It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Short film

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Any and all feedback, criticism, or opinions are more than welcome.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Didn't you post a 2 short films this morning?? I tried to look just now in your profile and can't find the threads. I was going to come back and comment on the one.

I don't remember the name of it but it was the scary one. The one where the girl bought some antiques and the house was going nuts? I REALLY liked that one. It was like watching something off TV until it was finished. Your talent shone brightly in that one. I do hope you can find some funding somewhere for it.

I like this one too... But the horror one was my favorite out of all of them. It made me want to watch it to the end until I realized there wasn't one.

I am hoping it was you that posted that, else I will be embarrassed but I could swear it was you.

Keep up the work. You do have talent so I hope you get some funded to show it off a bit more.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Nice
I'm so happy to see nice editing and not ten thousand jump cuts! About mid-way through watching I thought the plot might have something to do with re-incarnation... am I in the ball park?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Didn't you post a 2 short films this morning?? I tried to look just now in your profile and can't find the threads. I was going to come back and comment on the one.

Yes those were my teasers but they were trashed because of Tand C infractions
I'll post them sometime in the future for viewing pleasure and comments only....

and thank you for the kind words!!
edit on 19-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

dblpst

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You are welcome for the words.
Your work deserved them. If course I am not a professional, but as a viewer I did like them.

That sucks! Do you mind me asking why they were in violation? I have certainly seen YouTube videos that were far worse posted here. I am confused as to why they violated?

edit on 6/19/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I liked it, even though I have absolutely NO idea what the message was...

Thought "Harold and the Cliff" was good as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
I liked it, even though I have absolutely NO idea what the message was...

Thought "Harold and the Cliff" was good as well.

Thank you so much!!! And you remembered "Harold and the Cliff".... even though it was one of our first and I completely botched the sound.

Here is another film for a documentary competition for the A&E invitational that i worked on, where I got good sound. Always learning.

www.youtube.com...
&feature=youtu.be

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You are welcome for the words.
Your work deserved them. If course I am not a professional, but as a viewer I did like them.

That sucks! Do you mind me asking why they were in violation? I have certainly seen YouTube videos that were far worse posted here. I am confused as to why they violated?

I posted the trailers for movies that are still in development and we are looking for money to finish them. I asked if there were any venture capitalist out there. Asking for money is against the T&C. I think the teasers in and of themselves were fine. I'll start another thread in the future to show them and not ask for funding.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Thank you so much!!! And you remembered "Harold and the Cliff".... even though it was one of our first and I completely botched the sound.

Sound was fine...

Former church sound man here so I know just how challenging audio can be sometimes.

iZotope's RX denoiser sometimes can do wonders on tracks like that.

This is an example of a wind noise removal:

This stuff you likely already know about but just in case:

How To: Making a DIY Blimp Microphone Enclosure and Fuzzy Windscreen with Boom Pole and H4N mount

DIY zeppelin "dead cat"

edit on 19-6-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18052132]Murgatroid[/post

Thanks for that software link!!

Viewers will forgive poor video but not sound!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

So I guess your other thread got 404'd for T&C violations... for solicitation (for funding)? Heh... prostitute!

As I said in the long (quite complimentary) second reply that disappeared with that thread, you have a talent ... and I'm curious as to how many folks are involved with these and how it's delegated (separate writers, editors, directors, etc.)... also, have you been to (or are in) film school?

These are all far above the efforts of the average person who attempts film art... and after more experience, refinement and polish, you are destined for some recognition (unless you are 65 ...heh... with limited time to improve!). You already have a voice and an eye... and those are hard to teach, so the hardest part is over.

The fact you can take armchair criticism w/out defensiveness speaks well for you, too... so I'm impressed with your intellect, inherent talent and wish you well ...and I'm still curious as to the back story (while keeping anonymity).

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I liked it, the sound as you pointed out already, needs work, but otherwise keep doin what you love doin....

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Ahh. I see now. It looks like they could have edited that out, but I understand. I am glad you are sharing more though. They are worthy. Do you do this for a living?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Ahh. I see now. It looks like they could have edited that out, but I understand. I am glad you are sharing more though. They are worthy. Do you do this for a living?

I'm actually a SAG/AFTRA actor and that's mainly how I make my living. I learned filmmaking by taking a producers class at our local Cable Access Channel and competing in the 48hrfilm Project. I am also a New Media SAG/AFTRA producer.

www.48hourfilm.com...

Repost...the teaser...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

That must be insanely awesome!!

Thanks for reporting the on edit was talking about earlier too. I really wish you could make this one full length!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I was wanting more of the spooky one

Right up ATS' alley

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
our Western teaser/Trailer....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ok, my honest take. I think I have seen this movie before. It has the Ouija board, the hide and seek, the "come out, come out wherever you are", the sheet in the form of a "person" and it is not a real person, reminds me of the last Paranormal Activity movie or the third one I think. It has all the components of a scary movie but needs something extra special that is different. Just my opinion. What separates this from what has been done before? I really want that twist at the end that makes me go, Wow!

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
My next project is a documentary on "Women in Law Enforcement"

I have made a few documentaries lately, here is on of my favorites.

vimeo.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join