It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TU-22 Armed w/Cruise Missile over Baltic pic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Some eye candy.

I find it a bit disturbing. Why would Russia act so aggressively toward their former allies from the Great Patriotic War?

DY think that missile is inert?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Some eye candy.

I find it a bit disturbing. Why would Russia act so aggressively toward their former allies from the Great Patriotic War?

DY think that missile is inert?

Amazing when you think about it: How something so beautiful can be so deadly. S&F

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It seems strange to me that you would paint a missile bright red. Seems to say, look at me, see how deadly I am, warning Will Robinson, warning.

I want to see a purple one. Just stage acting.

P

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I think its probably more of a burnt orange color, denoting that it probably is an inert test missile.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
BTW, I believe that to be a Raduga Kh-32 cruise missile. Its an anti-shipping cruise missile, and is an upgraded version of the Raduga Kh-22. It is currently produced and used on TU-22M's, so makes since.
edit on 19-6-2014 by JJRichey because: (no reason given)

Actually, looking at it again it may be the older Kh-22, would make more sense if its a test missile.
edit on 19-6-2014 by JJRichey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Amazing when you think about it: How something so beautiful can be so deadly. S&F

The plane or the ordinance? The plane while sleek wreaks of oldness…that's not a bad thing but man to those who keep up the gear is out dated. I imagine seeing it fly and maneuver is beautiful as with most planes in flight…but the ordinance is so ugly in blaze orange I wanna puke lol.

Opinion aside they seem to be ramping up recon lately and Russia doesn't do things for nothing or to be more specific send planes or ordinance out openly without a reason. So note that it is serious as much as it's beautiful/ugly lol.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Don't be afraid ,we are back in a cold war.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Don't be afraid ,we are back in a cold war.

It is that or this could get real hot, real fast. The last cold war stayed cold, I don't think this one will.

P

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Double post, ma bad!
edit on 19-6-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Even if we do enter another cold war, Russia will still be playing catch up, they can't even drill for Oil without using our patents. What chance do you think they have of even developing a 5 generation aircraft that rivals our F-22/F-35s?

Slim to none would be my answer.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
You will eat those words soon. Keep going. Nice to belittle Russia if you know jack about it. Forget where you get your rocket engines for your atlas rockets? Ohh i forgot you do not have a space program left and need to use trampoline to get to space. Never ever under estimate Russia or what the are capable of. Remember america could not win any armed conflicts against poorly equipped 3rd world nations with your advanced weapons. Those weapons is anyhow just as efficient as the least stupid uneducated fanny that have to use it. We all know how " clever" americans are. Soo while I am at it where do think all those high tech weapons you talk about is coming from. Yes correct China. You know there where you send all your manufacturing to. All america is nowadays is at best fitters and turners. Take green panel slot into green slot. Follow next step. Don't worry we made the connection fool proof it can only go in one way. a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

if you really want to know whats going on in Russia ukraine read Paul Craig Roberts. Go on I dare you.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: neversaynever

Actually i'm not American i'm British, and as long as our Ballistic Submarines are quieter and technologically superior to any antiquated Russian designs I imagine we are quite safe from any Russian sabre waving in our direction.

Not that Russia would not wipe the floor with us from a military perspective. I quite understand your superior numbers would prevail, but then both our respective nations would pay the ultimate price, that being Nuclear war.

After all it's still a MAD world!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

They don't need a fighter that can go toe to toe all they need is a missile that can do it and something to get it within range and job done and you don't need to spend billions on development

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

I imagine any armed conflict in Europe wont start with a full out exchange of nukes. Ground forces and air power would lightly will play their part way before we start chugging nuclear missiles at one another. From a technological perspective Russia is indeed behind in that dept even if they do possess superior numbers.

The real lesson is not to play this game, if memory serves, nobody wins in the end.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Ahh a while back, was it your british sub that hit the french one or the other way round? Superior subs yip.. Second was it not Russia who shot dow a f117 stealth plane when they were not even supposed to exist. Got that too yip. Advance planes yip. Now who got the s300 , s400 and s500 aa missiles. Ahh so why you need over priced flying coffins again? a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: neversaynever

Sorry, how many Submarines has the United Kingdom lost in comparison to the Soviet Union outside of armed conflict?
LoL

Even the mighty USA plays catch up in some respects to British submariners and their respective boats!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The "mighty" usa play catch a lot these days. But ain't Britain like mini me to usa. U know they shat you wipe. a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I always thought this was normal

top topics

<<   2 >>

join