It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

""""OUCHIES"""" I got a boo-boo!--- No! dont touch it!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Last night was my turn to wash the dishes.

Sure enough hiding in the dirty water was this big wickedly sharp Chef's knife.

Yup you guessed it I plunged my hand right in and it sliced the tip of my flip-off finger---deep too!

Well like most guys will I sucked on my finger while mumbling a few choice words. The wife got me a bandage and even offered to kiss the boo-boo for me.

No biggie right--- only today I come to work and wouldn't you know I got this big report to type up and I swear to god by the time I finished page sixteen I was ready to cry!

Stupid knife---stupid me not being able to type with two fingers... Owiw, owie, owie...

I guess it could have been worse--- Could have been a paper cut!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think that filling ATS with fluff like this to sort through is extremely productive and radically enhances the site.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Dude...

How much of your finger came off? A guy I knew at school, near enough cut off his index finger on a ladder, as he closed it up. It was a bummer for him, because he was a guitarist, and wouldn't you know, it was his left index? He got it reattached because he went straight to the accident and emergency centre, and was back playing to his previous level after about six months. Not bad considering the fact that the finger was only hanging on by the skin, rather than the flesh beneath. Pretty hardcore, HardCorps.

I hope that your finger gets better in any case. There is nothing more aggravating than a finger injury.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

This is the general chit chat forum..... get over your self, not one forced you to click it

I feel for you hardcorps, done almost the same exact thing before.
And while paper cuts are bad, it could have been a cardboard cut, seems those go even deep then the paper ones!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Just what in the hell were you doing, doing dishes???

Dishes
Laundry
Fighting off angry bears
. . . . womans' work!

Squishing spiders
Farting
Grilling meat
. . . . . man's work!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I didn't take a slice off...but it did cut right down to the bone.

And I can forget about playing with my baby for a while... not the wife--- my other baby

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Just what in the hell were you doing, doing dishes???

Dishes
Laundry
Fighting off angry bears
. . . . womans' work!

I could say if I didn't help out with chores the wife would hurt me...
in truth we take turns doing chores round here...until the kids are old enough to press into indentured servitude that is!

edit on 19-6-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Nice guitar!!!

Well, here's to you healing up so you can make more sweet music!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Don't worry about CraftBuilder ...
I just blew him off...

I post serious topics on here all the time.
but sometimes we all need a break from all the doom n gloom too right...

OUCH IT HURT TO TYPE THAT!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

i got a new mini food processor. As i was washing it last night, i sliced a big chunk out of my thumb. Why is its blade to darned sharp?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Awwww...come over here, let me kiss your boo boo. I make it all better...

That'l teach you to wash dishes...

Des

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

NO !!!

You might infect it with yucky girl germs !!!!
and me without my cooties shot!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My wife has done that too.
did your machine have the two blades sticking out of that plastic middle piece?

Hers was bad enough we almost had to take her in to get stiches.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

yes sir. it has 2 speeds instead of the single speed the old one had. I had to buy a nutrabullet for my son, and picked that up on sale.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You sir are hard core!
When I don't want to do the dishes I just ask my hunney for a pass, she is generally accommodating.
But you sir, just going willy nilly and slicing the tip off your finger in order to get out of KP.
Hard core!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
My dad once sliced his thumb open using a kitchen knife to open a tin of paint.

Myself, I sliced off the top two millimeters of my thumb from a heavy metal door to a laundry.

Knew a guy in high school who lost the upper half of his finger when trying to change a light bulb. Put his finger into a live socket and fried everything down to the bone.

In the days of the first desktop PC's, the worst hazard was trying to reinstall those metal plates that were at the back of the box. You had to hold them in place and wiggle, jiggle and slide them around until they went in. It wasn't uncommon for the odd bit of finger to be trapped and pulled off.

Paper cuts are the worst, never quite sure how exactly they happen. Alway seemed to be on an airplane when I'm reading a brand new book. After a few days the paper would seem to soften up.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

Naw, it's not Hard Corps...

I do it to get sympathy sex from the wife

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Hate when that happens.....I don't use my dishwasher and I have many a slice over the years. Tell you a bad one though beginning of last years hay season I was at the barn by myself hooking the sickle mower up to the tractor. Had grabbed the back of the folded blade to pull it forward a bit and my thumb got caught in the sliding blade.....I couldn't let go because the blade would move if I did and cut my thumb off, couldn't yank it out because of how much pressure was on my thumb it would have cut it off. Luckily I had a claw hammer in reach and was able to pry the blade back enough to pull it out. It cut through my thumbnail to the bone about half way across it. I rode the 4 wheeler back to the house trying to drive with my left hand on the right handed throttle lol. My dad was in town and he saw me coming and walked out and I swear his exact words were this......You hurt? me-yeah cut my thumb pretty bad. dad- Is it doctor hurt or just hurt? I laughed at that later. Never did go to the dr, got the bleeding stopped closed up everything with super glue, wrapped everything up with electrical tape and went and cut hay. Wicked cut I feel for ya man.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

couldve been worse

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Are those guys still around?
I would have thought for sure they would have added their names to the Darwin Awards by now

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join