It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A beezer film review "Lady In The Water" by M. Night Shyamalan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

When I watch a movie, any movie, I try to suspend belief. Kind of like going to a magicians act.

I enjoyed the build-up, the twist. Horror, psychological or supernatural is in the eye of the beholder, in my humble.

It was a movie I felt on an emotional level.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I loved the ending for the village. Then again, I love WTF? endings in general. I don't care for nicely wrapped up movies because life doesn't work that way. My favorite book ending is a sort of love story where at the end of the book the guy reveals that he stole someone elses identity and everything she new about him was a lie. She walks away crying not knowing what to do. Perfect, just prefect IMHO.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I just watched the trailer and it looks exactly like my type of movie.I cant believe i have never heard of this movie before.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

When I watch a movie, any movie, I try to suspend belief. Kind of like going to a magicians act.

I enjoyed the build-up, the twist. Horror, psychological or supernatural is in the eye of the beholder, in my humble.

It was a movie I felt on an emotional level.

Well, that makes sense. Maybe had I gone in without all the preconceived notions they fed to us all, I might have enjoyed it more. Really, he shot himself in the foot with all the promotion. Leaving it all mysterious would have been better. Someone I know said she actually knew what was coming. All considered, I can believe it. I suspected what was in The Sixth Sense. The Village, didn't really think about that much, though I knew something was off. Might have to give it another watch sometime, and see what I think now, years past all the hype.

What about Lady in the Water did you like? The one I know that did saw it as a child's story, and enjoyed it that way. For me, that one simply wasn't a style I cared for. Nothing wrong with it, per se, just different taste. That's true for all movies, however. Personally, I can't understand why anyone pays to see anything with Will Ferrell in it. Seen three, and seriously loathe him as a result. Yet tons of people apparently love his movies. Then again, my husband liked Friday. Why, I can't say. I am picky on comedies, though. Oscar is a favorite of mine, for example.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I always found M.Night's movie to be something different from normal... i always figured like he is trying to make something the world yet to understand or look deep into... like there is always a deep meaning to it.

I liked all his movies execpt The Last Air Bender...he destroyed my favourite TV Show.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The Lady in the Water had characters I could relate to.

There was a sense of innocence and sadness that I related to.

I could "connect" to the characters and in that way, enjoy their joys and discoveries and feel their sorrows and losses in the same way.
edit on 26-6-2014 by beezzer because: grammer

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I love sleeper movies. I get a good nap that way.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I just finished watching lady in the water and it arguably has to be one of the best films i have never seen. I read the reviews the film got and i do not think it was in any way justifiable to the mastery of storytelling that is embedded in this film. Critics can whine all they want about his supporting role in the film but i think the characters were very relatable and the story was quite powerful. M.Night tends to cop a lot of criticism for his films but i think he is a great storyteller.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Makes sense. I suspect that characters with whom we can personally identify are a major factor in how much we each enjoy any particular movie. I did like the innocent feel the film had; I just didn't relate to the characters so much.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join