It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia seeks China, India as partners of new energy alliance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

www.thehindu.com...

Russia has signalled that its proposed giant gas pipeline to China could be extended to India, setting the stage for a triangular energy partnership among three core members of the Brazil-Russia-India-China-South Africa (BRICS) grouping.

Construction of a gas pipeline from Russia to India would be “one of the largest infrastructure projects that could be conceived”

As expected , after making the 400 billion energy deal with China they want extend the deal to India . This should help diversify India's and China's energy requirements and also help secure a reliable energy partner in case things with the western world go sour . This would also help China bypass the sea lanes and secure a direct land route for its energy supplies .

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I don't think India will want anything going through China.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
I don't think India will want anything going through China.

Pakistan, Afghanistan and the other countries aren't much better either. That only leaves China and/or Mongolia.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

I wonder what will happen when India is forced to choose between US food and aid Vs. Russian energy. Anyone betting on the Russians?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Why not as they both have huge consumer markets so trade should improve dramatically, especially if the USA and EU do not have the money to buy so many goods and the dollar gets dumped.

I have seen a lot of total rubbish written here about Russia being some kind of antiquated old state and if you think that, then you are a fool. The West sees what Russia wants it to see and not the Russian's latest research and projects. I had to laugh as RT showed us the new plane the USA military have been trying to get in the sky that is now having to be sold to other partners because of its jet-propelled spiralling costs. Then to get the opinion of an arms expert that the thing was created to do so many things that it succeeds and none especially well.

Russia, China and India with the combined skills of those countries will be a formidable block and when Brazil and South Africa are added one wonders if they actually need the rest of the world at all?

Both Obama and Cameron are trumping out of personal jealousy because neither is held in the esteem Putin is with the Russian people, especially after such a long time in power. Their propoganda about Russia is worthless because both have contributed personally to the worsening diplomatic relationship with Putin so have shot themselves in both feet.

After years of sanctions and screams against Iran, America is now forced to negotiate with that country to try to broker a deal in the ME and curb Sunni Extremism - and who backs that - the West's ally Saudi Arabia and her toadies. With allies as devious as Saudi's egotistic Princewith his own agenda to turn the West into one huge puppet Islamic State, perhaps we should be trying to join the Russians and their blossoming partnerships.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I wonder what will happen when India is forced to choose between US food and aid Vs. Russian energy. Anyone betting on the Russians?

US does not give AID to Indian government and the food can be bought from elsewhere . It gives aid to Indian NGO's which will have stop soon ...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I see these articles and I keep thinking that if it goes through, somewhere down the line its going to blow up in their faces.

You are talking about 3 countries who have barely remained civil to each other over the years. They have border disputes with each other (especially India and China over an Indian province near their eastern border as well as Kashmir. For those who don't know while India and Pakistan get all the media on that issue China actually has a portion that is in dispute as well).

While Energy is important it makes no sense for those 3 countries to go down this road. At least until they can resolve some of their ongoing problems with each other. All 3 have diverging goals for their respective nations, from domestic to foreign relations to space exploration.

India recently increased the size of their active duty military, primarily tank divisions and assigned them to the Chinese border. China recently had their troops cross into Indian territory and temporarily held Indian territory untl China removed them.

Chinese naval vessels challenged Indian naval vessels in Vietnams waters.

To me, right now, it seems like a pipe dream. At the very least a short term possibility if it does go with it falling apart the first time one of the 3 nations does something the others don't like / might get dragged into sanctions / etc.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
I do not think you thought that statement quite through. Guess who is the I and C in BRICS.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

originally posted by: Metallicus

US does not give AID to Indian government and the food can be bought from elsewhere . It gives aid to Indian NGO's which will have stop soon ...

Yes the US does provide aid to India via our USAid program. A program that has been in place since the early 1960's with its primary goal of assisting other nations financially as well as in the technical realms.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
For those leaning on the BRIC argument.

Russia - India - China - Brazil.

* - 4 countries
* - Its an economic partnership and not an alliance / military alliance.
* - Its purpose came about when those 4 nations crossed into the "developed economy" status. They landed in the area between the G-8 and developing countries.

IF nothing happens - war / plague / famine / etc The BRIC nations economic output could reach and possibly surpass the US economically.

Based on the fairytale of nothing major occurring BRIC nations will achieve the economic parity with the US / EU -

By the year 2050.

Again, BRIC is economy, not military.

new topics

top topics

join