It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with this site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Over the last umpteen months I've seen some terrible malarkey emanating from this site. I am now quite concerned about it.

I've had all sorts of problems, from the white sh!t at the sides which now appears to be gone, to auto installation of software from this site.

ALL of the problems I experience on the interweb are from here.

The current problem is plenty of this;

With this little message in the corner;

It's beyond irritating.

And before anyone asks, I operate a bullet proof system as best I can. Interweb connection remains solid at 130Mbps.

What gives ?

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Yes, I'm having the same there MSAW. Thought it was just my set but only
happens on this site. Lots of horizontal lines through text as well. Difficult to navigate at times. Generally I just reboot and sometimes it goes.

Dunno what it is.

Regards,

Bally

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
I've had all sorts of problems, from the white sh!t at the sides which now appears to be gone, to auto installation of software from this site.

... With this little message in the corner;

It's beyond irritating.

And before anyone asks, I operate a bullet proof system as best I can. Interweb connection remains solid at 130Mbps.

What gives ?

The bulletproofness may be the problem : if your bulletproof-browser is blocking adverts incorrectly it could stop the ATS page from loading :
the browser then just waits forever for the blocked-advert to be loaded, which never happens.

BTW the auto-installation scams are via third parties who advertise on ATS, so not directly from ATS site, see ... www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-6-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

I am not blocking any advertising.

Cheers
MSAW

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Been having issues with pages loading on ipad for a few days now, wasn't sure if it was my end or here, but all other websites load fine.

The loading bar goes about halfway and then it will stop, often only loading the background image seen in the OP.

Using safari.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I use Chrome and rarely have any problems with the site, even when everyone else appears to. I don't get ads because I post too much, but even when I'm not logged in still have no issues.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

this exact thing has just started happening to me too and just recently......in the last week or so ...

and that little 'waiting for us-ads' thingy ive never seen before the entire time i have been visiting this site ...now i know this is not just me makes me curious

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
yeah...I'm copping the same crap as you ....

I can go and make a cup of tea...while waiting for a page to down load.....
don't know why....ATS never use to be like this......

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I joined hoping that it might help with some of the problens, it did not! The ads contiualy download and max out my CPU with complete lockup. Have to restart the entire computer. I run a kleen machine with no viresus adware or other nasties.

Also I notice how slugish this thing takes typing comands and mises keys.

Is this a gov't conspiracy to drive people away from this site.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Many people have had issues similar to your's, and I believe most of them come down to browser settings.

Chrome seems to be the culprit most of the time.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Chrome works fine for me for the entirety of the Multiwebverse. Except for here. Blaming Chrome I suspect is a cop out.

Why is this site different. What is this site doing, or trying to do, that others clearly are not.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Yep same problems here! extremely slow loads and hangups, unresponsive controls etc.Using Chrome on Asus Transformer tablet.Also getting unwanted downloads from Mobogenie (which can't auto-install thank goodness.).

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I was having a variety of issues with this site and Chrome until I changed one setting. It's in the advanced settings section and I believe it says "predict network actions" or something along those lines. That must be unchecked.

Can't say for sure what the setting is, because I do not use chrome on this machine....so I can't look.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I was having some problems with slow loading and called my provider.

They installed a new cable from the pole to my house and since then everything is working perfectly.

The serviceman reported a corroded connection due to a non waterproof connector.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Using firefox on android rooted with custom rom ... aside from the poor signal out here in the boonies at times its running good here ..

Maybe its a regional thing ?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

No. None. Never did, and don't have any of the issues your expressing. I use 4 different devices with ATS as well. Laptop, phone, PC, tablet...and 1 PC at work.

No issues like these anywhere.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This site is completely unusable on my older Ubuntu laptop.

Its the only site that is that way, but after opening a page or two I basically have to restart my laptop.

No issues on my desktop, for the most part (the annoying pop up ads, expanding ads, etc still seem to be an occasional problem, regardless of settings).

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
It's obvious that things have changed somewhat, and for the better I might add.

I changed nothing at my end, so it was either the space between or something was rationalised at your end. I'm guessing it was your end.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
My computer keeps repelling all kinds of attempts to download software on some of the threads. It's getting annoying now.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
There's a know issue with a Firefox add on (search for it there were more than a couple threads on it that include the fix) that causes the CPU to max out. Beyond that things should be running fine, I use Chrome and have zero issue.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join