, Yemen, Afghanistan etc?

"preemptive killings" of groups of people is not helping the "democracy" or "war on terror" but is sure way to spread fear and hatred toward USA.

if they were really targeting terrorists why we see extremists groups more organized than ever?

ah yeah, there are two kinds; "our" and "theirs" terrorists...

The bill, sponsored by Reps. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) and Walter Jones (R-N.C.), would require the administration to release an annual count of the number of people killed in drone strikes, as well as information on whether they were believed to be civilians or combatants.

New Bill Would Force Obama Administration To Count Drone Deaths

Drone Operator Admits He Was Ordered To Kill Countless Innocent Civilians, Including Children

Brandon Bryant, 27, from Missoula, Montana, killed scores of innocents – by his own admission – simply by pressing a button from a control room in New Mexico. Bryant couldn’t take any more after following orders to shoot and kill a child in Afghanistan. He knew that following the orders was wrong, but the very fact that he had been ordered to murder people who it was clear to all were innocent, told him that he was fighting for some very bad people.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Interesting arguments thus far from both sides.

Question -

Why are people upset when a drone is used to kill suspected terrorists while at the same time those very people are silent when a deranged Muslim extremist blows himself up, along with women and children, in a market place?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join