It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eitam/El Gorah and Camp Arifjan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hardly secrets, but these two bases showed up in a DoD solicitation for a telecom link. Eitam was an old Israeli Defense Force airbase in the Sinai, now used by multinational forces. Arifjan is a mostly US Army facility in Kuwait.

Here is the contract:
telecom link

Camp Arifjan

Multinational Force and Observers

You can view Camp Arifjan at n28.873215 e48.1640357 and the MFO at 31° 4'48.36"N 34° 8'51.22"E.

I believe when deployed to these bases, the proper comment would be "Is there no room left in hell?"

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Hmmm never been to any of those. Been to Camp Victory, along with many other Marines, before deploying to Iraq of course. Whats so interesting about a telcom contract? Our modern military has to have our interwebz, haha. Or maybe they need a new SIPRnet type installation, who knows?

I do mirror your comments about hell however, lol.
edit on 19-6-2014 by JJRichey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JJRichey
a reply to: gariac

Hmmm never been to any of those. Been to Camp Victory, along with many other Marines, before deploying to Iraq of course. Whats so interesting about a telcom contract? Our modern military has to have our interwebz, haha. Or maybe they need a new SIPRnet type installation, who knows?

I do mirror your comments about hell however, lol.

I search for communications contracts on fbo.gov to get information on repeaters. But once in a while, phone contracts show up. Nothing really special about these locations other than the history of the base on the Sinai. Though you never know where a drone base might pop up these days.

If you are good at it, solicitations on fbo.gov will get you tomorrow's news today since most projects start with a contract.

Not everything goes through fbo.gov. For instance, searching for hotel accommodations would yield clues to military exercises, since generally the bases don't have enough space for visiting crews, at least for something like Red Flag. But hotel rooms contracts must be handled differently.

Near the bottom of this page is a solicitation that reveals the address and a contact at Base Camp, Nevada.
Base Camp contract

join