It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I did a google search - Google seems very keen to push "berenstain", so I had to get the search engine to reject that term and use "https://www.google.no/#q=berenstein+bears+-berenstain"

nb.urbandictionary.com...

www.ticketmaster.co.nz...

It really looks like someone is trying to edit world history:

www.youtube.com...

You won't find a single reference to Berenstein at Youtube.

Here's some more links - second hand booksellers state the author and title as variations
on Berenstein and Berenstain (Jan or Stan or The Berensteins)

www.abebooks.com...

edit on 19-6-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

link   
Mandela's last death will be my first 'solid' memory of his passing, but I fully expect to be shocked and confused when he dies again in a few years

Berenstein is what I remember. My mouth fell open when I started reading the OP until I settled down and remembered that I've had this timeline switching feeling for years.

And I dunno...this is just one of those times when I feel like Occam's Razor actually works WITH "the people" for lack of a better phrase. 1000 people hear hoof beats and for some reason all think zebra and they're all en-mass wrong?
edit on 19-6-2014 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: CitizenJack
a reply to: pirhanna

Not sure if you were aware or not, it maybe coincidence but everything we are talking about is actually refered to as the Mandela effect.

Check it out if you have some time to kill.
mandelaeffect.com...

Look through major memory links , interesting stuff there.

I just found this having mentioned Mandela a few posts up. I started digging and ran across the site you linked to. It is indeed very interesting. I have been looking at it for a bit. There seems to be a definite "don't remember" crowd and a definite "do remember" crowd. I find that odd and wonder if it isn't possible those people that do remember are telling the truth.

I don't know enough about time shifts, slips, etc. but one has to at least accept that there are A LOT of folks that remember things differently than others. What the cause of that is, I haven't a clue. But it's curious and interesting.
edit on 6/19/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ha some high weirdness but I hate to burst anyone's bubble but I have always recalled a tv advert for the show and recall the announcer pronouncing it BerenstAIn Bears which was always strange to me as a kid because I had thought it was BerenstEin Bears myself. I think it is just mispronunciation.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Here's a page from the site given with common "memories" for the Mandela Effect..

mandelaeffect.com...

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
If anyone has already posted this link...I apologize...If not....hold on to your pants...

imgur.com...

(admittedly it's hard to dismiss photoshop...but it's also hard to dismiss memories from thousands of people)
A2D
edit on 19-6-2014 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

I've been reading through that and noticed a few of them that I could relate to. I would be curious if others find a few as well.

I remember the Henry VIII painting with the turkey leg, Louie Anderson Dying, 51/52 states so far. Weirder and weirder.

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
If anyone has already posted this link...I apologize...If not....hold on to your pants...

imgur.com...

A2D

NICE!!! The top 3 books has Berensteins.

ETA - But the titles are Berenstains on the other 2. WTH? Photoshop?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

the top 3 have berenstein...

"Berenstein bears cub club" on the right side of the others...

A2D

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

I saved the picture in case it disappears lol. Good find! Thanks!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

It almost looks like a typo on the books. It has both Berenstain and stein on the same book.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
D'oh! We've just been moved to Skunk Works!

link   
I remember -stein. Funny because I have a memory of being in elementary school and talking about the Berenstein bears to my teacher...and she kept correcting my pronunciation to -stain. It annoyed me so much that she kept correcting me -stain...when it clearly said -stein.

My theory: Did the publishers just misspell the authors' names?..and you know, eventually correct it in later publications?

Very interesting happenings here! Great topic.

edit on 19-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

link   
Anyone else thinking of Dark City?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

LOL that's pretty much where this belongs.

Either way it's still overwhelmingly entertaining.

This is bizarre.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

That it is OA... On both counts.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CitizenJack
a reply to: pirhanna

Not sure if you were aware or not, it maybe coincidence but everything we are talking about is actually refered to as the Mandela effect.

Check it out if you have some time to kill.
mandelaeffect.com...

Look through major memory links , interesting stuff there.

Thanks for the link. I already started in on it!
I think anyone who doesn't view time as always solid and linear might be interested in that site / topic. Interesting - I posted earlier that I thought one of the Mandela deaths was in the "late eighties". The Mandela Effect page states that people have memories of his death in the 80's. Not exactly a precision measurement, but certainly eyebrow raising.

Skunk works makes sense for the topic, which is highly speculative, as that's what skunk works is for (if I recall).
edit on 19-6-2014 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
How about The Lost Thunderbird Picture?

ATS Hunts For The Missing Thunderbird Picture

Mark Hall goes in search of an exciting cryptozoological photograph that no-one knows quite whether they've seen or not...

One of the most-discussed and least-seen photographs in recent history must be the alleged frontier snapshot of a dead Thunderbird nailed to a wall with six men standing in front of it to demonstrate its size. People have been talking about it for more than 30 years. A handful of people claim to have held a copy of it, but realised its significance only after their copy had been lost. A fair number of people have recollections of having seen this thing published in a book and many have vague recollections of having seen it somewhere at some time, but cannot remember just where.
source

This is one of those matters in cryptozoology that shall be forever unsolvable at this point. The situation is that once upon a time there was supposed to be a photograph that had been circulated in the late 1950s or early 1960s, which was seen casually by several persons someplace or another. And then at one point in time, cryptozoologist Ivan T. Sanderson found that the only copy he had, in form of a photostat from some unspecified earlier publication, had been lost while out on loan to some researchers. Naturally enough, Sanderson wanted to get another copy of it as a replacement. And then something happened (perhaps baffling but perhaps not): nobody seemed to be able to find another copy of the photo or even identify where it had originally come from. To quote an internet source on the subject:
source

EDIT:

For the record, I remember it being The Berenstein Bears but I think part of the problem is that we all remember it from being children and it was pronounced like "Berenstein" by adults. Couple that with a life of seeing exponentially more surnames suffixed with 'stein' and not 'stain' and it doesn't seem all that odd that many people would remember it incorrectly.
edit on 2014-6-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

edit on 19-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Did a quick editing run through the photo I found...

File Size 427 kB
File Type PNG
MIME Type image/png
Image Width 832
Image Height 177
Bit Depth 8
Color Type RGB with Alpha
Compression Deflate/Inflate
Filter Adaptive
Interlace Noninterlaced
SRGB Rendering Perceptual
Gamma 2.2
Pixels Per Unit X 3779
Pixels Per Unit Y 3779
Pixel Units Meters
Image Size 832x177

There is nothing in the file metadata that indicates this file has been edited....but that doesn't mean someone didn't very carefully erase their tracks...

I've zoomed and did everything I can do...I can't tell if it's photoshopped or not...maybe someone else can give it a go...I'm not the best at analyzing these types of things =)

(although I'm not sure if this link will work or not, you can post the image url in if it doesnt and do it urself....)
I ran the picture through fotoforensics and this is the ELA.....unfortunately I can't see anything to show that it is photoshopped....
ELA
A2D

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I have to say, that I recall this picture as well.

I can't say if there is even such a thing as different timelines but I also can't say that people's memories are false (considering the magnitude of folks that remember some things differently).

It's something straight out of Sci-Fi.

Thanks for linking that thread as I hadn't seen it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join